WTB Cover tab, Interior door handle trim plate

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
I've been missing this cover tab since I've owned my Riv, and it is really bugging me. If by chance someone has this part, let me know. It is a cover tab that covers the single screw that holds the interior door handle bezel in.

BillM

Buick Ownership
Buick
I've been missing this cover tab since I've owned my Riv, and it is really bugging me. If by chance someone has this part, let me know. It is a cover tab that covers the single screw that holds the interior door handle bezel in.

This is REALLY WEIRD. My 98 Riviera is missing the same cover! Even the
same (right) side, and it looks like the same color.

You can buy it from Buick. Comes out of the discontinued parts warehouse
in Tennessee.

Haven't bought one for mine yet--the itty bitty plastic cover
costs EIGHTEEN DOLLARS plus $3 for shipping. :blink:

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
This is REALLY WEIRD. My 98 Riviera is missing the same cover! Even the
same (right) side, and it looks like the same color.

You can buy it from Buick. Comes out of the discontinued parts warehouse
in Tennessee.

Haven't bought one for mine yet--the itty bitty plastic cover
costs EIGHTEEN DOLLARS plus $3 for shipping. :blink:

Bill,
Are they online? Do you have a part number? Contact information? I have a few threads on the other Buick boards I belong to. If that does not pan out, I might consider buying it from your source.

BillM

Buick Ownership
Buick
Bill,
Are they online? Do you have a part number? Contact information? I have a few threads on the other Buick boards I belong to. If that does not pan out, I might consider buying it from your source.

I went to the local buick dealer, he made a phone call, said it was available and quoted the price. Would not give me the part number.

Since then I have purchased a 98 Riviera master parts catalog micro-fiche set on ebay, but haven't had time to replace the plug and blow the dust
off of my fiche reader.

I will try to get that done today, and then I can provide the part number.

It sounds like GM has a warehouse in Tennessee that they send the remaining stock of discontinued parts to. I've tried to locate it online,
but have not been able to.

If you find some, get two---I'll be glad to pay a fair price for one!!!:)

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
I went to the local buick dealer, he made a phone call, said it was available and quoted the price. Would not give me the part number.

Since then I have purchased a 98 Riviera master parts catalog micro-fiche set on ebay, but haven't had time to replace the plug and blow the dust
off of my fiche reader.

I will try to get that done today, and then I can provide the part number.

It sounds like GM has a warehouse in Tennessee that they send the remaining stock of discontinued parts to. I've tried to locate it online,
but have not been able to.

If you find some, get two---I'll be glad to pay a fair price for one!!!:)

I hadn't tried a Buick dealer. GM Parts direct said it was discontinued, and I stopped there. I'll see what I can come up with.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
Bill,
Came up with GM part # 16672749 for Gray color, and #16672750 for "Neutral" color. Available from www.vpartsinc.com They are 12.06 each, and 7.50 shipping. Still looking but if I can't find it, I'll probably order it.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!