• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

20" Cascada rims on a GS

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
Got the wheels installed on Thursday and washed her up today. Im pretty happy with the results!

My only regret is getting the 255 wide tires. Frankly, 245's would have been better as the BFG Comp 2 A/S have a fairly chunky sidewall/shoulder design. They're only 5mm wider per side but the extra width is visible. Also, a word to the wise if anyone else wants to try this..... You absolutely need 5mm wheel spacers minimum to fit around the Brembos. I had the shop first try and install these without the spacers and sure enough, they didn't fit. Luckily, I bought the set JackGS referred me to from US wheel adapters which fit like a glove. There is about 2mm gap between the wheel and the caliper with the spacer in place.

I bought a full set of 4 - 5mm spacers but I'm only running them on the 2 fronts in these pictures. The shop installed them on all 4 wheels and frankly the rear wheels stuck out too far with the 255's so I took em off the rears. It just didn't look right to me. The extra width in the front looks surprisingly good though.

I did a bunch of online research and I can't find any reports of trouble from running a small 5mm spacer on only the fronts. If anyone knows of problems (AWD?), please let me know before its too late!

tempImagee7RoTR.jpg
tempImagekt5sih.jpg
tempImagev386cL.jpg
tempImagemZpQ2O.jpg
tempImage5R25CJ.jpg

Last edited:

chambe

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Got the wheels installed on Thursday and washed her up today. Im pretty happy with the results!

My only regret is getting the 255 wide tires. Frankly, 245's would have been better as the BFG Comp 2 A/S have a fairly chunky sidewall/shoulder design. They're only 5mm wider per side but the extra width is visible. Also, a word to the wise if anyone else wants to try this..... You absolutely need 5mm wheel spacers minimum to fit around the Brembos. I had the shop first try and install these without the spacers and sure enough, they didn't fit. Luckily, I bought the set JackGS referred me to from US wheel adapters which fit like a glove. There is about 2mm gap between the wheel and the caliper with the spacer in place.

I bought a full set of 4 - 5mm spacers but I'm only running them on the 2 fronts in these pictures. The shop installed them on all 4 wheels and frankly the rear wheels stuck out too far with the 255's so I took em off the rears. It just didn't look right to me. The extra width in the front looks surprisingly good though.

I did a bunch of online research and I can't find any reports of trouble from running a small 5mm spacer on only the fronts. If anyone knows of problems (AWD?), please let me know before its too late!

View attachment 30378
View attachment 30375
View attachment 30381
View attachment 30379
View attachment 30380
How is the ride quality?

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
How is the ride quality?
I think 1 of my old Conti tires suffered from the foam separation problem that was referenced in another thread as the car had a slight vibration at highway speeds before. Fortunately, that is gone now. It could have also just been an issue with balancing though too. In terms of ride quality/harshness, I am not noticing any difference yet but I only have 100 miles or so on the new tires. In terms of grip, these seem better around corners than the contis. If I took a corner a bit too fast before you could definitely feel them working and hear squeeling if the window was open.

Again, in only 100 miles its tough to draw any definitive conclusions

chambe

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I think 1 of my old Conti tires suffered from the foam separation problem that was referenced in another thread as the car had a slight vibration at highway speeds before. Fortunately, that is gone now. It could have also just been an issue with balancing though too. In terms of ride quality/harshness, I am not noticing any difference yet but I only have 100 miles or so on the new tires. In terms of grip, these seem better around corners than the contis. If I took a corner a bit too fast before you could definitely feel them working and hear squeeling if the window was open.

Again, in only 100 miles its tough to draw any definitive conclusions
Thank you for your comments. Appreciate them.

chambe

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
How is the ride quality?
I am surprised you need spacers to clear the Brembos. The Cascada wheels have a ET41 offset. The original wheels have a ET40 offset. 1 mm shouldn't make a difference. Did you actually observe the tech on your attempt to install the Cascada wheels in the front?

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
I am surprised you need spacers to clear the Brembos. The Cascada wheels have a ET41 offset. The original wheels have a ET40 offset. 1 mm shouldn't make a difference. Did you actually observe the tech on your attempt to install the Cascada wheels in the front?
Yeah it was due to the shape of the spokes on the new rims. The stocks have the back sides cleared out to fit the brembos

Get your turbo buick badge right here!