• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

XM Weather not working?

Turbogirl

Buick Ownership
Buick
2011 To7. xm weather not working and keeps saying: updating, may take a few minutes - but it never updates and now I cant see my weather and I think the traffic is not updating either?? Should I call onstar or xm??

Last edited:

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick
Call XM, OnStar won't be able to help you with a product that isn't theirs.
Are your music channels still working?

Turbogirl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Call XM, OnStar won't be able to help you with a product that isn't theirs.
Are your music channels still working?
Yes all music is working ok. I am assuming I am not getting traffic updates either because of the weather. I really miss my traffic updates.

SellersAutoSport

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
Buick
Call XM We see this all the time when vehicles are delivered off and the XM doesnt recognize the vehicle trial with Weather/Traffic for some reason.

reagent6

Buick Newbie
Boston
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
TG, we only get a 3 month starter subscription to XM (six months for onstar) Your first post was in September so that may have expired. If so, did you renew with an XM plan that does not include traffic?

Personally, I find XM traffic rather useless, as major highways are not covered either in my home area or while traveling. I like the music channels but when I let the traffic lapse the weather went away as well.

While I am on the topic (or close) how many on this forum have renewed onstar, for which plan, and why or why not?

Turbogirl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yea the renewer of the xm subscription (not me) did not include the weather package when renewed. Only music Nice of him to tell me now. Sorry & thank you to all that tried to help.

PJL

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yea the renewer of the xm subscription (not me) did not include the weather package when renewed. Only music Nice of him to tell me now. Sorry & thank you to all that tried to help.
A regular XM music subscription SHOULD provide you with the screens that provide current weather and the five-day forecast that are on the Regal unit. There is an enhanced weather package that is not supported by the XM radio in GM cars. See http://www.xmwxweather.com/xmwx-data/. It's called XM Wx service.

Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
While I am on the topic (or close) how many on this forum have renewed onstar, for which plan, and why or why not?
I just cut a decent deal on a year of OnStar. Read here if interested.

Turbo Buick Badge