Wouldn't you really rather gave a Buick?

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Yep I'd really rather have a Buick. Though to be fair, outside of a few issues covered under warranty that any make could face, most of their V90 issues seem to be self-inflicted. Doesn't change my mind about not getting one, though. Maintenance seems to be pretty damn expensive on Volvos. If I want expensive maintenance, I'll buy a Cayman and make it worth it! Ha.

I did shop V60 and 90, they were vaporware in my area and still seem to be. I have yet to see any other than the used '18 V90 on the local Volvo lot a few months ago. Having watched several youtube reviews of the Vs late last year, I greatly admire their design and all their seating options seem to be best in class. They are indeed beautiful rides.

I didn't bother to order one because for me, it was just a no-brainer to get the TourX. Maybe not quite as plush as the Volvos, but plush enough for this cat! I'd rather have great looks, utility and long-term affordability than two out of three.

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo
My wife's 2013 Verano has cream leather seats and 103K miles and look hardly worn. My 2011 Regal has 89K and same. And we do not condition the leather (though probably should). I have to say it has held up extremely in both vehicles. I have friends with higher end cars whose leather cracked and looked puckered and worn at similar ages/mileage.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
I did shop V60 and 90, they were vaporware in my area and still seem to be. I have yet to see any other than the used '18 V90 on the local Volvo lot a few months ago. Having watched several youtube reviews of the Vs late last year, I greatly admire their design and all their seating options seem to be best in class. They are indeed beautiful rides.
The regular V90 and V60 are Special order only in the US ... Only the Cross Country variants are on dealer lots and "somewhat" stocked.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
The regular V90 and V60 are Special order only in the US ... Only the Cross Country variants are on dealer lots and "somewhat" stocked.
Thanks I was aware...even the CC are "nonewhat" stocked where I live! :ROFLMAO:

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I’m currently sitting in my wife’s Audi and what they advertise as leather is hardly that...leatherette would be a better term. My ‘13 GS has beautiful soft leather that still has a nice scent to it. The ‘12 and ‘13 GS models did not spare anything. Cuts began with the ‘14 refresh.

Bingerking

South Jersey
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal TourX
Had the dealer install heat in driver and passenger seat of my preferred trim. Probably cost around 400 ... I wasn't particularly impressed with leather in the essence... Not too crazy about the textile in the preferred either. In the past my MBZ wagon w/mbtex had sheepskin seatcovers... I miss them and am considering getting the Tourx hooked up with sheepskins.....

I have cloth in my ten year old golf (came with factory heated seats). ... And the seats in the golf have held up pretty well. That car lives outside, never garage kept. Vacuum every few months and shampoo every few years. Not really worried about it wearing out, and when it does.... Sheepskin time ....

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Very interesting. I'd read that Ford was bringing a wagon stateside but didn't figure on an Outback-esque competitor. Looks just a few inches higher than TourX and yeah not as stilt-y as an Outback. I say nice job to them, I hope it sells well.