• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help with infotainment - USB/Aux

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Actually what could be considered rude is: 1. not reading question and wasting people's time with a non-answer and 2. making a comment like "
"Have you checked Mazerati's manuals for the car, as I've seen that's how you branded it?"
Take a chill pill and understand there are those on this forum willing to help, but drizzle in some sarcasm. Interneting is really hard, I know.

In addition, the information I provided in my post is what was confirmed by another member. The answer is right there, as quoted from an official GM manual.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Engineers, well I am not one but the model and make of the famous "MP3 player" is usually a factor, but again I'm not an engineer so I guess I'm not as well trained. As a side note, just because it works on a PC doesn't mean it will work on vehicles in the same fashion or it's even compatible with the vehicle OS. Carry on engineers LOL

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Also being an engineer, I get annoyed when others pull the "engineer" card like it makes them magical and entitled -
Yep - and also also being an engineer, I get annoyed when people use the 'engineer' card as an excuse to be impolite or blunt to others. Despite the common perception, an engineering degree doesn't preclude the capacity for social skills.

Sure, many of us kid around on here, but the OP asking for free help from a community while simultaneously demanding it be provided in a concise and simple answer is just rude in and of itself. Anyone who doesn't realize that manners and etiquette are the accepted currency of social interaction has some maturing to do.

download.jpg

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
hope some of these observations help:

1. Often, a USB device (cell phone, MP3 players) will not properly respond to providing access to request for files/music unless it is set up in the right "mode". Different phone/players call these modes differently, and of course, can be non-standard or buggy. So look in your MP3 player's setup/config/options menu to switch it around to see if it helps your car recognize the player.
2. Sometimes, if you have a lot of files in your MP3 device (or even USB drive), it takes a long time for it to be recognized/presented by the car's audio system. You may want to try it for a few minutes before giving up...
2. Check to make sure it is not your car USB port's problem, copy a few MP3 files onto a USB drive and see if the MEDIA icon appears in your choice of selection for music. as seen a few posts above.
4. A USB stick cost very little money. Won't it be easier to just copy all your music over to a $10 USB stick and leave it plugged into your car? Other options include bluetooth from your phone.
5. If you're still stuck, and insist on playing music from your MP3 player, a 3.5mm stereo male to male cable works. I believe that plug is beside the USB ports in your console cubby.

Guy Fawkes

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Yep - and also also being an engineer, I get annoyed when people use the 'engineer' card as an excuse to be impolite or blunt to others. Despite the common perception, an engineering degree doesn't preclude the capacity for social skills.

Sure, many of us kid around on here, but the OP asking for free help from a community while simultaneously demanding it be provided in a concise and simple answer is just rude in and of itself. Anyone who doesn't realize that manners and etiquette are the accepted currency of social interaction has some maturing to do.

View attachment 18457
I did not demand, I requested. Offering non-help to feed one's ego is also rude. I think you are interjecting some personal issues.

Guy Fawkes

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Take a chill pill and understand there are those on this forum willing to help, but drizzle in some sarcasm. Interneting is really hard, I know.

In addition, the information I provided in my post is what was confirmed by another member. The answer is right there, as quoted from an official GM manual.
I can take sarcasm. In fact I thought the Maz manual comment was funny, However, I did mention I had read the manual and did not need it posted back to me. That was the reason I asked the question in the first place. There have been some good responses and I tried them all with no success. Tomorrow it is off to the dealer 60 miles away.

Guy Fawkes

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Well after trying the directions in the manual and everything suggested by the wonderful members of this sight, I broke down and I visited the small Buick dealership 60 miles from my home to have them look at my infortainment system situation. They fixed it! Seems the AUX and USB connections were loose. The Tech said it was a common problem.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Well after trying the directions in the manual and everything suggested by the wonderful members of this sight, I broke down and I visited the small Buick dealership 60 miles from my home to have them look at my infortainment system situation. They fixed it! Seems the AUX and USB connections were loose. The Tech said it was a common problem.
I wonder if that is my problem with AA dropping out constantly.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Seems the AUX and USB connections were loose. The Tech said it was a common problem.
Glad you were able to resolve it.

For the record, I experienced the intermittent issue this morning where my USB drives weren't recognized. I tried an aux cable (same one that worked earlier), and it also didn't show up in the radio menu. Both worked fine the next time I started the car.

TommyOpel~74-18

Capitol Region of Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
I'm happy to hear you got it fixed after all the ruckus on the topic on this, er, site.

Sorry, I'm a Liberal Arts major, and we correct grammar. My college roommate, who was an engineering major, hated me for it. 🤪😜😇

Pedal Commander