Wiper noise

ts74

2015 Verano has loud, annoying (and distracting) “pop” noise made by windshield wipers. Blades are fairly new, less than a month old. Anyone else have this issue, or a solution?

Michael121

Buick Ownership
2015 Verano Turbo
Make sure that the replacement blades fit properly -- otherwise, the wiper blade may slap against the frame of the windshield, causing that sound. I got non-OEM blades once for my 2015 Verano (using the "compatibility guide" at the store) and they were terrible. I then went to the Buick dealer and got a new pair - cost a little more money, but they fit properly and worked much better (and more quietly). There are probably good aftermarket blades, but I did not find them.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Interesting that this wiper blade issue just posted as I just received a new pair for my Verano in the mail yesterday.

First off, I have never had much luck with aftermarket wiper blades, even the higher end brands.
So as a result, I have only used OEM blades for the last several years on all my vehicles.

FYI, VERANO GM PART#'s: 13348836 and 13348838

So I priced a set of blades at my local Buick Dealer and they wanted $25 each +sales tax..
Say what???!!! Over $50 for wiper blades!!

Checked Amazon... Same price as dealership.
Check GM Parts Direct web site... $15 each with $12 shipping. A little better, but still not great.
Checked eBay, found ... $17.23 each, with Free Shipping, from vendor "partscenterplus"

Ordered them on Friday morning and received the wipers via USPS 2 Day Priority mail on Monday.
They came from Chandler, AZ all the way to Dayton, OH.

ts74

Interesting that this wiper blade issue just posted as I just received a new pair for my Verano in the mail yesterday.

First off, I have never had much luck with aftermarket wiper blades, even the higher end brands.
So as a result, I have only used OEM blades for the last several years on all my vehicles.

FYI, VERANO GM PART#'s: 13348836 and 13348838

So I priced a set of blades at my local Buick Dealer and they wanted $25 each +sales tax..
Say what???!!! Over $50 for wiper blades!!

Checked Amazon... Same price as dealership.
Check GM Parts Direct web site... $15 each with $12 shipping. A little better, but still not great.
Checked eBay, found ... $17.23 each, with Free Shipping, from vendor "partscenterplus"

Ordered them on Friday morning and received the wipers via USPS 2 Day Priority mail on Monday.
They came from Chandler, AZ all the way to Dayton, OH.
Make sure that the replacement blades fit properly -- otherwise, the wiper blade may slap against the frame of the windshield, causing that sound. I got non-OEM blades once for my 2015 Verano (using the "compatibility guide" at the store) and they were terrible. I then went to the Buick dealer and got a new pair - cost a little more money, but they fit properly and worked much better (and more quietly). There are probably good aftermarket blades, but I did not find them.
The blades I have are aftermarket, using that same “compatibility guide” you mentioned. I may just have to get some from the dealer, hopefully that fixes the issue. They sound awful - and LOUD.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.