• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Why is My TourX slow?

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Altitude, temp, heat soak of the intercooler, quality of the fuel (additives that come in the fuel, ethanol content etc) will greatly effect 0-60 times. This is not different with any car. This one is no exception. Also 93 Ron is 91 octane. Oil is not going to make your car noticably slower.

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
Torque Pro does not read boost correctly on the TourX - it will give you a max reading around 2-3 psi.
Works for me if I set prefered measurement to "ALT" and offset to "0". Idles around -11 to -12 psi. Cruise is -4 to -6 psi. Stock was 18 psi or so, tuned sees up to 24psi.

Wag0n

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence | 2021 Envision Avenir
Did a couple pulls in 2nd gear. Looks like timing is being pulled. Boost is reading higher than normal as well, but I may have selected the wrong pid. One of them is commanded boost and the other is actual. Will check again later this week.

305dd4d511ea57016ac35dcc42ec8ccb.png

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

cleeland

STL MO
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Knock sensor giving false readings?

I'm not familiar with the design of this engine and its various controls, so I'm pretty much talking out of my butt. In other engines knock or misfire is primary driver of retarding timing.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I did a run this morning: 44 degrees, slight layer of wetness in the pavement, but after a tiny bit of wheel slippage, I easily got a 6-7 second run. It pulled like crazy between 30 and 60.
With stock tune?

Regal LTD Coupe

Series I 3800 member
Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
93/91 shouldn't make a difference like that. Not 2 whole seconds, at least. Half of the states don't even offer 93. I live in CA, where all we have is 91 at the pump. I'm not running an 8 second 0-60.
Some Chevron locations should have 94.

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
Did a couple pulls in 2nd gear. Looks like timing is being pulled. Boost is reading higher than normal as well, but I may have selected the wrong pid. One of them is commanded boost and the other is actual. Will check again later this week.

View attachment 34909
I have to wonder why the TPS is only showing 30%?? Som thing wong with that!

Wag0n

Buick Ownership
I have to wonder why the TPS is only showing 30%?? Som thing wong with that!
It was 30% at the end of the run. If you look at the graph, it was at 100% when floored. The numbers are at the end of the run when I stopped recording. The graph is the representation of the run.

I haven't had an opportunity to do another test, but I was concerned that the boost levels were too high and that when it jumped to 30 psi it was pulling timing. That said, I may have pulled the wrong PID for commanded boost, not measured. I'll report back when I run another test.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Yes stock tune, but I didn’t use a stopwatch. I just floored it and did 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi… when I got to 6 dash was at 68 mph. The digital dash lagged as I saw it go from 24 to 47 to 68. I should have been looking at the dial speedo.
That sounds fast, I assume premium fuel.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
That sounds fast, I assume premium fuel.
Always. Top Tier unless I have no choice while travelling in unknown areas. It usually has Shell or Marathon fuel. Maybe I should use a stopwatch next time I try this, but I’m convinced my car pulls like crazy all the way to 60, so at least I know my car isn’t suffering from Wag0n’s syndrome.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Between 6 and 7 seconds is on par with what it should be. If you look across testing there is a range. Same with 1/4 mile times, low 14s to mid 15s. This is no different when they did testing on the grand nationals and the typhoons. This is all pretty standard for forced induction cars. You need a lot more data to see if there is anything that makes sense as to why power doesn't seem to be there. Mine will pull like a train some days, and others not so much. Ambient temps have a lot to do with it. Ac on or having been on, etc etc. Quality of fuel, people complain about Cali gas prices (yeah they are stupid high) but we have the most consistent gas in the country. Heavily monitored and controlled as far as quality. That's not the case everywhere in the country.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Here is a other thing too....the AC is actually turned on with the heat. I dunno the ac request scheme without seeing it in a manual, but I've noticed my car will turn the compressor on with the heater and the AC button off. Defroster off too. I've been using floor and face a lot lately, temp dial not maxed heat but more on the hot side. The compressor is definitely on, this dumps heat right into the intercooler from the condenser. So it doesn't matter if it's 30 or 40 deg outside, your heat soaking the intercooler. You need to look at Intake air temps. Higher temps make for less dense air, it also makes for more ignition retard.

Wag0n

Buick Ownership
Here is a other thing too....the AC is actually turned on with the heat. I dunno the ac request scheme without seeing it in a manual, but I've noticed my car will turn the compressor on with the heater and the AC button off. Defroster off too. I've been using floor and face a lot lately, temp dial not maxed heat but more on the hot side. The compressor is definitely on, this dumps heat right into the intercooler from the condenser. So it doesn't matter if it's 30 or 40 deg outside, your heat soaking the intercooler. You need to look at Intake air temps. Higher temps make for less dense air, it also makes for more ignition retard.
I had the climate control system off while testing to get the best run possible.

Wag0n

Buick Ownership
Doing some testing today and logging everything with my scanner.

Got a couple of 7.5 and 7.8 runs, but no better than that. Up to 40 is very consistent and after that it's all over the board.

Will upload data charts later

Screenshot_20220112-120502.png

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Replaced pedal with part 84478060. Problem fixed.
Sorry I didn't go back and read the thread, so maybe you can answer a few questions...
You had no indication of a problem except WOT did not seem like WOT... and when you replaced pedal throttle control it seemed like it got tuned?
Does the new pedal have the same notchy feel as the old one?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Glad to hear the new pedal fixed the issue, but can you confirm if this is plug and play? For this price, since I am on the extended warranty list I may just swap it out. Especially since I have never felt like my car was consistent either, the tune helped but still wasn't what I was used to. I had chalked it up to have an auto vs manual, but again for less than $50 it is cheap enough to try.