just bought a 2008 lacrosse super

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lacrosse and now 2008 Buick Lacrosse Super
The GNX was world class car at the time, acceleration wise. The Super is quick for sure, but nowhere near the relative superiority of the GNX at the time.

More importantly they are coupes. There are plenty of coupes and convertibles that end up valuable from GNX's to 1979 Firebirds.

There just aren't any sedans. People who pay big bucks for nostalgia want the cars they dreamed about as kids. Those always are 2 doors.

The only sedans built since muscle car era ended that have collector value I can think of are some Aston Martins, early M5s, and some AMG Hammers from Mercedes (before MB bought AMG), and perhaps the big 6.3L merc sedans of the 1970s.

That's a lot of years, and a lot of cars. Sedans just aren't typically collector material. Perhaps the Super bucks that trend. I'd just be more inclined to make that bet with a Caddy XLR-V.
The B body Caprice/cadillac fleetwood/roadmaster and oldsmobile cruisers are already a classic! In fact the impala ss is also a classic now! Only the 1996 is more desirable due to the floor shifter as opposed to the column mounted shifter. Also the same can be had for mercury marauders from 2003-04' but due to poor sales that idea has gone away since not many were made and not alot of people had them per se but they are still around and hard to find! Dealer lots have them in excellent condition @ 12-16k! Others are run down and beat to hell and worth maybe 5-6 grand. This would apply to any impala ss from 1994-96'.

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse CX, (2008, 3800 Series III V6 ); previously: Regal Custom coupe (1992, 3800 Series I V6)
Plan on weekly car washes during the snowy (and salty) winter to keep it that way. Plus 2 or 3 thorough hand wax jobs spread out through the year.

Thanks for those photos. It's an attractive vehicle. The 2008 and 2009 grille kicked up the looks of this model run.

They fit that 5.3 V8 in there fairly snugly. You've easily got over 50% more horsepower than my base model. I wonder if the transmission is a slightly different one to handle the V8 than the 4T65E that runs behind the base V6s.

Looks like you have a neighbor with a LaCrosse. Looks like a 2005-2007 in base form. And it looks to be in fairly good shape, too.

Enjoy the smooth purr of your V8. I learned to drive on those and my first car had one. But after that one, I've only had sixes.

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Plan on weekly car washes during the snowy (and salty) winter to keep it that way. Plus 2 or 3 thorough hand wax jobs spread out through the year.

Thanks for those photos. It's an attractive vehicle. The 2008 and 2009 grille kicked up the looks of this model run.

They fit that 5.3 V8 in there fairly snugly. You've easily got over 50% more horsepower than my base model. I wonder if the transmission is a slightly different one to handle the V8 than the 4T65E that runs behind the base V6s.

Looks like you have a neighbor with a LaCrosse. Looks like a 2005-2007 in base form. And it looks to be in fairly good shape, too.

Enjoy the smooth purr of your V8. I learned to drive on those and my first car had one. But after that one, I've only had sixes.
It is a beauty to enjoy! As for car washes it'll be hand washed by me and meticulously detailed and kept clean throughout once a week. It has aftermarket exhaust, cold air intake headers and i believe a tune and fully undercoated and has ZERO rust but has some minor chips and scratches but overall a sharp car. It also puts out 325-335HP to the wheels! I'm impressed! As for the blue lacrosse that is actually my other car that im selling LOL. It's been a good car minus an accident last year and i repaired it myself. The hood does not match but yes that one is going away. It's an 05 CX base. I may consider buying another car to be a daily driver and store the lacrosse super in the winter time. But it may even be another lacrosse CX or CXL. We shall see! The trans in the lacrosse super/ grand prix GXP/Impala SS & Monte SS all come equipped with the 4T65-E Hydra-matic HD. only issue is the LS4 V8's will eat up these transmissions and are only rated to handle 280ft pounds of torque and not 323ft pounds in the stock 5.3 that puts out 300HP. You would have to have a shift kit and some mods to beef up the transmission.

Swamy

Buick Ownership
2009 Lacrosse Super
Alright here's an update! I have sucessfully bought this baby the other night! From a younger dude about my age out in the booneys (grass lake twp mi) got for a steal @ $6,250 and drove it! This baby by all means looks showroom clean minus some little dings/scratches and absolutely ZERO rust. Immaculate interior, freshly cleaned and detailed. 35% window tint all the way around! Original floormats unique to the super! Two sets of keys, magnaflow exhausts/headers/ (can't think of the name lol) CAI tune, pushes easily between 325-335hp! Undercoated/debadged except for the "super" emblem on the rear deck lid. Also has the trunk floor lined with sound deadening for the exhausts! Pics to follow below!!
Wow, congrats. I just bought mine today and ended up paying $6300 as well. How are you liking it after 8 months?

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just bought myself a 2008 lacrosse super yesterday. Man what a car!

I feel very lucky, I didnt know what it was till after I bought it. I thought it was a sharp looking car, so I made a deal and drove it home. What blows my mind is the fact that only 2277 were even made it 2008 (only 139 in 2009)and I found one completely by accident! I bought it to be a work car, but now that I know how rare it is, I feel I should put it into the garage and only drive it once a month! I borrowed money to buy it and it looks like Ill have to go get a beater for work instead!

For those who asked about supers, Ill tell you all about it.

PROS.
1) OMFG does this baby run!!!
2)The handleing is fantasic
3)Looks so good I would marry it if I could find a way to make it legal!
4)It quiet has a tomb even at highway speeds. No rattles, wind noise....NOTHING but the sweet roar of the small block purring away!
5)Did I mention it runs good?

CONS
1) I am spoiled by my park ave. and got very used to automatic wipers, which the super does not have.
2)No HUD....which is weird for a car like this...it wasnt even a option. Once you drive a car with it its kinda hard to go back.
3)rear seats arent heated, much to my wife's misforture cause she didnt like to cold leather on her ass when we broke the back seat in! (she got over it quick)

Now for the rest....

Its black (the most common on this uncommon car)
It has the sun roof
It has the good wheels.
It doesnt have the in dash CD changer (doesnt bother me much cause CD's are on the way out anyway)
Gas milage is pretty good (if you stay off the peddle, which can be hard to do) gets about 19 around town and 27 on the highway.
The salesman told me it was sitting on the lot for 6 months, which is a shock considering what it is.
Has 33277 miles on it.
Found it in central PA.....which means in the middle of no-where!

Any one has a questions feel free tp ask, Ill answer them the best I can.
I believe yours has a very reliable GM V8 used it many trucks. Not that Northstar piece of trouble? Or do you have the reliable 3.8 series 3? My next car will be a Toyota. I hate GM. Why? Because when they have good stuff they seem to ditch it?

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Wow, congrats. I just bought mine today and ended up paying $6300 as well. How are you liking it after 8 months?
Its been great minus a few issues that needed to be fixed! Been great ever since, 127k on it now!

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse CX, (2008, 3800 Series III V6 ); previously: Regal Custom coupe (1992, 3800 Series I V6)
I'm guessing that any trim level of '08 LaCrosse in excellent condition, with all maintenance records, and with 125,000 miles or less should be able to get at least/around $5,000 sold private party. It might not happen in the blink of an eye, but a transaction might eventually take place.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!