• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Won't start

MisterC38

Buick Newbie
Arizona
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal (2)
2017 Regal won't start. When I open door it bongs repeatedly, engine symbol illuminates on dashboard, no other messages. Step on brake and press start button, more bongs, nothing happens. Any ideas???
Have new battery in key fob. Other key fob no different result.

MisterC38

Buick Newbie
Arizona
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal (2)
Seems strange to need a new battery in 18 months. There was no indication about "low battery". And when I try to start it, there is simply nothing, even no feeble attempt at turning over. But then, the interior light does not come on when I open the door, so maybe it's the battery. My wife's 2017 Regal is 27 months old and still on its original battery, so if mine is dead in 18 months, I'm not a happy Buick owner!!

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
It's definitely the battery if the interior lights don't come on. The battery should be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Jump start your car and take it to the nearest GM dealer for a free replacement.

RAlsobrook

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal
What if the interior lights do come on, and the displays light up? But it won't even turn over unless remote is in the pocket under cupholder. And even then, it takes several tries. I replaced the battery in the remote, hoping that was the problem. It was not.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Have the car battery tested at a shop, if it isn't putting out full power your car will do that.

Thegoat

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Terrible if it’s the battery with it not being very old

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The battery should be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty since his car is only 2 years old.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
You never know if the car sat in the dealer showroom floor and battery got discharged several times from people playing in the car. That would explain why the battery only lasted less than 2 years.

I'm not sure if the battery is covered under bumper to bumper because a battery is a consumable like tires, brakes and fluids.

Only option is to call your dealer... If they won't cover it under warranty, then you can always change the battery yourself. It's much cheaper to buy/order your own battery than what the dealer would charge you.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The battery is warrantied as you can see below and it's really not any cheaper to buy one somewhere else. I had mine installed by the dealer and they gave me $20 off plus a $10 debit card so it ended up being the same price as a battery at the auto parts store. Plus they cleared the anti-theft warning that was illuminated along with a couple other warning lights.

The battery that comes with a GM vehicle or is replaced under warranty is covered by the limited warranty of three years or 36,000 miles (48 months/4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, for Cadillac and Buick) and should be taken back to the GM dealership.

Pedal Commander