• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Buick LaCrosse – A Sense of Style

Jebaril

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Base
The 2020 LaCrosse Avenir refresh (I guess, for China only now) is really gorgeous. If your go to GM Authority website, you can see it if you haven’t already.

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse, first gen
The 2020 LaCrosse Avenir refresh (I guess, for China only now) is really gorgeous. If your go to GM Authority website, you can see it if you haven’t already.
I will have to look for it. I like the current LaCrosse more than the one it replaced. It's sleeker and both the front fascia and the rear tail lamps are nicer aesthetically. I wish there was more of a defined trunk lid zone. My only complaint is how high the console and shifter are. I'd like to be able to crawl over it more easily if I had to. I don't like feeling like I'm sitting so low when I'm really not.

I was at the dealer for an oil change. They typically stock them with a 3.6 L V6. Sales have not been strong. I saw that they have dropped in a 2.5 L 4 cylinder engine in the entry level model with to bring the MSRP within reach for more people. If you look on line at Buick inventories, the 4 cylinder ones are few and far between. I wonder why it never took hold, seeing that they are common enough in Impalas (may be the same chassis ... and about the same size). The 2.5 L 4 has been a good engine. Being just shy of 200 horses, it should be able to power a LaCrosse but won't work any wonders on the on-ramps.

Any 4 cylinder owners or test drives of the current platform of the LaCrosse? Would you even consider one?

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Well that’s a good question. I feel the LaCrosse should perform as well as it looks. Meaning the performance although not in the 12 second trap time 1/4 mile bracket is just fine with the V6. It’s peppy and will get you out of the way.

2008 Buick LaCrosse Specs & Performance Think the V8 with FWD had too much torque so it was dropped. So if spending the money why skimp on the HP or motion?

Last edited:

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse, first gen
Well that’s a good question. I feel the LaCrosse should perform as well as it looks. Meaning the performance although not in the 12 second trap time 1/4 mile bracket is just fine with the V6. It’s peppy and will get you out of the way.

2008 Buick LaCrosse Specs & Performance Think the V8 with FWD had too much torque so it was dropped. So if spending the money why skimp on the HP or motion?
I see what you mean about the current LaCrosse. The 3.6 V6 is currently GM's workhorse, selected to power the Cadillac CT6. If you are going to buy a Buick, you say to go all out. However, the price point on many LaCrosses makes for sticker shock. The sticker on my 2008 CX was about half that of a decked out new LaCrosse.

The thing with the 4 banger is that it takes the MSRP down to $29.9 K before adding on options and freight. That's FWD. AWD pushes it up about $3K or $4K. If a person found a base model without many options and got all the deals and incentives on them, they'd be in the flagship Buick sedan for under $30K. I think the entry level model is aimed only at those buyers. I could be a potential buyer just to remain loyal to GM and Buick but the curtain is falling and I'm not in the market.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Yes, I could see that way of looking at purchase. Myself, the “4” may have enough gumption. Same difference between AWD and FWD. Didn’t really need AWD so couldn’t see spending the extra; more to breakdown. If it snows I stay home and shovel, nothing pressing these days. Wouldn’t venture out with AWD either. No choice during work years, hate phones too which is a good thing lol.

And base model, roger that. I have no need for the frills and don’t use either but alas; paid for a few. Other car takes care of need for speed; too old for that even these days, ho-hum.

Although think we picked up our Buck for $24K plus traded wife’s little wagon; she just wrapped up her ceramics business. Car was brand new on lot and was a ‘16 in ‘16. Wanted to move it, was black; didn’t want black car but actually like it now, have to keep it shined though. They can do what they please, the dealers pretty much.

Interesting, keep us posted if possible- Rich

Last edited: