Windshield defect...again!

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
Right out of the box my 2012 lacrosse had the defective windshield with the defects along the top edge. No problem....dealer had it replaced. Now here I am year and a half later and the new one is showing the same signs starting up all along the top edge. Anyone else seeing it?

MHT

Indiana
Right out of the box my 2012 lacrosse had the defective windshield with the defects along the top edge. No problem....dealer had it replaced. Now here I am year and a half later and the new one is showing the same signs starting up all along the top edge. Anyone else seeing it?
I think I had mine replaced before you had yours done, for the very same reason, so far defect free.

Detroit, USA
Hi Barry!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue again! I would be happy to schedule an appointment for you at your dealership if you would like to get it checked out.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
After reading your reply, I went outside without my glasses.....yup! still there and now a big blob of bird doodoo too!. :rolleyes:

insurman33

Illinois
2011 Lacrosse CXS
Just what does this defect look like and what effect does it have on the window?

MHT

Indiana
Just what does this defect look like and what effect does it have on the window?
The defect is usually on either side, top corner, shaded portion of the windshield. The defect can be on both sides of the glass. The defect looks like a leaf or snow flake and is a separation of the glass that can spread.
When I purchase my car I thought it was a design in the glass but was later told it was a defect. I hated the idea of a windshield having to be replaced on a new car and was reluctant to have it repaired but the service manager told me that not only could it spread but once they saw it they were obligated to repair it as it raised some safety concerns.
After a year I have not seen the defect in the new windshield but I have seen were a couple of other owners have said that after some time the defect has appeared in the replaced windshield.
I think this is a very rare situation that only a very few owners have experienced. I will be ordering a 2014 shortly and the windshield will be the first thing that I will be inspecting.

If you search:Major Windshield Defect, #5 on the bar, you will see the thread I started with all the post and pictures regarding this issue.

Last edited:
Detroit, USA
Hey Everyone,

insurman33 are you having trouble with your windshield?

Thanks for the picture mmadden. It was very helpful for me to see what ya'll are talking about.

Sorry about your windshield Barry! I'm guessing you got yours fixed already.

Thanks ya'll!

Kelly J.
Buick Customer Care

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Nice job, Marc. The new defect is the full length across the top edge. same color but not that big. So far about an eighty inch wide but full width of the top edge.

Turbo Buick Badge