2011 Lacrosse Trunk Mysteriously Opens

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I am having the same issue. My fob sits on the counter overnight and the trunk pops up in my garage without any intervention. It just started doing this. It also randomly pops up when I pull a door to open it. I have never had a problem with my trunk in 7 years. Now it is popping up sporadically, without intervention, or reason.
Did you try a new battry ?

Jbaria13

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
My complaint regarding the sensitivity of the trunk button on the key fob for the 2011 Buick Lacrosse is valid. GM has addressed this same issue in other vehicles for many years now. They have gone so far as to put switches in trunks to prevent the key fob from opening it to significant delays on the key fob switch itself. Someone dropped the ball on this one. If it hasn't happened to you yet does not mean that it won't. Hopefully you will not have anything valuable in the trunk and/or will it be raining. This is a $33,000.00 automobile - not a $200.00 Ipod. I don't think my expectations are too high. Others have the same valid complaint as I.
I have the same issue with my 2012 LaCrosse. I've been told that I'm accidentally pressing the trunk button on the fob but that is not the case. I've had this vehicle for over 5 years without this issue until the past 3-4 months and it's getting worse. Buick dealership wants $140 just to diagnose it and $250 for a new fob. Very frustrating that something this stupid is gonna cost hundreds of dollars. I feel ur pain and am still looking for a solution. I cannot open the trunk manually and it randomly opens on it's own. Please help.

Luv2011Lacrosse

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse cxs
I am sorry to hear about your experiences but and glad to you are working with your local dealer towards resolution. I have noticed your concern with the fix. Please keep me posted on your progress with the dealer as well if this seems to resolve the concern. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
I also started having this problem back in October of 2018 and noticed that also. When my car is locked the trunk does not open but when left unlocked it sporadically opens by itself. My concern is the cost to get this repaired as my warranty is expired. shouldn't this be a recall issue as it could be a safety concern because of the pull tag in the trunk

Last edited:

Dan Sutton

Buick Ownership
2014 Lacrosse
My complaint regarding the sensitivity of the trunk button on the key fob for the 2011 Buick Lacrosse is valid. GM has addressed this same issue in other vehicles for many years now. They have gone so far as to put switches in trunks to prevent the key fob from opening it to significant delays on the key fob switch itself. Someone dropped the ball on this one. If it hasn't happened to you yet does not mean that it won't. Hopefully you will not have anything valuable in the trunk and/or will it be raining. This is a $33,000.00 automobile - not a $200.00 Ipod. I don't think my expectations are too high. Others have the same valid complaint as I.
It happens constantly, I just got rained on

Dan Sutton

Buick Ownership
2014 Lacrosse
I also started having this problem back in October of 2018 and noticed that also. When my car is locked the trunk does not open but when left unlocked it sporadically opens by itself. My concern is the cost to get this repaired as my warranty is expired. shouldn't this be a recall issue as it could be a safety concern because of the pull tag in the trunk
I agree it is contant, i even have fob hanging on a belt loop and it still occurs.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.