Wood Grain Melted & Disappearing

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
My 2018 Avenir has a large melted area on the wood grain trim in front if the cup holder and the wood grain has disappeared on the sides of the radio controls (it's plain black now, like it's washed or faded away).
I took it to the dealer about the melted area and was told I must have spilled something hot on it, which I didn't, therefore it's not covered under warranty and it's a $500 part. I have 21,000 miles on it. I didn't notice the other issue until I got home and my daughter pointed it out.
Is this something others have experienced or is it just me?

Attachments

Buick#4

Enclave Avenir
If yours is not the only one, and GM is aware of this problem they will probably arrange for the dealer to replace the trim. If you are the only one, and the dealer refuses to help then you may be out of luck. I have not seen any other reports of this, and a web search brought up nothing. As a last resort you might be able to find the trim in a scrapyard.

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
If yours is not the only one, and GM is aware of this problem they will probably arrange for the dealer to replace the trim. If you are the only one, and the dealer refuses to help then you may be out of luck. I have not seen any other reports of this, and a web search brought up nothing. As a last resort you might be able to find the trim in a scrapyard.
Thank you

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
So I called parts at the dealer. He says the piece that goes around the gear shift in front of the cup holders is part# 84438469, $499.29
And the right side of the radio where the wood grain is turned to black is part # 84345971, $153.52 just for the right side

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
The first part you can buy for$270 and the second for $79. Gmpartsdirect.com
Yes, I looked it up, thank you.I'm just not sure if it's actually the right part. I don't need the back section where the usb ports and wireless phone charger are and the picture looks like it includes everything but maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

jeepgrady

Contributing Member
Lehighton, Pa.
2018 Enclave Avenir
Are you aware that the woodgrain starts on the passenger side and gradually fades to black to the right of the radio? While it remains black on the right side of the start/stop, the small piece to the left reverts to the woodgrain.
It looks like the lettering on your start/stop button has worn off. Is it possible that there is some sort of residue on your hands that has degraded the finish? Also, on the woodgrain near your gearshift, it would appear that something may have spilled. It also, appears that that entire area is a bit scuffed and dirty.

Last edited:

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
Are you aware that the woodgrain starts on the passenger side and gradually fades to black to the right of the radio? While it remains black on the right side of the start/stop, the small piece to the left reverts to the woodgrain.
It looks like the lettering on your start/stop button has worn off. Is it possible that there is some sort of residue on your hands that has degraded the finish? Also, on the woodgrain near your gearshift, it would appear that something may have spilled. It also, appears that that entire area is a bit scuffed and dirty.
It's not dirty. None of what you see in the photo comes off. That is part of my complaint. I have not spilled anything.

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
I
Nobody else drives the vehicle, only you?
Did you buy this vehicle new or used?
I'm the only one who drives it. I bought it used last year from the same dealer I took it to.
Customer service called me back and said they can only go by the dealers determination.

DVavenir

2018 Enclave Avenir
Photos can come out wrong. My button is fine, nothing is scuffed up

Attachments

Turbo Buick Badge