• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Window sticker and Dfence

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
Irate Customer : We sat right here, in this room, and went over this and over this.

Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but that TruCoat...

Irate Customer : I sat right here and said I didn't want any TruCoat.

Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but I'm saying that TruCoat. You don't get it, you get oxidation problems. It'll cost you a heck of a lot more than $500.

Irate Customer : You're sitting there. You're talking in circles. You're talking like we didn't go over this already.

Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but this TruCoat...

Irate Customer : We had a deal here for nineteen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get me this car, these options, without the sealant for nineteen-five.

Jerry Lundegaard : All right, I'm not saying I didn't...

Irate Customer : You called me 20 minutes ago and said you had it ready to make delivery! You says, "Come on down and get it." And, and, and here you are and you're wasting my time and my wife's time, and I'm paying nineteen-five for this vehicle here!

Jerry Lundegaard : All right. I'll talk to my boss.

[gets up and turns before leaving]

Jerry Lundegaard : See, they install that TruCoat at the factory. There's nothing we can do about that.

[Customer ready to shout]

Jerry Lundegaard : but I'll talk to my boss.

Irate Customer : These guys here. These guys. It's always the same! It's always more!

But seriously... You don't need a GPS anti-theft tracking system when you've got OnStar, this isn't 1985 in the paint department either. Did the salesman wear a wide white leather belt and matching shoes with his hounds-tooth pattern suit?

jdoodle

Sustaining Member
Texas
2018 regal tourx
I can tell you with all certainty that anything that appears on the addendum sticker is grossly overpriced and in many cases just BS. I'd be willing to bet the clear shield, one armor and Dfence are little more than a spray on wax job and Scotchguard type of products that you could do yourself for $20 and they charge you hundreds. A huge source of profit for dealerships.

Long Low

2018 Tour X Essence
I totally agree the cost, but I purchased this car used,
‘and I feel for a great $$. I was just curious about
the quality and function of the options.
Thanks

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may consider going back to the dealer who made $$$ on these items for a explanation and warranty information, make them earn what you paid for lol.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
I totally agree the cost, but I purchased this car used,
‘and I feel for a great $$. I was just curious about
the quality and function of the options.
Thanks
Those items are questionable to begin with and the original owner had no way of knowing if most of that was actually done to the car.

Long Low

2018 Tour X Essence
It does have the clear bra on front and the door jambs.

Gracie615

Irate Customer : We sat right here, in this room, and went over this and over this.

Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but that TruCoat...

Irate Customer : I sat right here and said I didn't want any TruCoat.

Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but I'm saying that TruCoat. You don't get it, you get oxidation problems. It'll cost you a heck of a lot more than $500.

Irate Customer : You're sitting there. You're talking in circles. You're talking like we didn't go over this already.

Jerry Lundegaard : Yeah, but this TruCoat...

Irate Customer : We had a deal here for nineteen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get me this car, these options, without the sealant for nineteen-five.

Jerry Lundegaard : All right, I'm not saying I didn't...

Irate Customer : You called me 20 minutes ago and said you had it ready to make delivery! You says, "Come on down and get it." And, and, and here you are and you're wasting my time and my wife's time, and I'm paying nineteen-five for this vehicle here!

Jerry Lundegaard : All right. I'll talk to my boss.

[gets up and turns before leaving]

Jerry Lundegaard : See, they install that TruCoat at the factory. There's nothing we can do about that.

[Customer ready to shout]

Jerry Lundegaard : but I'll talk to my boss.

Irate Customer : These guys here. These guys. It's always the same! It's always more!

But seriously... You don't need a GPS anti-theft tracking system when you've got OnStar, this isn't 1985 in the paint department either. Did the salesman wear a wide white leather belt and matching shoes with his hounds-tooth pattern suit?

FARGO! You got to love it. What you quoted was one of my favorite scenes in that movie. It always comes to mind whenever I am dealing on a car...LOL

Get your turbo buick badge right here!