• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

2020 Regal GS - missing "Sport Pedals"

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
Looks like this is pretty common!

I noticed the 2020 I just picked up (6.5k miles) didn't have them included either. They also put the wrong (non-GS) shifter knob on mine. Each one individually I would probably let slide, but two items like this now is frustrating. Im gonna have to bug the dealer about this and see what they say!

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Looks like this is pretty common!

I noticed the 2020 I just picked up (6.5k miles) didn't have them included either. They also put the wrong (non-GS) shifter knob on mine. Each one individually I would probably let slide, but two items like this now is frustrating. Im gonna have to bug the dealer about this and see what they say!
Sport pedals It is optional on the GS.

Amct15

Buick Ownership
2020 Regal GS
I believe you, could have forgot. When I bought mine, I paid an extra for those pedals. It was 150 something Canadians $
I complained to Buick Customer Care about missing the sport pedals. I showed them the section of the order guide that states they are standard. They agreed, contacted the selling dealer, and mailed them to me free of charge.

BenD

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I complained to Buick Customer Care about missing the sport pedals. I showed them the section of the order guide that states they are standard. They agreed, contacted the selling dealer, and mailed them to me free of charge.
I’ll double check my contract!

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Yeah I made the mistake of not checking and ordered them myself... Apparently it is pretty common to have missing sport pedals.

Up until now I just assumed some dealership employee with a Malibu swapped them on the lot lol.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Yeah I made the mistake of not checking and ordered them myself... Apparently it is pretty common to have missing sport pedals.

Up until now I just assumed some dealership employee with a Malibu swapped them on the lot lol.
And strangely, I have seen quite a few Malibu with only the gas pedal cover installed. :unsure:

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
So I went to the dealer to discuss the missing sport pedals and the incorrect shift knob on my GS and they basically said "no chance, go away" to correct either one. Their rationale was that since I am not the original owner (it was originally purchased 2/2020 and has 6.5k miles), they said the prior owner could have taken both parts off when he owned it.

The quality control checks in Ruesselsheim were definitely lacking the day they built my GS. Oh well.

Last edited:

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
The quality control checks in Ruesselsheim were definitely lacking the day they built my GS. Oh well.
As someone whose vehicle was literally made on a Friday during Octoberfest, I feel your pain.

If you're looking to purchase the sport pedals on your own, the part number is 19212762.

They are the same exact pedal covers the Malibus and some other GM cars use so if they don't explicitly say they're for the Regal, don't sweat it. Some soapy water really helps with the installation when you get to that point. Here's a post I made when I installed mine... Just a before and after.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
Got one of eBay $17.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Regarding the installation of the Sports Pedals.

Are tools required or do they simply fit over the existing pedals?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
No tools required. After removing the existing rubber cover on the brake pedal, they just slip on. Depending on what the temp is like near you, I'd recommend warming them up so the rubber is more pliable.

I also used some soapy water to help them slide over the pedals a little easier.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Use some lubricant, and it gets on there easily.
Did mine in early December last year in the comfort of my unheated freezing garage.
Don't force it though, otherwise the metal piece pops off and it is a PITA to put it back on the rubber piece.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Thanks Jack GS and D2R

I saw Jack’s before and after photos and the pedals are a nice upgrade.

Based on the feedback from both of you, I’m going to buy the sport pedals as a Christmas gift to myself.

However, I wanted to understand what was involved in putting them on first. With heat and lubricant, it sounds easy enough.

Merry Christmas!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks Jack GS and D2R

I saw Jack’s before and after photos and the pedals are a nice upgrade.

Based on the feedback from both of you, I’m going to buy the sport pedals as a Christmas gift to myself.

However, I wanted to understand what was involved in putting them on first. With heat and lubricant, it sounds easy enough.

Merry Christmas!
A hair dryer definitely helps soften up the rubber. Why didn't I think of that last year... :ROFLMAO:

Get your turbo buick badge right here!