• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Who has the highest mileage lacrosse in this forum?

B3AST

Buick Ownership
Buick
My 2008 buick allure super is 280k km now. Hope it could reach 500k:p
That is truly awesome. I'm hoping to top 200k and keep the car as a secondary once I buy something else possibly next year. It's a great car. My single issue was the water pump going out last Thanksgiving Day.

It still looks as great as it did on day one back in 2011 (in my signature pic) & now has the mileage I included in this msg.

http://i.imgur.com/WtgWZVj.jpg

SanDiegoGuy

San Diego
Buick Ownership
La Crosse
I am buying a 2011 CXL with 57,500 miles on it. I hope to keep it the rest of my life being that I am already 67. At the rate I drive daily now, hoping to pass 200,000 miles on August 17, 2055. That is of course that I am still driving when I am 106 yr old. I figure if that is the case, I probably would have been driving those last 25 years with my turn signal on.

nlacomb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL and I just hit 175,000 miles.

DennisJJ

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm trying to get a feel for the longevity of my Lacrosse. Has anybody hit the 200k mile club?
I have 386,500 km on my 2005 Allure. Works perfect except for the heater fan motor....keeps surging. Does not burn oil, pretty good on gas, no knocks or pings, tranny is smooth.My safety inspection is due, and my Allure will FAIL due to rust. Rocker panels to the frame....CRAP. There's not even rust on any of the wheel wells. I might sell it as a Derby Car.

McLubbin

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Shit in Michigan everything is rusted.. My 05 lacrosse CX is relatively rust free with 146k on it though. Only spot is on the inside on the driver's rear wheel well and it's only surface, but I think that's had some bondo work.

gorgerit

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2011 Enclave and a 2010 LaCrosse
I have 150,000 on my 2010 AWD with the 3.0 liter. Biggest issue has been having to replace both catalytic converters. One at around 80k miles, the other just two weeks ago. I also have replaced the battery twice and just resolved a compass/GPS/Bluetooth issue. On my third set of tires now too. I still love the car but, the road salt and cinder is taking its toll on the nose.

Redkees

A Regular
Oxford, Ct
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
I'm trying to get a feel for the longevity of my Lacrosse. Has anybody hit the 200k mile club?
My 2006 LaCrosse CX has 221,000 miles as of today. I have done much maintenance on the car in terms of front end suspension work, replaced transaxle tie rods etc. Car runs fantastic. my Series III 3800 engine burns NO oil.
Transmission no issues. Its got a few blemishes scratches on the body but because it is such a reliable driver I gave it to my Son for school, soon to be going to college.
I did have to replace the fuel filter/fuel pump, water pump and I did all required service over the years.
My Son should probably run this car to 300,000 miles plus. Baring losing the transmission who knows??
It is cheaper to keep it running well rather than buying him something I know nothing about.
I realize though eventually that day will come someday but everyday it runs is money in the bank, lol.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
I am curious - all of those who have high mileage cars, have any of you done a transmission fluid flush/change ever? I am testing my theory that doing one of those causes the transmission to fail prematurely (from personal experience).

Severate

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am curious - all of those who have high mileage cars, have any of you done a transmission fluid flush/change ever? I am testing my theory that doing one of those causes the transmission to fail prematurely (from personal experience).
293,00 miles now. Never did any of that stuff. Going to turn 300,000 before the end of the year on my 2010.

jagmanvdp

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I had 300,000 kms (187,000 miles) on my Regal (2003) just before I bought the 2008 Allure. The allure has 40,000 miles on it... love the 3.8 litre engine....

mikeam

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
FYI - you don't need #1 done IF you use tier 1 gas (Shell, Exxon, ...) and use Techron Fuel system cleaner once or twice a year depending how miles you put on the car (per neighbor Chevy dealer Tech that works on my 2013 Lacrosse Touring, 2000 Vert, 2007 CTS-V, 2006 Tacoma).

Here's some more maintenance info. Per Buick, every car should have the following done at 100,000 miles:

1. full throttle body induction clean/service
2. transmission system clean/service
3. Plugs changed

I had all three done at 94,000.

Next svc for the transmission sys is at 150,000.

The throttle body should be serviced every 30,000 so I am overdue for that. I'm just going to get both done again here soon.

I guess I should also add that I have run 93 octane in it since day 1.

tomtella

Wolcott, CT
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXL AWD
I'm at 130,000 with my 2010. I am aiming to go to at least 250. Problems? I did have to replace both catalytic converters in the past year, but that's it! Just brake pads and tires.