Wiring diagrams

neogenesis

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm going to add a powered sub woofer to my car ('14 base turbo, non-bose). Does any one have any wiring diagrams or write up of stereo removal installation so that I can have some references. I haven't been able to find any as of yet. Thanks.

joseph.layman

Ventura, CA
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal Turbo
This is the closest thing I have found to help remove the head unit, http://how-to-gps.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-install-buick-regal-radio-dvd.html
I will be installing some 6X9's in the empty spaces in the trunk so I will have to run new wires to the head unit. I will post what ever I can to help. I have also read that it's not a good idea to install an aftermarket amplifier on the stock head unit. For it to work well you have to get an aftermarket head unit. Please post what ever you find also.

neogenesis

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yeah, I know about the converters. Will likely do speaker level input for now until I decide to upgrade the rest of the speakers with a 4ch amp amp. What I'm looking for more specifically was write ups (with photos preferably) or videos of removing the dash trim pieces, stereo , center counsel, etc so that I don't have to do everything by discovery and end up with broken clips on trim pieces or lost screws and bolts. Also, if I tap into the speaker wires, I was hoping there was a diagram showing color schemes so that I know that I'm tapping the correct wires. (As we all know, stock stereos NEVER seem to use standard colors [emoji19]). Thanks for all the help guys.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
I just ordered the 2014 Regal service manual, so I'll have some wiring diagrams (schematics) in a Probably about a week.

The 2012 service manual had diagrams for the "base" and the H/K system, so I think we're good!

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
*In my best Beastie Boys voice* "DRRRRROP"! &#9818; Master Thread &#9818; <--- I'll just leave this here.

I didn't forget. It took a couple of weeks, but I got 'em. (I made sure to perfectly cut the pages this time) *wierz11 would have my ass, if I didn't*

For the people that can't read these, you should look in your trunk for the "Service Parts Identification" sticker. It will tell you exactly what SYSTEM you have.
The sticker looks like this..... (random photo)

Any questions,,,,,, I'm here. Good luck and pimps up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buick Street Team&#8482;
We Know What You Did

Last edited:

rrmike1

Buick Ownership
Buick
Would you mind scanning all volumes and putting them online for us...:icon::icon:

rrmike1

Buick Ownership
Buick
On a serious note...If you find anything relating to the pin-outs for the TPS and Tach signal, I would really appreciate you posting that info. I'm looking for the right wires to install a TPS/Window switch and I can't find a thing relating to the GS's ECM....

neogenesis

Buick Ownership
Buick
Nizer, thank you very much. Fortunately, I took a guess and assumed that the current U65 7 speaker system wiring didn't change from last year and used the previous diagram you had posted when I installed last week (I was right, thankfully). Ultimately I had to tap the wires in the mid pillars because I don't have the rear deck speakers or the amplifier in the trunk. And who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make the door sill trim piece one piece from front to back?!?! Talk about pain in the ass!! (End rant). Anyway, everything worked and my powered sub is working wonderfully and filling in the missing low end from the base factory system.

Mykal03

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
*In my best Beastie Boys voice* "DRRRRROP"! &#9818; Master Thread &#9818; <--- I'll just leave this here.

I didn't forget. It took a couple of weeks, but I got 'em. (I made sure to perfectly cut the pages this time) *wierz11 would have my ass, if I didn't*

For the people that can't read these, you should look in your trunk for the "Service Parts Identification" sticker. It will tell you exactly what SYSTEM you have.
The sticker looks like this..... (random photo)

Any questions,,,,,, I'm here. Good luck and pimps up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buick Street Team&#8482;
We Know What You Did

Any chance you have the remote wire color for the stock amp on a 2018 Lacrosse. Having troubles with finding remote turn on for a sub amp. I have it to the cigarette lighter now but amp turns on when I open a door stays on for a min.

Johnp

Buick Ownership
2013 buick regal turbo
This is the closest thing I have found to help remove the head unit, 50 Steps on How to Install in-dash Car DVD GPS player in Buick Regal
I will be installing some 6X9's in the empty spaces in the trunk so I will have to run new wires to the head unit. I will post what ever I can to help. I have also read that it's not a good idea to install an aftermarket amplifier on the stock head unit. For it to work well you have to get an aftermarket head unit. Please post what ever you find also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200723-170142_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200723-170142_Gallery.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200726-184948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200726-184948_Chrome.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200726-184956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200726-184956_Chrome.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200726-185004_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200726-185004_Chrome.jpg