• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Who's getting the Trifecta black Friday deal?

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
3 Things that are keeping me away from a tune.
1. Loss of power train warranty.
2. 93 Octane fuel requirement.
3. Lack of actual measured acceleration time to speed or 1/4 mile times vs. stock, despite all the hype.
Once I have the tune installed, I'll measure 0-60 multiple times before and after. No 1/4 mile though :(

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
1) I still have my powertrain warranty after being tuned for 5 years and having warranty work done to my car.
2) The additional cost of premium fuel is well worth it for the added performance of the tune.
3) Since I don't race my car I'm ok with not knowing how fast it is, but I do know it's a lot more fun to drive.
l should have said
1. Potential and likely loss of power train warranty if any possible issue arises that there is a somewhat defendable position that issue could be result of the tune. I watch too may lawyer shows on TV.

Last edited:

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Once I have the tune installed, I'll measure 0-60 multiple times before and after. No 1/4 mile though :(
What are you going to use to measure the runs?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Yes, please do. The only thing we have to go off of is someone who doesn't have the same drivetrain as us, or even the same platform.
A better test of power gain would be 40-90 or 40-110 if you are in a rural area with a good highway.

Pedal Commander