Wiring harness on spare tire?

pwhited

Buick
I've searched on Google and right here for information about a wiring connector that is attached to the spare tire "cover" (for lack of a better term) and nada.. Any hint as to what it is for? The owners manual states that the pressure monitoring system is not applicable to the spare, but says nothing about the connector itself. Any help?

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Encore
Welcome Pwhited

Search: Subwoofer
and you'll find photos and other's write-ups on the Unit

:)

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

Last edited:

pwhited

Buick
Thanks for the replies, that's what I'm seeing, but according to the window sticker my Ruby has "audio system, 6-speaker". It's a base model, time to see if it's working..

EDIT: It is indeed the Bose sub, wired at the sub but inop. Someone made a boo-boo. Sure would like to have this working though. :) Thanks again..

TheAirman

2013 Encore Premium
It's also the noise cancelling system for the Bose system too.

On mine the wire was nylon tie-wrapped from the factory so short I couldn't remove the sub woofer and set it far enough to the side to get the spare tire out to check the air pressure in it (which, of course was low) without banging the sub woofer.

So I cut the factory nylon wire tie with some wire cutters and replaced it with a trash bag twist tie. The kind you might get with a box of Glad trash bags.

That way, if I have a flat, or need to check the air in the spare, I can remove the twist tie and set that SUPER EXPENSIVE sub woofer set-up safely off to the side.

Joester

2016 Encore
When we bought ours, the salesman explained it as being part of the sound cancelling system. It's supposed to counter the sound of the exhaust on the road to make the interior quieter. The only time it activates is when the vehicle is moving.
It does help occupants in the rear seat hear what's said in the front.

Outtolearn88

Encore
Your totally right 😉. Can't believe someone people in sales 🙃
Can I ask you ? Since you have both a Trax & Encore can you talk about the difference in handling & Driving every day. Wich would you recommend buying ?

Thank you for the information 👍

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
2016 Encore
Okay a Buick and a Chevrolet from start are to different animals from the get go even if they are built on the same platform. Even if I have one of each my Trax is AWD so don't know if you can compare them. My Trax is a nice little car but I paid $17,300 cash deal taxes in for it, with 28000Kms, the Encore I bought new for $35,000 cash taxes in with 9 Kms on it most of it put on when I tried it out. The Encore's interior is impeccable while the Trax is mediocre at best. The Buick rides like a Buick no noise or very little, floats over bumps and has every convenience including sun-roof. My Trax is just a low end vehicle, rides rough and noisy. But don't ask which one I like best, almost like my 2 daughters you love them both. They're like non identical twins. They almost look alike and come from the same mom but totally different.

Look at the paint for instance...

I do prefer the infotainment in my Trax over the Encore though.

What I like the most is parts are interchangeable, all powertrain and filters, wipers brakes .

Outtolearn88

Encore
Thank you so much for your input. I was thinking along the same lines as you. I own a 2017 Encore fully loaded AWD. I was thinking of getting a Trax as a second vehicle.
I hope more people will share their opinions.
Keep Safe 😉 & sharing the great information.

mshultz

2019 Encore Essence AWD
My Trax is my grocery getter and my Buick is my long range and Sunday driver. They are both 2016
Thanks for the comparison. I was tempted to ask for a test drive of a Trax, so I could compare it to the Encore, but I did not want to waste the salesman's time. As the Trax did not offer HD radio and navigation, it was not in consideration for my next vehicle.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
2016 Encore
My Trax had an el-cheapo My Link radio that was always crashing, I fixed that pretty quick. Android 9, Navigation, back-up camera you can see, forward dashcam, onboard diagnostic and a better radio to boot.

My Link trash

New radio out of the box. $500 Cdn

Navigation with auto update

WiFi to my dashcam

Rear view camera on a 9" screen

Plus it looks like it was factory

On board Torque Pro diagnostic, great tool.

Just wish I could retrofit the Buick.

Last edited:

mshultz

2019 Encore Essence AWD
I had a 2014 Toyota Tacoma where I replaced the radio with a factory used radio from eBay that had HD radio. When I figured out that the antenna included with the replacement radio was good for navigation, I then replaced that radio with a 2015 factory radio with HD and navigation from eBay. I had no interest in drilling a hole in the roof and installing and painting a shark fin.

And so when I replaced the Tacoma with an Encore, it had to include HD radio and navigation.

Turbo Buick Badge