Wife's new Encore

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Well NormT..My 2012 Regal Turbo review is very positive. It wasn't easy trading the 2007 Solstice GXP..but I got a mid winter trade in deal (out of the blue)that I just couldn't refuse. Was ready for a bigger car..but didn't want a land barge(although some these days are also very nice). I tend to make occasional drive throughs to check out new cars..and usually only a few catch my eye. I did drive the Caddy ATS Turbo later..but for the $$ still satisfied with the Regal. Wife traded a 2011 Equinox 4 cyl for the Encore. Was interested in the 3.6 Equinox until I drove the Encore. Just more fun to drive..nice sound system and great features changed our mind. All she needed was a grocery getter(kids all grown) although the Encore is much more than that. She seems to be thrilled. That's what it is all about.
IceMan2

Last edited:

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Encore
Welcome Iceman2 to the Encore Team.

You traded in the Solstice?? Say it isn’t so!

I’m holding on to my Saturn Sky :)

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Welcome Iceman2 to the Encore Team.

You traded in the Solstice?? Say it isn’t so!

I’m holding on to my Saturn Sky :)
Hi08Bluesky

Something that helped me make the decision was that I found myself mostly riding my Harley all summer while the GXP tended to sit. I'm retired so don't drive to work,either. The little two seater was the most fun car I ever had..even after several Vettes and muscle cars..but it just wasn't getting enough use. I'm really a Biker type through and through. I surely understand why you would hang on to your Sky,though.
IceMan 2

Last edited:

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Encore
I’m with ya on both the Harley & the Kappa. :thumpsup:

In 6 years I’ve only put 17,000 on the Sky :driving:

but 25,000 on the Bike in 4 years. :vroom:

Still, it’s nice to have both (for now) :happydanc

Scooter M'Gee

Buick Verano
The Encore is really growing on me and your's looks great. Once the lease is up on the Verano an Encore AWD is very likely to replace it.

Oh, and Sporty's ROCK!!!!! Since ya'll posted your sweet scoots.....a shameless posting of a picture of scooter......hahaha.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Encore
Dang, what is it with the Encores & Sportsters? I’m surely seeing a pattern here!?!?! J

We best start talking about the SUV again or we’ll be accused of hi-jacking the Thread! J

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore

.photobucket.com/albums/c36/vcruiser/IMG_1089_zpse6722a95.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Drove the Wife's new Encore a couple hundred miles today! What a comfortable fun car to drive. The Bose sound system is quite nice as well. I think she is really going to like this little CUV much better than the Equinox. I'm very pleased that she traded..!
IceMan2

Detroit, USA
Drove the Wife's new Encore a couple hundred miles today! What a comfortable fun car to drive. The Bose sound system is quite nice as well. I think she is really going to like this little CUV much better than the Equinox. I'm very pleased that she traded..!
IceMan2
Hi IceMan2,

Your wife's Encore looks like a beauty! Great choice. I am glad you are satisfied with the ride and its comfort. I am sure your wife will love and enjoy her new Encore like you experienced already! If any concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist and can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Had a little snow yesterday. Enough to make the roads snowy early in the morning. Was kinda impressed driving the wife's Encore. Did pretty good...and seems it will do well in the heavier snows to come here in Indiana.
IceMan2

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Encore
Looking forward to such myself. We were caught out Sat night in the new Sonic that I had just put the Blizzaks on, though a light car, it did OK, not as much fun as the ol’ Fiero.

I told my wife that we’d take the Encore out once we got home, but our local roads were clear L Keep the snow reports coming!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!