• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

How to swap a TourX to Sportback front bumper

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Sorry I’m impatient but any progress on the rear bumper?
I believe I am very close to solving the lower rear valance parts. I was reluctant to order anything from the EU as shipping (especially for large parts) is silly expensive. Plus I’m really not a fan of the fake exhaust ports - even though I agree with @LJ that they’re easy to keep clean. I have two more parts that just got shipped (they were in back order for a few weeks) and I should get it all fitted and tweaked next weekend.

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
One question if you don’t mind... what springs are you running?

Also, you should look into the front lip that I am running ...it would finish off the front. Great looking car, BTW! Here is a pic of the lip: 319D4E2D-BA4B-421F-B94E-A2C89A7188EF.jpeg

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
One question if you don’t mind... what springs are you running?

Also, you should look into the front lip that I am running ...it would finish off the front. Great looking car, BTW! Here is a pic of the lip: View attachment 26383
Currently running the H&R springs. I do like that front lip. Incidentally I am looking to modify lower grill and reveal the color on the lowest part as @moparsandvettes discovered. Can you share a link for the lip?

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
I can't get over how slick the car looks without the wheel arch cladding! So the front bumper cover has the clip holes and the rest is just stuck on with 3M tape? I definitely love the idea of the GS front with those aftermarket fog lights shown in another post. For a car that is just supposed to be my daily driver I'm getting WAY too many mod ideas on here! LOL
I already have a set of 18x8 +40 wheels on my convertible that will swap to the TourX no problem (I need to go up to 19s on the vert to clear new larger front rotors) I'm also very interested to see how you handle the rear valance since I wouldn't mind eliminating the exhaust finishers too.
Excellent work and info so far! Thanks!

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I can't get over how slick the car looks without the wheel arch cladding! So the front bumper cover has the clip holes and the rest is just stuck on with 3M tape? I definitely love the idea of the GS front with those aftermarket fog lights shown in another post. For a car that is just supposed to be my daily driver I'm getting WAY too many mod ideas on here! LOL
I already have a set of 18x8 +40 wheels on my convertible that will swap to the TourX no problem (I need to go up to 19s on the vert to clear new larger front rotors) I'm also very interested to see how you handle the rear valance since I wouldn't mind eliminating the exhaust finishers too.
Excellent work and info so far! Thanks!
what convertible are you running those rims on? Curious to know as I may have missed a couple alternative makes that have a 5x115 bolt pattern. Yes - the mods are a slippery slope...I started this project with a “don’t spend too much” attitude. Needless to say I’ve spent too much...

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
Actually the rims on my Chrysler 200S are 5x114.3 and I have run that pattern many times without issue. I ran Mustang Bullitts on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and another set on my 2004 Bonneville. I also installed a set of Koenigs on my 2005 Magnum (also a 5x115) Running a hub centric ring is always a good idea on any aftermarket wheel but its essential here for smooth operation at highway speed. I know many people disagree but after a warehouse mgr told me they were interchangeable and a machinist co-worker told me that .7 millimeter is basically tolerance, I've run them without problem or complaint. I even know of forum members on LXForums that run them for racing, which I'm sure is more stress than any driving I'll do.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Actually the rims on my Chrysler 200S are 5x114.3 and I have run that pattern many times without issue. I ran Mustang Bullitts on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and another set on my 2004 Bonneville. I also installed a set of Koenigs on my 2005 Magnum (also a 5x115) Running a hub centric ring is always a good idea on any aftermarket wheel but its essential here for smooth operation at highway speed. I know many people disagree but after a warehouse mgr told me they were interchangeable and a machinist co-worker told me that .7 millimeter is basically tolerance, I've run them without problem or complaint. I even know of forum members on LXForums that run them for racing, which I'm sure is more stress than any driving I'll do.
Thanks for that. I used to run a 4x4” wheel on a 4x100 pattern with PCD’s on my old e30 - never had a problem at all. A lot of the 5x115 mopar wheels I’ve researched (as I do like some of their styles) have too much offset.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
While I too have heard people say it isn't enough to cause a problem and that 0.7mm is basically the tolerance allowed what they maybe forgetting is the tolerance stack. If both bolt circles are allowed to be out say 1mm, but you hub is +1 and the wheel is -1 you are out 2mm. I have thought about trying a set of 114.3 but if I do I think I would pick up PCD correcting nuts to help with the offset.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
Not meaning to hi-jack the thread but I'll just add the only trouble I've ever had (and quite minor) with aftermarket wheels as a whole, not just 114.3 vs 115 is a slight vibration at 70-75mph that was cured in every case by hub centric rings. There was a thread over on LX debating 114.3 vs 115 (one of those subjects that never dies) where the OP asked for evidence or a personal instance of failure due to the bolt pattern. Plenty of folks went back and forth but not a single one showed or told about said failure. LX is a huge community and based on the participation (23 page thread) LOL, I think the OP made his point. Unlike drilled brake rotors where lots of folks will show you stress cracked examples. I simply felt like it was strong evidence of the subject. Opinions we got plenty of and that is perfectly fine because it personal preference, but evidence was in short supply, at least on that forum. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming! :)
(Btw the wheels on my vert are aftermarket, not factory and yes, most Charger /300/ Challenger wheels are +20 offset or so and won't fit my FWD 200 either)

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
For the side marker lights in the front fender, did you get smoked lenses or spray them with tint?

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
Currently running the H&R springs. I do like that front lip. Incidentally I am looking to modify lower grill and reveal the color on the lowest part as @moparsandvettes discovered. Can you share a link for the lip?
Here is the lip: Front Bumper spoiler / skirt / valance For Opel Insignia B 2017+ in Lips / Splitters / Skirts - buy best tuning parts in Protuning.lv store

Here are all of the aero parts that they offer: Opel / Vauxhall Insignia MK2 - tuning parts from ProTuning.lv

Also, how is the ride quality on the H&R springs?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
For the side marker lights in the front fender, did you get smoked lenses or spray them with tint?
those are the smoked ones - got them off fleabay. They have the sequential line flasher - sorta like the Mustang taillight trick.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
It's a tad better - but for the money I'm not sure it's the best bang for the buck. IMO some stiffer dampers AND new springs would make it quite a bit better. The OEM Conti's don't help much either :confused:

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
It's a tad better - but for the money I'm not sure it's the best bang for the buck. IMO some stiffer dampers AND new springs would make it quite a bit better. The OEM Conti's don't help much either :confused:
There are two standalone options for aftermarket dampening for the rear: Bilstein and KYB. The Bilstein are hard to source.

There is nothing other than stock for the front that I can find as a stand alone dampe.

I have been working with H&R on their coilover setup but recently ran into a stumbling block with a stateside vendor ... I am not sure if it is going to work out. I need to rattle a couple cages.

I am now considering the Malibu GM Performance spring set but I am having trouble confirming the axle loading of a 2.0T Malibu to confirm the spring rates aren’t to far off and the ride height expected is delivered. Please keep in mind all of my focus has been on 2WD SBs.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!