Interior overhaul in progress

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
lol yo i havent seen it yet i never got a chance to see it in theaters i cant wait for it to get into theaters lol

btw as for how long the paint will stay on the seats . i dont have much traffic flow with people sitting in my car but our stitching is a white stitching so the paint absorbs really well and if say theres any fading.. which i know from research and my own knowledge that the blue will stay on exactly as bright in 2 years than it does now

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick

i dont know why the camera isnt clear but i cleaned the interior so i got a shot.. it looks better in person

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Nice potato shot.

It actually looks like the thread was that color. I am impressed, I am just curious as to how long it'll hold up without fading.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
i did 3 coats , the first initial . than another a couple days later and than another a couple days after ... our stitching is white so it absorbs the blue really nice ive been on some other forums who have done this and it lasts as long as they have there cars so im not worried

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
Nice potato shot.

imgur classic! Made me laugh wierz, Thanks for that!

our stitching is white so it absorbs the blue really nice

Mr. Mayor,

LOVES IT!!! Great Job on the research and having the balls to DIY!

I like the fact that you include pics on your threads.

May I ask you a few questions?

Thank you Sir!

1. Your leather looks really healthy in all of your pics. (I'm a leather conditioning fiend/ I feel bad for Kranz's drivers seat, we need to help him) My question is what type of cleanser takes the blue overspray/overpaint off of the leather without drying it out?.... Have you cleaned/conditioned your leather after the 3 coats of paint?

2. I remember when you took off the black trim pieces to get them dipped, you said something about marring up the leather on your drivers door a little bit. (is that correct?) Did you fix that? What did you use?

3. What type of struggle happened in your passenger seat to make the seatbelt buckle turn all the way around? (If you can't talk about it,,, I understand);)

4. Was the potato you used for that last picture your GS3? What is your next phone going to be?

Thank You for Your Time,
nizerims

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
4. Was the potato you used for that last picture your GS3? What is your next phone going to be?

It looks like it is of the Russet potato variety :D

In all seriousness, it looks good, and I, too, am curious about the leather conditioner. I just use Meguiar's right now, but I never know what is the best leather conditioner.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
1. LMAO .. i use 303 aerospace protectant... im a big detailer even in the coldest of winter ill take the time to clean my interior , the overpaint can stay on the car for 2 weeks maybe more , i didn't clean my interior fully until 2 weeks after , i cleaned my interior 2 maybe 3 times since the stitching i just spray the seat use my bare hand to spread it let it soak into the leather than spray a healthy amount onto my microfiber rag so it wont absorb all the seat spray and just wipe.. than since our seats are double line stitching .. i just use a Q-Tip to clean inbetween and get the tougher spots so i dont actually wipe away the blue on the stitching ...

http://www.detailedimage.com/303-M2/Aerospace-Protectant-P12/32-oz-S2/

2. i havent fully fixed it .. i dont think i can but i have used a heat gun to try to flatten out the small screwdriver bumps .. but the door panels are textured so using a heat gun will make the area smooth where as the rest is textured but with the CF panels on most is covered up and whatever thats exposed has the leather cleaner on (its an all around interior cleaner) so its hardly noticeable and whatever you do see.. you cant do much about it but its nothing big

3. Yo! thats the way it came people who have sat in the seat have made comments about it but i thought thats how it just was lmao although the seatbelt is always cockeyed lmao

4 i actually broke my GS3 on new years i was drunk and i slammed it on the table saying i dont care about this phone ill just buy a new one lmao.. i currently use the Nexus 5 because i need an unlocked phone for my Tmobile plan ($30 dollars .. 100 min , unlimited LTE and unlimited text) i dont talk much on the phone and technically i have no cell phone bill ..

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
It looks like it is of the Russet potato variety :D

In all seriousness, it looks good, and I, too, am curious about the leather conditioner. I just use Meguiar's right now, but I never know what is the best leather conditioner.

Despite the jokes of some member on this forum about how i use walmart leather mats ( lol ) i make sure i buy the best and that 303 cleaner is the best .. ive used it to detailed my parents car .. ive been complimented about how my interior looks better than in the show room

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
I'm pretty sure your leather is from a few of those "Barely Legal" cows .

Fix the DAMN seatbelt. It's Wrong, It's just wrong....

Way To Go, Drunk Guy!!!!!

I'll take some of that heat off of you and say, "I shop at Wal-mart all the time" and I don't give a WHAT.
It's the only place OPEN when I get out of work. (I do find it funny that you always leave a link in your posts!)

You knew what "Ace of Spades" was, Your OK in my book!

Last edited:

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership

I'm just playin' Mr. Mayor.

Your leather does look good. I'll try 303 this summer.

I wasn't joking when I said I shop @Walmart. The X-mas lights you see in that picture,,, I copped them shits at Waly-World. That same night I also purchased; an avocado, gorilla glue, disposable paper oil funnels, bacon jerky, a Venus flytrap, 13 pairs of work socks, lead-free silver solder, 2 birthday cards, a small tank of helium, a Beta fish, a can of baby corn, and an air filter for my lawnmower.. All of this at 5:am. . . Ya gotta love murica!

7 different shades of black in that pic, because of MY potato camera.

........My Super Secret K5 Hiding Spot in the GS................

......Under the Cup Holder Insert....

I keep a key in there(not the FOB), but I think It would also be a nice place to keep some emergency cash, or whatever

Go here if your bored----> http://buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34641 ..... It's a damn ghost town when you leave the 2011+ Regal forum.. People don't even answer Sal Collaziano's posts!

Last edited:

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
dude are you a comedian or something lmfao

holy shit you crack me up! no joke man

thats actually really cool to have that cutout under the cup holder no one knows to look under that

i took another proper pic of the seats

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
That cut out is to re program your key.... But don't take that to the bank
It is also where you have to put your key fob to start your car if the battery goes completely dead in the fob. Use the flip-out key to get into the car, put the fob in that little spot to run the car.

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
It is also where you have to put your key fob to start your car if the battery goes completely dead in the fob. Use the flip-out key to get into the car, put the fob in that little spot to run the car.

Or if there is some kind of interference with the fob. Happened to my wife last year. She went to a store, parked near the door and said the car wouldn't start. Called ONstar and they told her to put the fob there, BINGO! Car started fine after that.

Last edited:

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership

GREAT JOB Mr. Mayor.
(I wish my leather was that clean right now)

There are 2 keyless entry antennas in our cars. One is directly under that cup holder and the other is just behind the back seats (in the trunk) under the carpet.

This is the one in the trunk..

Get your turbo buick badge right here!