Wife's new Encore

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
not as much fun as the ol’ Fiero.
I had an '84 se 4-banger for a little while, my buddy had an '88 gt (maybe it was an 87, can't remember). I drove mine to UPS at 3a several snowy mornings and couldn't believe how well that little guy stuck to the road. Weight over drive wheels works well.

My brother just bought his father in law's '86 911 targa (non-turbo). Pretty fun! I'd be interested in taking that out in the snow but doubt that'll happen.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
Can't wait for the Tday snow to test out the AWD on Squirt. The rear two wheels are supposed to magnetically unlocked after 37 mph. We'll how that works with the Trifecta Tune.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Encore
I had an '84 se 4-banger for a little while, my buddy had an '88 gt (maybe it was an 87, can't remember). I drove mine to UPS at 3a several snowy mornings and couldn't believe how well that little guy stuck to the road. Weight over drive wheels works well.
QUOTE]

Just had to watch the front, didn't like to steer well, unless doing a BatTurn :)

Drove one since 1984 (first an 84 then an 88) - always with 4 snow tires - loved the snow!

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
How in the world did this turn into a Fiero thread..?? :confused:

However..I did have a silver '87 6 banger(ordered new). At the time I really liked the car. Drove it all winter to work in midIndiana snows. Never let me down.
IceMan2

mmadden2

Northern VA
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
While I owned the Fiero (white), I found a Bricklin birdcage for sale (also white). I couldn't afford it, tried to get my pop on board, but he squashed that idea right quick :)

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
My Wife's Encore was totaled today. Guy pulled out in front of her from side street (she was doing 40MPH). She was shaken up but not seriously hurt. Whole front end wiped out. Such a shame. Seeing insurance agent tomorrow. I must say..this little car can take quite a hit..
IceMan2

sddale2001

Buick
I hope she is ok. It's good to hear that the car did it's job and she was not hurt badly.

Lynnster

Buick
So sorry to read this!! She'll undoubtedly be very sore tomorrow or the next day & then for a bit. I hope she went to the ER as shock can hide injuries initially. When able, post photos and let us know whether it was head on or side as the Encore didn't do well in the front offset crash & sounds like your wife's crash might have been just that. Very impressive. Did her air bag deploy & how's her face if so? Best to your wife! -Lynn

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
It was a head on crash. I must say..this Encore did very well. Front smashed well into middle of hood. Yes several air bags deployed. The hospital took X-rays & EKG. Everything checked out fine..excepted air bag hit her in chest with resulting bruising. Her face is fine + no air bag burns. She was very fortunate. She is very sore.

Last edited:

Lynnster

Buick
Yikes! I'm sure you'll take good care of her while she's healing. Such a scary thing….We were rear-ended on Sun while stopped in traffic in our Infiniti G37X & a friend was backed into in his Maxima. None of us had ever been in a crash before, but Mrs. IceMan wins for the most suffering. Tell her to feel better soon! Some week we've all had! ;)

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
My Wife's wrecked Encore(Monday 6th) was picked up at the wrecking yard on Friday Oct 10 by State Farm. Claim Adjuster will examine it and file report. I will be notified of results next Wed or Fri. Then it's on to replacing her car with either a 2014 or '15 Encore. 2014 Duplicate of her 2013 found nearby..but no '15s found on lots yet(in fact local dealer just received several more 2014s) . $500 rebate & $1000 end of year discount + my GM discount on 2014s. Most likely will take 2014.
IceMan2

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Wife's car was totaled. State Farm was very fair on amount of check for replacement ( they will go after other Ins. Co. for reimbursement). Also taking care of hospital bills...car rental..and missed days work.
Picking up 2014 Encore(same color & opts) Friday.
IceMan2

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Picked up my Wife's new 2014 silver Encore (replacement for the totaled 2013) at the dealer this evening(early). Exactly the same except for turn signals on mirrors..as far as I can tell. I swear,though,that it rides smoother & the Bose sounds better. Must be my imagination.
IceMan2

R&L's Encore

Buick AWD Encore
Picked up my Wife's new 2014 silver Encore (replacement for the totaled 2013) at the dealer this evening(early). Exactly the same except for turn signals on mirrors..as far as I can tell. I swear,though,that it rides smoother & the Bose sounds better. Must be my imagination.
IceMan2
Good to hear it all worked out for you. It could be they made some improvements and it actually rides and sounds a bit better than the 13.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!