• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Your best cleaning tips!

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Hello folks! What are your best cleaning/tools tips! I’m sharing mine, dust remover (Frank Brand) to clean my wheels, it works perfectly I can reach the entire mag inner surface and fit between a Brembo and rim, it’s flexible. Have a nice 4 inches paint brush for all cracks and details. And I found a paint spray can cover that fit perfectly on the tank filler Hole to avoid introducing water in the tank.

Attachments

• 9EC4BF18-09A4-4615-BAD4-60282B936E49.jpeg
    9EC4BF18-09A4-4615-BAD4-60282B936E49.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 69
  • AE0DA174-3F8A-46DE-90CC-A7DCF699DF24.jpeg
    AE0DA174-3F8A-46DE-90CC-A7DCF699DF24.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 41DADAAD-AD8E-4C4F-86CA-092B310FD6D8.jpeg
    41DADAAD-AD8E-4C4F-86CA-092B310FD6D8.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 160069B7-DE6E-45DF-923B-11DD604D9749.jpeg
    160069B7-DE6E-45DF-923B-11DD604D9749.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 69
  • CEEA8013-FFE2-49C9-92EB-02E17703A3B6.jpeg
    CEEA8013-FFE2-49C9-92EB-02E17703A3B6.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 71

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
First and foremost, the ceramic coating makes washes a breeze and I do not miss waxing. Apart from that, using a foam cannon has really expedited the wash process.
IMG_20200724_194108.jpg

I went all out on the Adam's Polishes branded products. I use both of their wheel barrel brushes, the smaller of which does fit between the Brembos and wheel. I also bend it so that I can clean the back of the spokes. I use a stiff bristle brush for the tires, a soft bristle brush on the wheels, and a smaller lug nut brush for the detail work. For me, dirty wheels and tires ruin an otherwise perfect wash.
IMG_20200724_193920__01.jpg
IMG_20200724_194021.jpg

The only other cleaning tips I have are for the interior. Our dashes are very gripping and seem to pull strands out of microfiber towels. To combat this, I use an application sponge that does wonders. The small brushes are also very useful for picking up dust in the vents and more intricate areas.
IMG_20200724_193935.jpg

When I said I went all out on the Adam's stuff (not pictured is their barrel vacuum and pressure washer):
IMG_20200724_195111.jpg

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
First and foremost, the ceramic coating makes washes a breeze and I do not miss waxing. Apart from that, using a foam cannon has really expedited the wash process.
View attachment 24347

I went all out on the Adam's Polishes branded products. I use both of their wheel barrel brushes, the smaller of which does fit between the Brembos and wheel. I also bend it so that I can clean the back of the spokes. I use a stiff bristle brush for the tires, a soft bristle brush on the wheels, and a smaller lug nut brush for the detail work. For me, dirty wheels and tires ruin an otherwise perfect wash.
View attachment 24350
View attachment 24348

The only other cleaning tips I have are for the interior. Our dashes are very gripping and seem to pull strands out of microfiber towels. To combat this, I use an application sponge that does wonders. The small brushes are also very useful for picking up dust in the vents and more intricate areas.
View attachment 24351

When I said I went all out on the Adam's stuff (not pictured is their barrel vacuum and pressure washer):
View attachment 24352

Wow nice kit Jack!! I have a soap canon, 2 actually, one for my gaz power washer and another on the Simoniz electric power washer ( i use more the electric one to not disturb neighbours). So far I tried Chemical guys foam soap but I prefer Simoniz canon soap. Today’s was Buick Friday, so nice cleanup and then, compound and wax. Took me all day long 😁. But so fun to do!
Thanks for Sharing Jack!!

TourXphile

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Cheap paint brushes you can get at any hobby store or art section at the local Walmart does wonders for cleaning the interior; furthermore, a steam cleaner is great for fabric areas and seat belts. Basically anywhere there is no leather.

Foam cannon with a power washer makes it easier to clean. Multiple wash mitts is better than the 2 bucket method, IMO. No need to worry about scratching or marring the paint using the top to bottom technique.

Using a leaf blower eases the drying process (EGO) is my tool of choice.

Buy in the gallon is cheaper then buying in small bottles.

Attachments

• 20200712_081615.jpg
    20200712_081615.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200712_081630.jpg
    20200712_081630.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200712_082208.jpg
    20200712_082208.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 16

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Foam cannon with a power washer makes it easier to clean. Multiple wash mitts is better than the 2 bucket method, IMO. No need to worry about scratching or marring the paint using the top to bottom technique.

Using a leaf blower eases the drying process (EGO) is my tool of choice.
^This 100‰

Can't wait to get all of my microfiber towels and my other car cleaning supplies in order. Looks good!

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
That’s what I need to buy next, the real quality microfiber towel! You’re right TourxPhil, leafs blower is magic!!

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
That’s what I need to buy next, the real quality microfiber towel! You’re right TourxPhil, leafs blower is magic!!
I've been extremely happy with the quality of my microfibers from The Rag Company. I basically followed Obsessed Garage's formula for quantity and style of towel.

Yes, I'm the type of person to spend 41 minutes watching a man talk about microfiber towels...

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I've been extremely happy with the quality of my microfibers from The Rag Company. I basically followed Obsessed Garage's formula for quantity and style of towel.

Yes, I'm the type of person to spend 41 minutes watching a man talk about microfiber towels...
We’re twin brothers????? Me too I like that kind of videos 😁

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
I've become a fan of the rinseless wash products. I use Optimum brand, but I'd wager several other brands work as well. 1 ounce of product in 2 gallons of water to wash the car. Wash a panel (top down, front to back) then dry the panel. If there's any dirt on your drying towel, then you dried something you didn't wash. I always try to overlap the washing onto adjacent panels to reduce the chance of drying something that hasn't been washed. Environmentally friendly, and you can even wash the car inside a garage, if there's an HOA or condo association to appease.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
For the first time since ownership, I decided to give the black underhood pad a good clean. Over time, it has caught a fair amount of bugs. A simple method to clean this is to use an interior detailing brush or lug nut brush (pictured in Post #2, as well as below).

To prevent messing up the look of the fibers, be gentle. Use light pressure and use a soft bristle, if available. Sometimes no water is needed at all. For the more stubborn areas, just work up a lather using soapy water and the remaining contaminants lift right out. Finish up by wiping the surface with a clean microfiber towel.

Anyone else detail their engine bay?
IMG_20201017_122936.jpg

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
For the first time since ownership, I decided to give the black underhood pad a good clean. Over time, it has caught a fair amount of bugs. A simple method to clean this is to use an interior detailing brush or lug nut brush (pictured in Post #2, as well as below).

To prevent messing up the look of the fibers, be gentle. Use light pressure and use a soft bristle, if available. Sometimes no water is needed at all. For the more stubborn areas, just work up a lather using soapy water and the remaining contaminants lift right out. Finish up by wiping the surface with a clean microfiber towel.

View attachment 26525
At every wash! Before using water, I use a leafs blower, more that often it’s only light dust that goes with the blower. But I’m a maniac detailer! Now that winter’s at the door, next time will be in March/April depending of the weather! I watch a lot a car details videos, once in a while, I removed the wheels to wash around and I know that they are using a protection coating after doing the same and they said that coating last for about 3 month and really protect from rust also. Next summer I’ll tried to spayed something like « future » liquide wax, I used that product in my tiles floor at home and it really last for long. For sure I’ll protect the brakes but i will tried for sure !!

Attachments

• B7E84AE3-02A3-4E6D-B5D3-D4739EACEF76.jpeg
    B7E84AE3-02A3-4E6D-B5D3-D4739EACEF76.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 3

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

View attachment 26525
How much do you charge? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sorry not a Regal or TourX but engine bay detail done and coated with Sonus Trim & Motor Kote. This will last and can be wiped down with a damp cloth to remove any debris on any plastic engine components.
20190518_103852.jpg

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm curious bout interior cleaning products. My hands sent always clean as I'd like em when I get back in the car, as I'm working mobile right now. What's something good to clean the steering wheel without ruining it or the controls. I can be careful bout not getting anything on the controls of course. But the wheel itself, it doesn't feel as clean as it was new, I wanna get that back

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I've had good results with LEXOL products as a cleaner and conditioner for leather areas. Unfortunately with Covid and hand cleaning solution they can have effects on most vehicle surfaces especially the steering wheel. If going OCD auto restoration shops, leather supply stores, leather repair and saddle stores may offer additional suggestions on products. As a general rule any household cleaner shouldn't be used as most do not have a chemical make up that is kind to leather.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Premium
I'm a big fan of Meguiar's Quik Detailer after each wash to help combat those water spot rings. (Use this on the engine bay parts too) I also break out the leaf blower for getting the bulk of the water off the car but an AquaDry towel from Target is the closest thing I've found to a squeege for the body (I learned that from the fireman cleaning trucks) Griot's wax-as-u-dry is another good product.
Another tip I learned is to keep a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide handy. When I drive home from work at night I tend to collect lots of bugs on the front and HP breaks them down so they virtually spray off without harming the paint.
The one product I miss the most is Liquid Glass...that stuff was nothing short of amazing!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!