• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Who's getting the Trifecta black Friday deal?

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
Deal says 5-30% off their tunes, but I can't find specifics for our 2018+ cars. Anyone else interested? My TourX is totally broken in with over 23k miles and has a good number of fuel economy performance data points across a variety of driving and weather conditions as well as the winter/summer fuel blends. I'd be interested in a tune at 20% off, but I'd purchase immediately at 30%.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I might be down for that too...I was thinking I would wait till spring but I do like saving money.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Hmmm, 6 year 70K Miles warranty gone., No published performance Numbers. I own a 600 HP ride.
I'm trying to talk myself out of this.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'm waiting for my extended warranty to end before I pull the trigger on the Trifecta tune. I thought I read somewhere they participate in Black Friday events annually so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there will be a deal a few years from now.

Hopefully by then, someone will have posted times while using the Trifecta tune.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
My issue with the Trifecta tune is, once you buy it you are stuck with it.

I have used the Cobb Accessport in the past for various cars (Subarus and Fords) and what I really like about how they do it, is I can completely uninstall the device and sell it to another individual, for example when you sell your car later down the road.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
My issue with the Trifecta tune is, once you buy it you are stuck with it.

I have used the Cobb Accessport in the past for various cars (Subarus and Fords) and what I really like about how they do it, is I can completely uninstall the device and sell it to another individual, for example when you sell your car later down the road.
From my understanding, you can flash back to stock tune, no? Not sure if it is possible to resell to someone else, though.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I think they ask for your VIN when you order, so I wonder if it is VIN locked.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Meh. For a little more money the Cobb Accessports are a much better buy. You can an actual tuning device vs a lousy cable.

But obviously Cobb will never support a car like the Regal, so I rather just drive it stock for the time being.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Got what you mean by stuck with it now.

Checked their site, looks like the discount for our 2018+ Regals is only 10%.
Real world stock to tune data done on same car same day, like 40 mph to 110 mph pulls. I know real cars measure 60-130, but remember we are dealing with a Buick and let's be safe out there.

Attachments

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The tune really wakes up the car plus it shifts so much better. It's well worth the cost at any price. If you need the tune adjusted Trifecta will send a new tune within a few days. They have great customer service.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Yes indeed it's a night and day difference with the tune. The car really pulls hard with all that torque.

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
I don't know if anybody else pulled the trigger but I did...I'll let you know how it is once I get the cable!

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
3 Things that are keeping me away from a tune.
1. Loss of power train warranty.
2. 93 Octane fuel requirement.
3. Lack of actual measured acceleration time to speed or 1/4 mile times vs. stock, despite all the hype.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
1) I still have my powertrain warranty after being tuned for 5 years and having warranty work done to my car.
2) The additional cost of premium fuel is well worth it for the added performance of the tune.
3) Since I don't race my car I'm ok with not knowing how fast it is, but I do know it's a lot more fun to drive.

Pedal Commander