• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Your best cleaning tips!

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I'm curious bout interior cleaning products. My hands sent always clean as I'd like em when I get back in the car, as I'm working mobile right now. What's something good to clean the steering wheel without ruining it or the controls. I can be careful bout not getting anything on the controls of course. But the wheel itself, it doesn't feel as clean as it was new, I wanna get that back
@2007LucerneCXL has already mentioned using LEXOL to clean and condition your steering wheel leather. I will just add to what he's suggested. Just about any cleaning product designed specifically for leather will do the job. I'd avoid using a generic cleaner.

Applying the cleaner to a brush or directly on the leather, and then lightly working at it with the brush, will remove most of the nasty stuff that sticks to the wheel over time. Finish up by wiping it down with a microfiber towel to achieve the original matte finish.

This is the most concise video I've found explaining the process. I have never used Chemical Guys products, so I can't vouch for them, just using their video.

Greyfixer

For the first time since ownership, I decided to give the black underhood pad a good clean. Over time, it has caught a fair amount of bugs. A simple method to clean this is to use an interior detailing brush or lug nut brush (pictured in Post #2, as well as below).

To prevent messing up the look of the fibers, be gentle. Use light pressure and use a soft bristle, if available. Sometimes no water is needed at all. For the more stubborn areas, just work up a lather using soapy water and the remaining contaminants lift right out. Finish up by wiping the surface with a clean microfiber towel.

Anyone else detail their engine bay?
View attachment 26525
Do (can) you use ScotchGard or something similar to protect the pad or make it easier to clean in the future?

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I bought this and I have to admit that I’m very happy with it. It’s very good to clean wheels houses, underneath the car!! Make sure to use your 2 hands while pressure is not straight forward but on an angle setup!

Attachments

• 05D64A04-71BD-466B-B04E-5560720A8F40.jpeg
    05D64A04-71BD-466B-B04E-5560720A8F40.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 12
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Be careful with wheel cleaners. These products contain powerful degreasers and could wash the lubricant (cobalt grease) behind the brake pads, the guide pins and also enter the wheel bearings.

PeterGunn

The Frozen Wilds of Clearwater, FL
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence | 2016 Buick Regal Turbo Premium
I've become a fan of the rinseless wash products. I use Optimum brand, but I'd wager several other brands work as well. 1 ounce of product in 2 gallons of water to wash the car. Wash a panel (top down, front to back) then dry the panel. If there's any dirt on your drying towel, then you dried something you didn't wash. I always try to overlap the washing onto adjacent panels to reduce the chance of drying something that hasn't been washed. Environmentally friendly, and you can even wash the car inside a garage, if there's an HOA or condo association to appease.
Interesting, since we sold the house and are living the resort apartment life (figure that one out), I no longer can just get the hose out and start washing. I checked out their website, one 8oz bottle for $13.99 and free shipping so I ordered it and will see how that goes, thanks for the tip.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
Interesting, since we sold the house and are living the resort apartment life (figure that one out), I no longer can just get the hose out and start washing. I checked out their website, one 8oz bottle for $13.99 and free shipping so I ordered it and will see how that goes, thanks for the tip.
Y’all talkin bout Optimum No Rinse? That stuff is just bad ass! If you’ve ever seen the commercial for the scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner, that’s what I thought of when I learned the science behind ONR. It’s made with special polymers that ingest dirt particles and encapsulates them with a lubricant to prevent them from scratching the paint.

ONR makes washing easier by cutting the surface tension and your mitt just glides. If you’re in-between detail jobs and you wanna shine up the whip real quick, ONR will get it done in 20 minutes. Just be sure to use several clean rags and turn them after wiping each section.

PeterGunn

Buick Ownership
Y’all talkin bout Optimum No Rinse? That stuff is just bad ass! If you’ve ever seen the commercial for the scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner, that’s what I thought of when I learned the science behind ONR. It’s made with special polymers that ingest dirt particles and encapsulates them with a lubricant to prevent them from scratching the paint.

ONR makes washing easier by cutting the surface tension and your mitt just glides. If you’re in-between detail jobs and you wanna shine up the whip real quick, ONR will get it done in 20 minutes. Just be sure to use several clean rags and turn them after wiping each section.
I think so, this is what I ordered: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine - New Formula!

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
I'm curious bout interior cleaning products. My hands sent always clean as I'd like em when I get back in the car, as I'm working mobile right now. What's something good to clean the steering wheel without ruining it or the controls. I can be careful bout not getting anything on the controls of course. But the wheel itself, it doesn't feel as clean as it was new, I wanna get that back
You might try a total interior cleaner product. I use a couple of different products. I like being able to use one product for every part of the interior. Smells good too!

Exoforma Complete Interior

Chemical Guys Total Interior Cleaner

PeterGunn

Buick Ownership
Hey speaking of cleaning, my TourX is white (flat white unfortunately) but the black around the wheel wells and along the rocker panels, seems like plastic. If so would Armor All or something equivalent be safe on that?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Hey speaking of cleaning, my TourX is white (flat white unfortunately) but the black around the wheel wells and along the rocker panels, seems like plastic. If so would Armor All or something equivalent be safe on that?
Armor All is safe, but there are other products that will do a better job of conditioning the plastic and give it that rich, dark black, look. My favorite for black trim is Adam's Polishes VRT (Vinyl, Rubber, Trim).

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Hopefully someone will chime in, but on exterior black plastic you will want a product designed to be used for that purpose. Most interior products will wash off on the first signs of water, streak, have a oil stain appearance when wet and wash off easily.

Checking Jeep forums as they have plastic exterior molding my offer additional suggestions.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
I use an Exoforma product for that too. It’s designed specifically for restoring faded, black trim. It contains a dye and it will last 6-8 months. Be sure to wear some gloves.

visitor

Buick Newbie
My favorite for black trim is Adam's Polishes VRT (Vinyl, Rubber, Trim).
I was considering paint for our '05 Pacifica cladding - it had faded to light grey from original black. The initial result of 2 applications of Adam's VRT was pretty impressive. The only place it didn't work that well is the plastic grill, which i'll likely still have to paint to get black. All the lower trim; front, sides & rear came out really nice!

PeterGunn

Buick Ownership

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
Well I got the Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine - New Formula! last Thursday and planned to try it over the weekend.

Yeah... heat index for Clearwater averaged 102 from Thursday to Monday, we'll just be putting that off a few more days.

It will give me time to order and receive the Black Plastic and Trim Restorer

Thanks for the tips @abizzle and @Jack GS (y)
Ugh! Tell me about it. The heat is oppressive here too. To make matters worse, my house A/C has been out since Sunday. I did some troubleshooting and ultimately ended up calling a service tech. Looks like it’s the condenser fan motor. The guy wanted to charge me $1285 for a condenser fan, fan blade, contactor, and capacitor.

I already knew the approximate cost of all those parts was $200, so I thanked him and sent him on his way. I gotta wait 2 more days for parts, but I have a 12000 BTU portable unit that keeps the house around 80 during the day.

Let me know how you like that Exoforma. I hope you were able to get a coupon for 20% off. They have some very good products and the prices are reasonable. I like that they don’t spend a bunch of money on labeling and packaging.

PeterGunn

Buick Ownership
Ugh! Tell me about it. The heat is oppressive here too. To make matters worse, my house A/C has been out since Sunday. I did some troubleshooting and ultimately ended up calling a service tech. Looks like it’s the condenser fan motor. The guy wanted to charge me $1285 for a condenser fan, fan blade, contactor, and capacitor.

I already knew the approximate cost of all those parts was $200, so I thanked him and sent him on his way. I gotta wait 2 more days for parts, but I have a 12000 BTU portable unit that keeps the house around 80 during the day.

Let me know how you like that Exoforma. I hope you were able to get a coupon for 20% off. They have some very good products and the prices are reasonable. I like that they don’t spend a bunch of money on labeling and packaging.
Oh man, I feel for you, I'd be sleeping in the back of the car with the A/C on if the house unit crapped out.

Had something similar happen to me about 15 years ago, called an A/C guy with a "great" reputation, he fiddled with the outside unit, came in and said everything needs replacing, $4,000! He could have it done that day, even use the same basic shell of the outside unit.

No way did I think this was legit, said thanks but don't have the cash for that, he got huffy and I pretty much had to tell him to GTFO.

Called a friend of my wife because she had a nephew in the A/C business (why didn't she tell me this earlier?), he came out, took one look and said the points were burned out, probably a surge from lightning. $20.00, five minutes work. Good thing the first guy wasn't around, I might have taken a shot at the bastard.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
Oh man, I feel for you, I'd be sleeping in the back of the car with the A/C on if the house unit crapped out.

Had something similar happen to me about 15 years ago, called an A/C guy with a "great" reputation, he fiddled with the outside unit, came in and said everything needs replacing, $4,000! He could have it done that day, even use the same basic shell of the outside unit.

No way did I think this was legit, said thanks but don't have the cash for that, he got huffy and I pretty much had to tell him to GTFO.

Called a friend of my wife because she had a nephew in the A/C business (why didn't she tell me this earlier?), he came out, took one look and said the points were burned out, probably a surge from lightning. $20.00, five minutes work. Good thing the first guy wasn't around, I might have taken a shot at the bastard.
I don’t know what’s up with the service industry. I know the cost of doing business has gone up, but some of these prices are way too high. The first company I called wanted $189 to show up and only $89 of that went towards the cost of the work. I guess the other $100 was a tip or something.