• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Window Washer Fluid

McCarthy5ny

Upstate New York
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal tourx wagon
When I got mine, the rear did not spray right away.
The rear washer eventually began to spray after I kept the wiper control stalk pushed forward for about 5 to 10 seconds.
The rear now sprays normally even after a few days.
I suspect that the hose was bone dry and needed time to pump the fluid to the back side of the vehicle.
Thank you!

regfootball

I have had several other rear wiper vehicles, including 2 chrysler vans, and they all have used far less wiper fluid than the tour x

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have had several other rear wiper vehicles, including 2 chrysler vans, and they all have used far less wiper fluid than the tour x
So it is either the TourX is spraying more than the vans or there is a leak somewhere in your vehicle.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Washer fluid is cheap, no need to fret about it. Besides a leak in the hose wouldn't make it use more fluid since the washer pump runs for a designated amount of time then shuts of automatically.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Washer fluid is cheap, no need to fret about it. Besides a leak in the hose wouldn't make it use more fluid since the washer pump runs for a designated amount of time then shuts of automatically.
But the leak wouldn't drain the reservoir?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The hose is downstream of the washer pump so it would only leak when it's operating. There would have to be a leak in the reservoir to drain it.

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
1963 Riviera, 2020 TourX Essence
Curious....Has anyone experienced a "delay" in Fluid being sprayed when activating the Front windshield washer?
As if the system isn't primed and it takes a couple seconds before fluid comes out.
Thanks.

2020 TourX Essence

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Interesting.... I can activate it, wait a few minutes and activate it again with the same delay.
Hmm, I need to research this a bit more. Design intent or pressure leak in system.
Thanks for the feedback.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
I never saw people make such a big deal about washer fluid. It's inexpensive and if it sprays on the windshield and cleans it that's all that matters.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Agreed washer fluid is cheap....but scraping a dry salty windshield is not good for the windshield nor is it good for the wiper blades. Ultimately leading to poorer visibility as the damage increases.

Yes, there is an annoying delay for the spray AND and an equally annoying drip from the rear nozzle after it is used.

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Ok...the "delay" sounds like a design issue. Good to know.
Thanks for the feedback...most appreciated.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Agreed washer fluid is cheap....but scraping a dry salty windshield is not good for the windshield nor is it good for the wiper blades. Ultimately leading to poorer visibility as the damage increases.

Yes, there is an annoying delay for the spray AND and an equally annoying drip from the rear nozzle after it is used.
I do agree with you on that, but there's not much you can do about the delay as it's programmed into the electronics. My Regal doesn't have the delay, so I assume the car companies in Europe cut a deal with the windshield and wiper blade companies in exchange for a kick back.......

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX

It's not the brightest design to have the wipers wipe a dry windshield, I can't believe the Germans overlooked that. Makes visibility worse in a lot of cases. Someone several months ago said on here it could be fooled if you pull the lever slowly and the sprayers would operate before the wipers engaged, but I could never get it to work.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
It's not the brightest design to have the wipers wipe a dry windshield, I can't believe the Germans overlooked that.
In my old '96 RMS windsheild washer, it sprays instantly when when turned on. Som ting wong with the design by German Engineers if that is happening! My new 2019 Kia Optima, also sprays instantly when the washer is selected.

Turbo Buick Badge