Wiper arm and cowling issues

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Does anyone know if a new driver arm can be purchased or is it all old? Any interchangeable cars? Does a bolt on style accept or be made to accept another style? asking for a friend lol
Snapchat-106167134.jpg
also, this hood bumper.. uh... anyone know what is going on with mine?

Snapchat-626562126.jpg

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
On the wiper arm you just need a GM part# and passenger or driver's side to cross referencing it against other GM models of the same era. Some are a bolt hold down and others a wiper puller is a cleaner way to remove. Before removing the old one witnesses mark the blade on the shaft as it will save time lining it back up as reference point to use on the replacement. Dorman may carry new blades, but a used one if available would be fine.

On the bump it looks like it's being pressed over into the seal? May be to high?

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
All I’ve ever done is use a socket on those. With it being bent over like that, it may be a problem moving it down. Chances are, it was always like that before heat fatigue affected it. If it’s only aesthetic, I’d leave it. I’ve broken more parts than I care to admit because I was “improving” things.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
The wiper arm is a bolt on design. You have to remove the rubberized cap on the pivot point to expose the nut. You won't need a puller. Just up and down rocking of the arm base section will walk it off the tapered threads. It is under spring tension, so expect it to kick a little when it is removed.

All wiper arms are designed for the vehicle, and even which side of the vehicle, so you will need another arm for the same application, or from a vehicle that has the same arrangement, like another GM vehicle.

As for the hood bumper, it does look like it was up too high and the hood folds it over. It should turn by hand. Some Amor All, etc., will work on the threads to make it easier to turn.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
just keeps the hood from chattering or flexing? or appearing "popped" presented.. so its not very functional?? or... necessary?

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
The wiper arm is a bolt on design. You have to remove the rubberized cap on the pivot point to expose the nut. You won't need a puller. Just up and down rocking of the arm base section will walk it off the tapered threads. It is under spring tension, so expect it to kick a little when it is removed.

All wiper arms are designed for the vehicle, and even which side of the vehicle, so you will need another arm for the same application, or from a vehicle that has the same arrangement, like another GM vehicle.

As for the hood bumper, it does look like it was up too high and the hood folds it over. It should turn by hand. Some Amor All, etc., will work on the threads to make it easier to turn.
But does anyone know of a similar car.. is what im asking lol. It needs to kick out the arm a far way from the pivot, most gm applications i know have the arm closer to center, so the wipers usually are shorter on one to not hit it

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
The rubber hood bushing it used to set the height from side to side of the hood. It's a fine tune part to set proper gaps between panels. So if your hood sits higher on the driver side than the passenger side you turn up the passenger side. But if it sits higher and is higher than the fender, you turn down the driver side. It's made to be turned by hand and is a quick adjust item. It looks like it got caught and pulled on during some underhood work, popping it sideways, then the hood contact points pushed on it and bent it over in an arc.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the wiper arm. Replace it? Make it longer so you can put a longer wiper blade on?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's a part# on the wiper arms, note that they have a sprayer on the arm, unfortunately it doesn't say which number is for what side. Not sure if like other manufacturers who have a odd and even number for L and R system, 99 PA.
25713947 & 25713948 ARM, WSW (INCLS WSWA NOZZLES)
0009184C10-040.png

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
The rubber hood bushing it used to set the height from side to side of the hood. It's a fine tune part to set proper gaps between panels. So if your hood sits higher on the driver side than the passenger side you turn up the passenger side. But if it sits higher and is higher than the fender, you turn down the driver side. It's made to be turned by hand and is a quick adjust item. It looks like it got caught and pulled on during some underhood work, popping it sideways, then the hood contact points pushed on it and bent it over in an arc.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the wiper arm. Replace it? Make it longer so you can put a longer wiper blade on?
its twisted. the arm is shot. its never gonna be structurally good again. i bent it back for it to remove rain OK, but its fatigued. remember my arm coming loose fiasco?
yeah....

I should have circled. where i blocked my vin, you can see it twist

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
Here's a part# on the wiper arms, note that they have a sprayer on the arm, unfortunately it doesn't say which number is for what side. Not sure if like other manufacturers who have a odd and even number for L and R system, 99 PA.
25713947 & 25713948 ARM, WSW (INCLS WSWA NOZZLES)
View attachment 24944
thank you for diagram. note the unique curvature of the driver wiper arm.
thats the biggest hurdle unfortunately. But its helpful for sure, and i can use other car diagrams

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
I've still got the parts car, just saying. We can put as much parts as possible inside a priority mail flat rate box and save a ton on shipping.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!