• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Who's the high-milers?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Bought mine on 3/7/19 with 34 miles on the odometer. I'm sitting at around 25,200 miles now.
You sound like a good source for any problems that develop as miles increase. Any problems so far as failures or increasing squeaks and rattles?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Seems people are putting down the miles on their car when purchased....
I was bitching to dealer about the car having 11 miles on delivery, sounds like that is low compared to others.
Maybe they quit driving them on and off the boat in reverse, like it was said they did with the G8's from down under.

MHoffmanPhoto

Buick Ownership
TourX
You sound like a good source for any problems that develop as miles increase. Any problems so far as failures or increasing squeaks and rattles?
Nothing out of the ordinary. There are some annoyances, like the cargo cover noises, and the lower control arm noises, but that's about it.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
What's clear to me in this thread is that many TourX owners spend a lot of time in the driver's seat, much more than what we're told is average.

It's not that much of a stretch therefore to say that we know motor vehicles, and though there are many variables involved (price, features, cost of ownership, reliability, durability, utility, driving dynamics) the equation still puts the TourX at the top of the list for an educated consumer.

Holymoly

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Dang - here's somebody who could testify about how things are holding up.
2 free oil changes/service, coming up on the third oil change. Lower control arm noise is getting more noticeable under all circumstances, not just under hard braking on rough surfaces. That could be to the dropping temperatures not just the mileage. No other odd noises or concerns. Tires are wearing even and still have plenty of tread left.

kmingis

Sustaining Member
RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Bought my TourX on May 17, 2018. Coming up on 41,000 miles this week. Still loving the long-roof!

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I wonder how long it will take to get our first six figure mileage reading? Sounds like some might crowd it in about 3 years.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Nothing out of the ordinary. There are some annoyances, like the cargo cover noises, and the lower control arm noises, but that's about it.
Thanks
You should have TSB done on control arms, that and ASS defeat module made big difference in car.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
I'll have my car for a year in about two weeks. 9500 miles on it now. I only have a 2 mile commute to work, but I'll put 150-200 miles on it every other weekend. I live in FL and bought it in OH so that's 10% of the mileage right there lol.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I bought CPO in May with 14,000 miles on the odo. I'll be cresting 30,000 miles here very soon. I have a 120 mile round trip work commute M-F, not counting all the other driving I do.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
My TourX has 28 miles on it at purchase, but over half of those were our test drive 2 months before. We've clocked 10k miles in 5 months but we put over a 1/4 of those miles on it in the first month during vacation. Having kids play competitive/club soccer means lots of weekends in the wagon driving a couple of hours to tournaments. High school soccer at taken us to both ends of the state also for tournaments. I expect to be out of warranty on miles well before time.

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
My TourX has 28 miles on it at purchase, but over half of those were our test drive 2 months before. We've clocked 10k miles in 5 months but we put over a 1/4 of those miles on it in the first month during vacation. Having kids play competitive/club soccer means lots of weekends in the wagon driving a couple of hours to tournaments. High school soccer at taken us to both ends of the state also for tournaments. I expect to be out of warranty on miles well before time.
This seems like the best place to mention the trip odometers are limited to 10000 kilometers, even if displaying miles.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Yes, that irritates me! Doesn't seem to make any rational sense to me on why they would code it that way.
maybe because "they" think - everyone loves CUV's/SUV's anyway, who cares about these car things?

Pedal Commander