Xm satellite radio reception problems

JuliaMc

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have been increasingly frustrated when trying to listen to my xm radio in 2016 Enclave, it drops signal SO many times during a drive I have to just turn it off after a few minutes. The dealer is telling me that the problem is outside interference not the radio but I have friends and family in my area that don't have this problem with their vehicles, which are not GM vehicles. Please let me know if you are having same problem.

Detroit, USA
Hello JuliaMc,

I can completely understand how frustrating this XM radio concern must be for you, especially so new into your vehicle ownership. We’d be more than happy to look into this situation, please send us your VIN, contact information and name of dealer at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Anthony J.
Buick Customer Care

rfruth

Houston, Tx
Buick Ownership
one-day
My 2014 Ford Focus XM radio leaves a lot to be desired, it loses signal whenever I go under a overpass or when in a parking garage, my garage @ home etc, don't think there anything wrong with it, like GPS satellite radio systems require a clear line of sight bla bla bla (a few times a year they re activate mine for few weeks 4 free all other times no thanks)

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
Something is wrong with the antenna, I had a 2014 Enclave and now a 2017 and neither drop the signal unless in a garage or tunnel.

ta55

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2011 Lacrosse and my wife has a 2015 Enclave. My Lacrosse has no issues with XM reception while driving the same route as my wife back and forth to work. My wife's 2015 Enclave drops reception 5 or 6 times per trip. My wife is considering dropping the XM Radio and trading off the buick since she really likes XM. I will go down the path of arguing with the dealer but this one seems obvious to me.

billnet2

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Enclave -2016
Agree completely. My 2008 enclave reception was excellent - the 2016 drops coverage often. My 2008 Chevrolet also works just fine....

childsda

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello JuliaMc,

I can completely understand how frustrating this XM radio concern must be for you, especially so new into your vehicle ownership. We’d be more than happy to look into this situation, please send us your VIN, contact information and name of dealer at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Anthony J.
Buick Customer Care
====================================================================================================================

I am experiencing the same satellite radio signal loss problem as JuliaMc, but my dealer won't do anything about it. They say it is normal, according to a Buick technical bulletin.
VIN: 5GAKRCKD8EJ181979 Dealer: Covert Buick GMC Austin (512) 371-6069
Contact Info: Merrick Leler merrickleler@gmail.com (512) 914-3274

Detroit, USA
====================================================================================================================

I am experiencing the same satellite radio signal loss problem as JuliaMc, but my dealer won't do anything about it. They say it is normal, according to a Buick technical bulletin.
VIN: 5GAKRCKD8EJ181979 Dealer: Covert Buick GMC Austin (512) 371-6069
Contact Info: Merrick Leler merrickleler@gmail.com (512) 914-3274

Hello chidsda,

We’re truly sorry to hear of your Enclave’s radio concern. This is certainly not the experience that we want our customers to have. Although we cannot guarantee a specific outcome, we would be more than happy to reach out to your dealership to gather additional information. To proceed, we would just need your vehicle’s current mileage. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best,

Jerel J.
Buick Customer Care

lowellcds

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I also have a 2016 Enclave and experience XmRadio signal loss 4 to 10 time on my 8 mile drive.
I do not have any problems on the same drive with 2014 Terrain.
After 3 trips to the dealer and XM radio module replacement, the problem persists.

The GMC Service Advisor blames Sirius and says there is nothing that they can do.

Has anyone had this experience and been able to resolve their XM Radio problems?

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
I had a 2011 &2014 Enclave with no issues with XM Radio reception and my 2017 Enclave is the same I travel across country with no issues. It has to be the antenna or cable.

DAL54

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi all. Have 2011 Enclave. Car had been idle for almost 2 weeks while away. Last week Left for a 2 hr trip. Sirius radio playing normally. Ten mins later, reception dropped. Stayed dropped for rest of trip. Called Sirius radio---2 tries with a refresh signal. Each time, radio played for about 10 seconds then died. Next morning radio came on, played for about 10 mins then died again. Been like this every day now. Sirius thinks it's an antennae issue. Any thoughts---Antennae ? Radio itself ?

kaug23

Buick Newbie
Orlando
Buick Ownership
Buick Enclave, LaCrosse
2016 Enclave here. During the free two week trial that we just had, my signal was fine for the first week and then started dropping worse by the day. By Monday, it was losing the signal ten to fifteen times in one song. I went back to using my Bluetooth for my music. Sorry XM, no joy.

jergraphx

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have been increasingly frustrated when trying to listen to my xm radio in 2016 Enclave, it drops signal SO many times during a drive I have to just turn it off after a few minutes. The dealer is telling me that the problem is outside interference not the radio but I have friends and family in my area that don't have this problem with their vehicles, which are not GM vehicles. Please let me know if you are having same problem.
I had the same issue. Here is how I fixed it.

http://jergraphx.wixsite.com/xm-fix

After extensive research and an expensive OEM antenna replacement, I found out that the OEM antenna runs 3 devices. On Star, am/FM radio and the xm module.

I came up with the fix above and has worked flawlessly. No more dropped signal!!!

Hope this helps.

Susan Kabella

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
We are leasing are 2015 Enclave. The XM radio goes out all the time. We have been to the dealership they're telling us there's nothing they can do about it. Do the new radios do the same thing? Now the radio won't even let us put our phones in. Really getting tired of this, really like this car but I'm not sure I ever want another Buick if this is the way it's going to be. My neighbor has an Acura RDX he has his never cut out one time. Is it only GM

Last edited:

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
There is something wrong with your antenna or cable, I have owned 2011,2014 and my now 2017 Enclaves with no problems with XM reception.

Jmw12671

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi all. Have 2011 Enclave. Car had been idle for almost 2 weeks while away. Last week Left for a 2 hr trip. Sirius radio playing normally. Ten mins later, reception dropped. Stayed dropped for rest of trip. Called Sirius radio---2 tries with a refresh signal. Each time, radio played for about 10 seconds then died. Next morning radio came on, played for about 10 mins then died again. Been like this every day now. Sirius thinks it's an antennae issue. Any thoughts---Antennae ? Radio itself ?
Any solve to this problem ? I have a 2017 envision and my xm says no signal, signal maybe blocked. And says this on a 2 hour trip on the open highway the whole time. For 3 weeks now. Xm has re sent signal 4 times and nothing ....

DAL54

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
No, not yet. Contacted an automotive audio installer/repair shop. Said the unit has to be not working in order to test the system. Problem is every time I start out to the shop, the signal is working. Ugggggh !!! Have appt with Buick dealer in a week. We’ll see how that works out. $$$

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Whenever I drive by downtown I loose the signal for a few seconds here and there. I assume those tall buildings are shielding me from the evil radio signal.

TPPAC

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Have 2008 enclave, worked fine for years, now loses signal when in close proximty to cell towers. So far have lived with it.

Matt Levy

Buick Ownership
2017 Cascada
We have the same issue with our 17 Cascada. Have had it 6 months and the XM went. Brought it to the local dealer and they ordered a replacement antenna. The replacement didn't work so they offered another antenna that sticks up off the fin, like a wand. All black on a blue car. My wife is very upset with how it looks, doesn't want it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.