Wipers are noisy

sddale2001

Buick
We bought our Encore new and since day 1 the wipers were not very good. There would be big streaks like 4 inches of the wiper wasn't touching the windshield at different points. I didn't pay too much attention to it as sometimes they would work ok. Then when it got cold out the drivers side became very noisy. I ended up buying a Goodyear wiper from Costco for the drivers side only because they do not have the passenger side size. The drivers side works great and quiet but now the passenger side is noisy.

Has anyone else had problems with their wipers? What did you replace them with?

Buick should put better wipers on their vehicles. My Honda/Acura OEM wipers are very quiet and work well.

rgt50wood

2014 White Encore Premium FWD
Our wipers blades work well ( 2014 Premium ). No noise and no streaks. Unfortunately, Buick should review the algorithm for the Rain-Sense feature. The interval between wipes is way too long when the car moves at speeds below 10-20 mph

TheAirman

2013 Encore Premium
We bought our Encore new and since day 1 the wipers were not very good. There would be big streaks like 4 inches of the wiper wasn't touching the windshield at different points. I didn't pay too much attention to it as sometimes they would work ok. Then when it got cold out the drivers side became very noisy. I ended up buying a Goodyear wiper from Costco for the drivers side only because they do not have the passenger side size. The drivers side works great and quiet but now the passenger side is noisy.

Has anyone else had problems with their wipers? What did you replace them with?

Buick should put better wipers on their vehicles. My Honda/Acura OEM wipers are very quiet and work well.
I bought the Costco one too when it was on sale a couple of months ago. The problem came when I couldn't find anything near as nice in the passenger side size. I think it was 14 inch. Haven't replaced that side yet. I guess I just use a dealer replacement blade. The same goes for the rear wiper. It looks like an odd ball size too.

TheAirman

2013 Encore Premium
:D

Chuckling here ...

Oh yea, I remember using those things

It doesn't rain here much
You'll pay dearly for that.

Then we'll all pay in the form of $3.00 a piece oranges, and a $5.00 head of lettuce.

The drought is the worst in a long time. Look at Lake Mead.

donniejt

Buick
Our wipers blades work well ( 2014 Premium ). No noise and no streaks. Unfortunately, Buick should review the algorithm for the Rain-Sense feature. The interval between wipes is way too long when the car moves at speeds below 10-20 mph
Do you realize that you may control the sensitivity by adjusting the wiper control setting?

rgt50wood

2014 White Encore Premium FWD
Do you realize that you may control the sensitivity by adjusting the wiper control setting?
Donniejt... I adjusted the sensitivity of the Rain-Sense system at multiple levels. If it is set too sensitive the wipers will operate at the highest speed when travelling over 50mph in steady rain. ( this highest speeds is overkill).
If I lower the sensitivity ( and get reasonable wipes at highway speed ) then the wipes at 10-20mph are so rare that it causes visibility problems.
In either case, if the car is stopped at a red trafic light, there will be no wipes until the windshield is totally covered by rain-drops

donniejt

Buick
Donniejt... I adjusted the sensitivity of the Rain-Sense system at multiple levels. If it is set too sensitive the wipers will operate at the highest speed when travelling over 50mph in steady rain. ( this highest speeds is overkill).
If I lower the sensitivity ( and get reasonable wipes at highway speed ) then the wipes at 10-20mph are so rare that it causes visibility problems.
In either case, if the car is stopped at a red trafic light, there will be no wipes until the windshield is totally covered by rain-drops
Anyhow, my rain sense wipers work great with the sensitivity set at the mid point.

gralm

San Diego, CA
Buick Encore Base, Cocao Metallic
You'll pay dearly for that.

Then we'll all pay in the form of $3.00 a piece oranges, and a $5.00 head of lettuce.

The drought is the worst in a long time. Look at Lake Mead.
We finally got some nice rain here in CA and I was able to test my stock wipers. No noise - very quite work.

TheAirman

2013 Encore Premium
Who would ever design a car who's wipers could not be raised off the windshield to clean the ice underneath them? I'd expect that out of Chrysler, but a Korean made Buick?

I learned first hand how hard it is to clean the ice from under those blades the other day. It looks like the designers of the car could have moved either the blade or the hood just about an inch, and the wiper arm then would not contact the edge of the hood and could be raised.

The rear blade only comes up about a half inch also, making it hard to clean under.

From those goofy washer jets that have to be adjusted with a special tool no dealers have, to wiper arms that hit the paint on the hood, other than the rain sense wipers that seem to work nice, the rest of the wiper system might leave something to be desired.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!