Work in progress Carbon Fiber interior

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
Does anyone else besides me not like the piano black interior trim?

its cheap gets dirty and fingerprints way to easy so just like everything else i do ive done some research about doing a carbon fiber inteior and let me start off first by saying getting genuine precision cut carbon fiber is a FORTUNE so i looked into redoing my OEM piano black finishes and have reached out to a few companies but found one in the UK i really like

ill be getting this done soon once its shipped out and work is done and shipped back to me ill post some pics up .. in the meantime ill post some pictures of what will be getting done

these pictures are in no particular order.. ill be doing the same interior as the audi quattro full trim.. and i highlighted what i will be replacing .. but its just a idea to show u what ill be getting done

Last edited:

viOlaziOne

Does anyone else besides me not like the piano black interior trim?

its cheap gets dirty and fingerprints way to easy so just like everything else i do ive done some research about doing a carbon fiber inteior and let me start off first by saying getting genuine precision cut carbon fiber is a FORTUNE so i looked into redoing my OEM piano black finishes and have reached out to a few companies but found one in the UK i really like

ill be getting this done soon once its shipped out and work is done and shipped back to me ill post some pics up .. in the meantime ill post some pictures of what will be getting done

these pictures are in no particular order.. ill be doing the same interior as the audi quattro full trim.. and i highlighted what i will be replacing .. but its just a idea to show u what ill be getting done
you have to ship your stock parts out ?? is there a website with information and pricing on this ?? I CAN'T STAND the stock black parts because I'm too OCD about smudges .. just wondering if there isn't a place locally that would be a LOT cheaper than an overseas company .. all they would have to do is vinyl wrap in carbon fiber or even vinyl wrap in a different black with a material that won't show up smudges as much .. is this companies process different than just overlaying onto your existing parts ??

viOlaziOne

by the way .. is that your GS in the first picture ?? if so .. HOW SHORT AND SKINNY ARE YOU ?? lol that seat is hella pushed forward LOL I'm a big boy and wouldn't be able to fit in that car if I tried haha

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
by the way .. is that your GS in the first picture ?? if so .. HOW SHORT AND SKINNY ARE YOU ?? lol that seat is hella pushed forward LOL I'm a big boy and wouldn't be able to fit in that car if I tried haha
That seat is pretty close. I'm 5'9" and my seat is further back lmao

Oh god I've been waiting for someone to post something like this. I think a CF interior on all the piano black would look damn good!

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
you have to ship your stock parts out ?? is there a website with information and pricing on this ?? I CAN'T STAND the stock black parts because I'm too OCD about smudges .. just wondering if there isn't a place locally that would be a LOT cheaper than an overseas company .. all they would have to do is vinyl wrap in carbon fiber or even vinyl wrap in a different black with a material that won't show up smudges as much .. is this companies process different than just overlaying onto your existing parts ??
yes you ship out your parts my issue is im not really positive how everything is connected to the car itself whether its clips or glue or something.. i do know a couple of the pieces are just clipped BUT you have to pull it out even because i have a very small crack on mine it was to bent when i pulled but nothing bad at all

as for finding a company in the US that does this.. honestly i came across this company when looking for opel/vauxhall Insignias with carbon fiber interiors seeing how they look i havent looked much in the states although id much rather do it local because i have to pay for shipping to and from the UK.. if you want do some research and please let me know because i will instantly do it local

I dont think they vinyl wrap it .. atleast my impression off there site wasnt that .. ill inbox you there site because im the type of person where i like my findings and secrets confidential lol

Pricing was originally 290 PLUS shipping both ways.. but we came to agreement on 260 for everything plus shipping
i still have not shipped my parts out because ive only touched base with the company and said ill get the money together and contact them when im ready

lmao no thats not my car when i was emailing all the companies about the CF interior i needed a interior picture showing them what i wanted done along with my generic message i sent to everyone

That seat is pretty close. I'm 5'9" and my seat is further back lmao

Oh god I've been waiting for someone to post something like this. I think a CF interior on all the piano black would look damn good!
im 5'10 and 210lb id never make it in that seat lol

i think itd look great especially since the piano black wraps from the door to under the windshield and wraps around to the other door

now since we have some more attention on this MAYBE someone can help find a place located in the US ?

VehicleCityGS

Buick Ownership
Buick
What they will do is a process called "hydro coating". And there are many sources in the US to have this done.

I think the carbon would look really good, not my taste (used to be in the sport compact world and just tired of c/f) but will deffinatly change the look to more sporty.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
yeah im learning that now .. my issue was when i first looked up Insignias and CF i found the site in the UK.. once i found them i just stopped looking

Is Hydro dipping more durable and vinyl wrapping? i have no idea im curious to know , i gotta find a couple shops get some quotes

viOlaziOne

yeah im learning that now .. my issue was when i first looked up Insignias and CF i found the site in the UK.. once i found them i just stopped looking

Is Hydro dipping more durable and vinyl wrapping? i have no idea im curious to know , i gotta find a couple shops get some quotes
I'd personally go with vinyl wrapping .. shouldn't be a ton of money to do and you could for sure find a local spot to do it :D

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS

Hydro dipping is very reliable, place down the street that does it on motor parts/covers..... You can find it hella closer

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
A VERY quick search led me to Carbon Fiber Element, they seems to specialize in automotive parts, and I see they've done number interior parts (including steering wheels).

And wow I'm 5'9 and 160lbs, competitive swimming keeps me lean as hell.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
I found a place just north of me in Sheboygan, WI that specializes in hydro dipping, I may give them a call this week to see what this would cost. Website looks like it was made in the late 90's/early 00's, but we shall see... WI Hydrographics

bennyblaze

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I like the piano black pieces, but do not care for the finger prints and smudges....I'm constantly cleaning the interior! But OMFG carbon fiber is the way to go! This interior project looks sweet!!! I love Carbon Fiber so much, I have a pair of "CF" sneakers (Carbon Jordan 6 Rings) :D

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
Im gonna email a few places in a little bit , finishing up my grand theft auto gaming lol

ill post the update when i find something

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
i believe there was a post on here a few months ago that a guy wrapped all that in carbon look vinyl by himself and came out wicked.
see if you can find it and post it in here

ive emailed a few companies and found a few praised people thru bmw forums and just some research im hoping i get a good quote ..

2012gsguy

USA
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS manual, roof, 19's in White Diamond
not a fan at all...really looks fake vs a real cf interior ala my S4 or a BMW interior. Sorry but the REAL interior looks better than FAKE

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
not a fan at all...really looks fake vs a real cf interior ala my S4 or a BMW interior. Sorry but the REAL interior looks better than FAKE
To each his own, mate. But is the average joe going to pick up what is real and what isn't? No, and I'll be honest, unless I am looking at it real close, I couldn't tell. Still looks good for being "fake."

Another option is a DIY with carbon fiber fabric. I found a post on the e90 forums:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201689

I may try this out, the outcome looks great.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.