Won't start

MisterC38

Buick Newbie
Arizona
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal (2)
2017 Regal won't start. When I open door it bongs repeatedly, engine symbol illuminates on dashboard, no other messages. Step on brake and press start button, more bongs, nothing happens. Any ideas???
Have new battery in key fob. Other key fob no different result.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The same thing happened to my Regal recently. I had a new car battery installed and it started right up.

MisterC38

Buick Newbie
Arizona
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal (2)
Seems strange to need a new battery in 18 months. There was no indication about "low battery". And when I try to start it, there is simply nothing, even no feeble attempt at turning over. But then, the interior light does not come on when I open the door, so maybe it's the battery. My wife's 2017 Regal is 27 months old and still on its original battery, so if mine is dead in 18 months, I'm not a happy Buick owner!!

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
It's definitely the battery if the interior lights don't come on. The battery should be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Jump start your car and take it to the nearest GM dealer for a free replacement.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.