• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Would you do it again?

RavenRandt

Buick Ownership
None yet
What options or packages do you find you don’t need or never use.

My current car has a panoramic sunroof that I never use. This is an option I am certain I won’t get on my next vehicle.

Driver confidence?
Sight and sounds?

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
I would've get LEDs....Everything else I needed is covered by S&S.
P.S. Well, probably one of the DCs would've save me from the stupid accident earlier this year.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
I've had a sunroof in my past few cars and I don't open it often but I love the light it lets in. Cruise and phone connectivity are big use items as well as heated seats (great back therapy on a long drive)
I've test driven a few cars with lane keeping and other alerts and I find them quite annoying so Driver Confidence 2 is not a want for me.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I like everything I've got but mine is a TourX Preferred II with Sights and Sounds and Driver Confidence 1. I do wish that Driver Confidence 2 had been offered on the Preferred models but that really is just so I could have had 4 way lumbar - oh and I wish the Preferred models had the 40/20/20 rear seats that Essence models got.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Wish I would have ordered the adj. suspension handling towing and off road packsge.

Attachments

• 20201011_133648.jpg
    20201011_133648.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 20

MaKeN

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick regal tour x
i have a bose system in it ... donno how much better it is over the stock one ... and its expensive ... in rest even weather proof floor mats ( what i was thinking to ad or not ) i dont regret that i have ... love all of it
wish there was ac seats and head up display and a 360 camera

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
15K miles in on my 2018 TourX and I would absolutely do it again.

Paid $29K for a brand new AWD turbo wagon Essence trim + D1 & D2, no S&S no sunroof, exactly as I would have ordered but was available on the lot with 53 miles on it. Bonus add in the longer warranty for the 18 model year (was it 19 too?) I'm in MN so the heated wheel & seats + the remote start are appreciated daily. AWD is confidence inspiring in winter especially with good snow tires mounted. On long road trips it was/is exemplary.

the only feature I don't ever use is the LKA, I just keep it turned off.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
15K miles in on my 2018 TourX and I would absolutely do it again.

Paid $29K for a brand new AWD turbo wagon Essence trim + D1 & D2, no S&S no sunroof, exactly as I would have ordered but was available on the lot with 53 miles on it. Bonus add in the longer warranty for the 18 model year (was it 19 too?) I'm in MN so the heated wheel & seats + the remote start are appreciated daily. AWD is confidence inspiring in winter especially with good snow tires mounted. On long road trips it was/is exemplary.

the only feature I don't ever use is the LKA, I just keep it turned off.
18 and 19 have the same warranty. 18 got two free service visits (oil change/tire rotation) while the 19 got ONE free service visit and lost the B-U-I-C-K off the tailgate.

The 20 edition got the reduced warranty same as a Chevy. Again GM give me one good reason I ought to stick with Buick?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Got a loaded Essence with DC1, DC2, S&S along with the huge moonroof and loving it every time I get to driver her around. (Thanks to the pandemic)
I would absolutely do it again but probably with a different colour.

Kappy

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
18 Preferred with S & S. Wish I had the back up warning. Love the car but wouldn't buy again. Being a 3 year only model from Opel, and hearing in this forum about the long wait for parts if needed, makes me wish I had purchased something else. I usually keep a car 7 to 10 years. Next time I think I'll lease. No worries then. BTW, going in next week because of rear axle leak. Sure glad it is still under warranty.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I have a loaded GS, but I got it off the lot so didn't have any say on options. Given the choice I wouldn't have paid for a sunroof or premium paint (white tintcoat). But since I was able to negotiate about $13k off the sticker, I figure it worked out okay.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
My TourX Essence is loaded with all the factory options possible (what few there really were). I'd buy it equipped the same way. I use everything the car has but the lane keep assist which I find annoying. I haven't tested the collision avoidance system, hope I never do. GS folks are lucky, I wish my TouX had a HUD, ventilated seats and front park assist (better yet 360 camera). I use the factory Nav and so far I think it is decent, but built in navigation in all cars will eventually go away in favor of phone integration.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
To reassure you there is not a problem with parts My GS was hit shortly after I got it (July) and had 9000.00 in damage. The longest time for a part to arrive at the body shop was 4 days.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Even though it's not the 400 hp, 400 lb/ft torque TourGNX like I wanted, yeah, I'd buy it again.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
I think the parts availability issue gets more concern than it merits. Most of the reports of such problems, at least among the ones I'm aware of, occurred during or soon after the UAW strike against GM.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
My TourX Essence is loaded with all the factory options possible (what few there really were). I'd buy it equipped the same way. I use everything the car has but the lane keep assist which I find annoying. I haven't tested the collision avoidance system, hope I never do. GS folks are lucky, I wish my TouX had a HUD, ventilated seats and front park assist (better yet 360 camera). I use the factory Nav and so far I think it is decent, but built in navigation in all cars will eventually go away in favor of phone integration.
I have to say phone integration for Nav will have to drastically improve. With built-in car nav being satellite based and phone being cell-signal based, the phone nav falls on its face in many circumstances. The last two road trips we've taken into the Appalachian mountain areas the phone nav has been totally useless. I'll opt for built in nav every time.

Rueme

Buick Newbie
Wisconsin
Buick Ownership
Buick 2018 TourX
15K on a 2018 TourX Essence I bought in late 19, I would def do it again! Only option not on it is DC2, and I don't really miss it!
Adaptive cruise is nice,most people don't like lane keep assist, its annoying in most cars I've driven! All in a nice wagon at a great price!

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I have to say phone integration for Nav will have to drastically improve. With built-in car nav being satellite based and phone being cell-signal based, the phone nav falls on its face in many circumstances. The last two road trips we've taken into the Appalachian mountain areas the phone nav has been totally useless. I'll opt for built in nav every time.
Get an app where you download the maps and it should fix that problem, it will work with out cell service. Tom Tom app is pretty good.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!