• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Window Washer Fluid

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
I purchased my Tour-X in Florida because my main location is in Central Florida. However ,,,,,,,, I sometimes must go to my Western New York location or my Roswell New Mexico location in the winter (cold cold cold) due to family emergencies. Decided to check the window washer fluid for freezing. Put a sample in my freezer and it froze solid. (Guess dealers think nobody leaves Florida in the winter). Now I have to siphon out the water and replace it with fluid that will not freeze (hard to find in Central Florida) just in Case I am called there for a family emergency. If I don't change it, the washer parts can freeze and break.

Biggest problem is to flush the hose that feeds the REAR window wiper, due to the distance from the pump up front, and the Wiper in the back.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Use 99% isopropyl alcohol AKA rubbing alcohol to the mix for winter to prevent the washer fluid from freezing in case you can't find the cold rated wash or don't want to flush it out.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
2018 TourX Essence
I once filled up with summer formula in the summer only to find that by the first freeze everything froze up. Fixed the issue by just pouring in some winter formula, believe it or not it unfroze what was left from the summer.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Not yet...
Like somebody else said, rubbing alcohol will lower the freezing point. Osmosis and using the washers a bit will distribute it through the lines.

IME, if the fluid does freeze, then there's no damage — it just doesn't work 'til it thaws.

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
Where is the reservoir for the rear wiper,does it draw from the one in front?
It draws from the front.

Takes a long time for the “Old” fluid to work it’s way back. I sucked all the dealer soapy fluid out and added real washer fluid that freezes down around -30F. Still have soapy fluid from the rear when I (seldom) use it.

BTW; does anyone know if there is a low fluid warning light for low fluid?

Ren

2018 Buick Regal Tourex
It draws from the front.

Takes a long time for the “Old” fluid to work it’s way back. I sucked all the dealer soapy fluid out and added real washer fluid that freezes down around -30F. Still have soapy fluid from the rear when I (seldom) use it.

BTW; does anyone know if there is a low fluid warning light for low fluid?
Thank you

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
Thanks. Have not added fluid in a long fine. (Takes a LOT of fluid).

I’ll wIt for the warning lamp or when it runs out before I refill.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
My wife goes through that stuff so fast. I'm used to seeing that message the few times I drive it and have to make a stop for some.

McCarthy5ny

Upstate New York
2019 Regal tourx wagon
Still trying to figure everything out, I just got my tourx wagon a few weeks ago. The rear washer fluid is not working. From what I am reading, if I am correct, there is only one washer fluid reservoir? The front fluid is still working and I do not have a low fluid light on, could the rear one be blocked ? I am in upstate New York and it it below freezing. Thank you.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Still trying to figure everything out, I just got my tourx wagon a few weeks ago. The rear washer fluid is not working. From what I am reading, if I am correct, there is only one washer fluid reservoir? The front fluid is still working and I do not have a low fluid light on, could the rear one be blocked ? I am in upstate New York and it it below freezing. Thank you.
When I got mine, the rear did not spray right away.
The rear washer eventually began to spray after I kept the wiper control stalk pushed forward for about 5 to 10 seconds.
The rear now sprays normally even after a few days.
I suspect that the hose was bone dry and needed time to pump the fluid to the back side of the vehicle.

CTMechE

CT
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
We've hit the teens in CT winter so far, and the dealer fluid hasn't frozen on me yet, though I doubt they'd use something that would.

But I second the RainX fluid. They have different blends, even of the same color, so look for the freeze temp on the label. I've seen the orange "all season" rated at both 0°F and -20°F so there are different variants, presumably for different markets.

The RainX treatment is great, though - I forgot how much I liked it 'til I drove my new TourX in the rain and immediately noticed how poor visibility was between wiper swipes.

And if you take your car to be serviced at a place that does complimentary fluid top-offs, just try to remember to fill up the reservoir with the RainX before you take it in, so you don't get it diluted by the dealer/oil change place.

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
When I got mine, the rear did not spray right away.
The rear washer eventually began to spray after I kept the wiper control stalk pushed forward for about 5 to 10 seconds.
The rear now sprays normally even after a few days.
I suspect that the hose was bone dry and needed time to pump the fluid to the back side of the vehicle.
When you try this, first pill the rear wiper arm out, do the blade does not scrape across the dry glass.

If fluid is frozen up there, you may have to park car in the sun on a warm day to melt the frozen fluid.

As a last resort, take it to your friendly dealer.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
When you try this, first pill the rear wiper arm out, do the blade does not scrape across the dry glass.

If fluid is frozen up there, you may have to park car in the sun on a warm day to melt the frozen fluid.

As a last resort, take it to your friendly dealer.
Thanks for the tip. (y)
It was raining when I tried that. I would never make a wiper to scrape over dry windows.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!