Upper intake is leaking on 2002 Buick lesabre

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
I pulled the middle front plug and it sparked. Should I check more? Not sure what else to do there. Never had a problem with brakes before this. But The connection seems to be alright from visual inspection.
If you got spark. it's OK. Do you currently have a problem with brakes after the UIM surgery?

Ooooo1

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
If you got spark. it's OK. Do you currently have a problem with brakes after the UIM surgery

If you got spark. it's OK. Do you currently have a problem with brakes after the UIM surgery?
I Still have break peddle. So I did notice I hadn't transferred the stuff from the old uim for the pvc and spring. I have them in now,but batrery is dead also I found this screw type thing under the car. I tried to include a picture of it but just kept saying file to large. So I would describe it as a rounded off head with a skinny shaft with like white grease on it. But it changes halfway up the shaft to like a solid price of metal with the middle slotted. I have no idea where it goes. I didn't take it out of anything. Anyway for whatever it's worth

Ooooo1

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
Did you run out of gas? Check that the fuel lines are not kinked. Check every vacuum line. Do you hear the fuel pump for 2 seconds after you turn the key to RUN (not running)?

Then use a rag to catch any fuel spray as you check for pressure at the fitting valve on the fuel rail. Check that the oil pressure sender has not cracked open.
So I do hear the pump kick on and fuel does come out of the lines going to the fuel rail. As far as the oil sender, are you talking about the sensor that you screw in the motor and then attach the electric harness. If so I replaced that about four months ago with ac Delco original sensor. I looked at that and it seems fine. The thing I did notice now is the oil seems to smell like there is some fuel in it. And when I try to start it now it will sometimes start to act like it's gonna fire up very briefly. And very inconsistent. I've gotten under both sides and don't see anything obvious. Think I'm gonna take fuel rail off and check injectors and go from there. Probably pull upper intake and again go from there. If I go all the way to the lower intake will I be able to reset the gaskets if they are in good shape? Not sure what else to do at this point. Can't find any vacuum leaks. But it's getting spark and getting fuel to the rail. So I must have messed something up.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
So I do hear the pump kick on and fuel does come out of the lines going to the fuel rail. As far as the oil sender, are you talking about the sensor that you screw in the motor and then attach the electric harness. If so I replaced that about four months ago with ac Delco original sensor. I looked at that and it seems fine. The thing I did notice now is the oil seems to smell like there is some fuel in it. And when I try to start it now it will sometimes start to act like it's gonna fire up very briefly. And very inconsistent. I've gotten under both sides and don't see anything obvious. Think I'm gonna take fuel rail off and check injectors and go from there. Probably pull upper intake and again go from there. If I go all the way to the lower intake will I be able to reset the gaskets if they are in good shape? Not sure what else to do at this point. Can't find any vacuum leaks. But it's getting spark and getting fuel to the rail. So I must have messed something up.
The oil level sensor is in the oil pan on the front of the engine(relative to the engine bay front lol) and the oil pressure sender/switch is on the rear(firewall) side of the engine next to the oil filter housing.