• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

Are you excited about the Buick Cascada?

• Yup

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Nope

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
I would like to see this in hardtop Astra version sold alongside the Cascada. Convertibles are very niche.

Preferably with performance engine and suspension.

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Opel sold some Astras with sports engines and suspensions made to compete with the VW GTI.

Regardless, GM sold Opel/Vauxhall and withdrew from Europe so I don't expect us to see more cool Euro cars coming from Buick. . .

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Kinda weird that GM doesn't own Opel anymore, but Opel still builds the Regal for them.

I'm wondering about the next generation of Regal and how it might be more American than European (and that's a good thing !)

Buick Need to build a Regal with a blown V8 or at least a turbo V6.
I'd trade my Regal in a heartbeat !

kurtp13

Buick Ownership
Cascada
I own one now and love it. Convertibles are always a compromise but worth it to some folks (myself included). The most amazing feature is the speed of the top mechanism and the ability to operate it at speed. If you own a convertible, you know that the weather can turn in the worst possible times. Being able to confidently operate it at stop lights and be sure that you won't block traffic is great. So I get the slams, there are some features I would have liked. But I really don't care in my own scale of priorities.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I guess the answer is Nope.

On October 6, 2018, PSE announced that it is ending production on the Cascada after its cycle ends in 2019, citing slow and declining sales. There are no plans for a replacement. Concurrently, the end of the Cascada will also be discontinued by Buick and likewise will not offer a successor.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
Chiming in 4 years later on this topic...

Don't hate it. Don't Love it. Radically Raked Windshield is its best Attribute..
Bigger Funky Styled Wheels help it out..

With only 1.4 engine, that's a turn off..
It gives off an old, out of rental service Chrysler LeBarron / Sebring Convertible sorta Vibe.

I want to like it, but feel like it has a Female " Mid Life Crisis " stigma attached to it.
And.. a whole Asian Opel - Non-American Buickness to it..

Perhaps in far distant future when every car on the road is Cross-Over-Electricish Homoginized Cookie Cutter looking thing on the Roadscape....
Then the Cascada just might find its niche' as a cool Buick Car worthy of the Tri-Shield.

Keeping an open mind, who knows, these things might be potential future collectible classics ?

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
I guess the answer is Nope.

On October 6, 2018, PSE announced that it is ending production on the Cascada after its cycle ends in 2019, citing slow and declining sales. There are no plans for a replacement. Concurrently, the end of the Cascada will also be discontinued by Buick and likewise will not offer a successor.
Unfortunately the Cascada is dead Bhodi [quoted the prior post]. Agree on all your observations, many of them explain why it failed along with a general malaise in the sedan market. My biggest gripe is the engine, a car that's supposed to be fun needs a fun drivetrain.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
10-4 on the nail in the coffin, understood it's dead.

Like most Buicks, I'd be looking down the road for low milage used one driven by a little old lady....

Might be a fun little beer run getter, beach blanket crusier...

Plenty of Options and Choices in Bhodi Family Fleet to swap out for a Cascada down the road..
Got a "Convertible" now ^ that can also give the thrills on the sand and in the the snow....
Can always grab the keys to the Kiddie Cruiser ^ with minimal complaints since I funded it...

But for most days as of late.... Enjoying the new Buick

Tom L. (Houston)

Buick Ownership
Opel Cascada
NOPE! The Opel Cascada is made in Poland. It’s not a Buick... it’s not an American car. Does Buick make ANY cars in the USA? Every feature of this Opel Cascada is bland and falls short. WTH - No garage door opener!? The quality of the GPS map is inferior to my 12-year old $100 handheld GPS! The “GPS map TRAFFIC” feature is grossly inferior to the Nav Traffic system on my 11-year old 2008 Jeep. The convertible-top partition in the trunk that comes down when you lower the top has flimsy-cheap-plastic hinges that broke the first month I had the car. Within the first week after I bought this car new I tried to return it to the dealer. I wish instead that I had bought a 1-year old Mercedes or BMW convertible, for the same money. RESULT: It will be a Long Time before I buy another GM vehicle.

abuelalynn

Buick Ownership
Cascada
I'm definitely excited about the Cascada making it to the U.S. and will probably trade my Camaro Convertible in toward one. However, it definitely will not be the 1st U.S. model year in hopes that they'll fit a slightly more powerful 4 cylinder engine and offer more colors.

This car has been on the market for the past 2-3 years in Europe and elsewhere and they're being offered in a burgundy, light blue and metallic light / lime green. As of now, there will only be 4 -5 colors offered in the U.S. for the 1st MY. That MUST change! Other GM offers as many as 12(!) colors on some models such as the 2016 Camaro, Impala, et al.
Love mine, blue, black top, fast, cool! Great handling!

tmorness

Buick Ownership
Cascada
Bought my Buick Cascada in 2017 new, Love it!
Waited until 2019 to let my 2006 Chrysler Sebring go, for that car has given me many enjoyable miles of cross country trips from coast to coast without breakdowns, vary trustworthy car.
I feel comfortable that this Cascada is going to be the car for our future travels and surprisingly the trunk is more spacious than some other convertibles out there.

Pedal Commander