Wipers stop in wrong places-rain sense wipers

imidazol97

Top Dog
2003 with rain-sensing wipers.

My windshield wipers started stopping and restarting in the middle of a swipe--they were in rain-sensing mode at the time. They had done this before one time and it seems like a quick stop and restart, so it's a jerk in the motion.

Then they started pausing with the wipers in the middle of the windshield. Sometimes this varied. Putting the wipers on Lo for continual mode still got jerks.

Other times the rain-sense setting just kept on going without stopping between needs to wipe. Then the wipers would keep moving even in OFF. They eventually stopped in wrong place. Then stopped in lower place almost to park when I started them again. Finally they went to the correct park all the way down.

I drove in the drizzle for 10 minutes or so and restarted them and they work fine.

Wiper motor?
Some module controlling the wipe cycles?

tjc78

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 PIII
Odd about the wipers, definately seems to be an issue with the sensor.

On an off topic note, are you the same Imid from Edmund's forums?

I've recently found this site after getting my 2012 LaCrosse, which for whatever reason GM doesn't offer rain-sense wipers on.

imidazol97

Top Dog
I'm suspicious it may be the motor that's acting up. I've found a few posts that suggest it's the problem area.

It looks like the rain-sensing motor is the same as the delay wiper motor. Does anyone know that's true?

How hard is it to disconnect the drive link from the wiper motor crank arm? The FSM shows a special tool to split the two apart and a special tool to compress the two together?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!