Window message and faulty ignition start

JZ123

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
Hi everyone,

Recently, I took my car to get a state inspection, afterwards I’ve had 2 issues.

1) occasionally, there is a message once I start my car. It says to open, then close the driver side window. Then it asks for the passenger side. After, it works fine. This has happened half a dozen times over the last two weeks.

2) today, the car did not start when pressing the on button. There was a “click” noise, then everything powered down. I checked to make sure the battery terminals were secure. On the third try, it said “no remote detected.” On the fourth try, I held the button down for 3 seconds and then it turned on with the window message. I drove to my destination... The next time I started it, it took another four tries to start it. Same click noise and shut down. Once on, the window message.

Any ideas? The battery is 2 years old.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Out of curiosity, how old are the batteries in your key fobs? If they're still original, that may explain part of 2) and why you received the "no remote detected" message. Replacement(s) may be in order.

JZ123

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
They are original. I'll give that a shot. Thanks

JZ123

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
Didn’t fix it. I’ll probably just take it in to the shop tomorrow. Thanks for the comment Skylarkin’

G-177809

Didn’t fix it. I’ll probably just take it in to the shop tomorrow. Thanks for the comment Skylarkin’
Hello,

I appear to be having the same issue regarding the window and not the car will not turn over Using the key, the app, or the fob. The the dealership have a valid response for you?

G-694922

Hello,

I appear to be having the same issue regarding the window and not the car will not turn over Using the key, the app, or the fob. The the dealership have a valid response for you?
Also having that problem. What did you find out?

firegrl31

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Verano
Also having that issue as of today. Any Suggestions beside taking to dealership?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You appear to have a battery related issue, could be the battery or the cables.

elizaj

Buick Ownership
2016 Verano
You appear to have a battery related issue, could be the battery or the cables.
Would that be the case for this- vehicle does not recognize the key fob leaving the vehicle. I use the vehicle to lock and arm security. When I come back out to the vehicle doors unlock but the car will not start. Dash lights come on and nothing. I have to wait 15 - 20 minutes and I try again and it starts.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
What do you mean by vehicle does not recognize the key fob leaving the vehicle?
Has the key fob battery ever been tested/replaced?

G-383166

What was your solution?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!