Would Like To Get An Insight Of TPW To Delivery Time

Thread starter #1
Hello owners,

It would be brilliant if you could tell me your waiting time from TPW to actual delivery for your Regal. I had a TPW of 9th of April 2018 and yet it is still "in Belgium" according to GM's online chat.

Thanks!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
May not be typical but I put in an order for a 2018 Sport Back in November and it did not show up till late February. Once the dealer found out the ludicrous lease rate I bought a leftover 2017. Did the dealer get a VIN number?

Thread starter #3
May not be typical but I put in an order for a 2018 Sport Back in November and it did not show up till late February. Once the dealer found out the ludicrous lease rate I bought a leftover 2017. Did the dealer get a VIN number?
I have a partial VIN that only contains the last 8 digits but I was able to work out the full VIN. I am only waiting on shipping as the car is already out of the factory and according to GM it is still "not departured" which is quite annoying considering how long it had been finished.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
I dunno how many cars GM ships to the USA from Germany these days, but I'm guessing it's not many, so you are (your car is) probably stuck Over There until they have a boatload ready to go...

Thread starter #5
I dunno how many cars GM ships to the USA from Germany these days, but I'm guessing it's not many, so you are (your car is) probably stuck Over There until they have a boatload ready to go...
I am in Canada and the car is completely non-existant in my experience :( But I believe there are a fair number of cars in the States. They can always pair the cars with other cars from Germany because the longer the wait, the less people there will be to buy it.

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, but my GS has been sitting in the GA port for a month and a half. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Although I did raise enough stink at the dealer that they're going to try to get one of the haulers that pick up used cars from auctions.

Thread starter #12
Yes, but my GS has been sitting in the GA port for a month and a half. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Although I did raise enough stink at the dealer that they're going to try to get one of the haulers that pick up used cars from auctions.
I've read about your experience in the other subject, and I'd say what you are going through is simply infuriating. I am really sorry to hear your experience and I think it is now a fact that GM is one of the companies that give zero care to its customers who spent tens of thousands of dollars.

Luckily the Canadian law allows me to bail out of such thing. At the back of my sales agreement, I am given the right to cancel the contract and take back whatever I've spent into the car if the car is not delivered in 90 days, which I believe is shorter than your waiting time. I wish the U.S. has the same law. But I hope you get the car soon since you must like it a lot.

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm running on my fond memories of the '70's Opels that buick sold here, I managed to get the last of the German Opels (a 1900, iirc) before Buick moved the Opel name to an asian automaker.

Thread starter #14
I'm running on my fond memories of the '70's Opels that buick sold here, I managed to get the last of the German Opels (a 1900, iirc) before Buick moved the Opel name to an asian automaker.
My dealer had two new Regal Sportbacks delivered recently and they had TPW of December 2017. I am now VERY skeptical of my car. I wonder why GM screws up its logistics so bad even in NA. Buick is not the only GM brand anyways, they can always be grouped together with Caddies that go to the same dealer anyway.

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I've had my 2018 Regal since March ( 8 weeks ago ). Dealer had it. I test drove it and bought it. Was wondering when local dealers would have them but doing a search through buick.ca told me where all of them where and which trims and how much the dealers were asking.

I'm in London Ontario Canada and had to go to St. Marys ( 40 minutes away) for this Regal. GS trim still has no ETA but too much for little gain in my opinion.

I've had HPTuners since 2007. Once I'm done tuning and installing a better turbo the GS model will be far behind.

Thread starter #16
I've had my 2018 Regal since March ( 8 weeks ago ). Dealer had it. I test drove it and bought it. Was wondering when local dealers would have them but doing a search through buick.ca told me where all of them where and which trims and how much the dealers were asking.

I'm in London Ontario Canada and had to go to St. Marys ( 40 minutes away) for this Regal. GS trim still has no ETA but too much for little gain in my opinion.

I've had HPTuners since 2007. Once I'm done tuning and installing a better turbo the GS model will be far behind.
Personally I'm not in the mood of tuning a car that is not oriented for pure performance. I'm sure the LGX3.6 is capable of a bit more but I doubt about the overhead of this 9T60 transmission.

Currently there is one GS available in the entire Canada I think.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.