no remote detected/ no response at all

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I wonder how many of these errors could be solved by changing the fob's battery? That's what I did 6-12 months ago when my Verano gave me this error and it's worked fine since.

I disagree with Kevin's stance on keyless entry - I've found it to be a boon and another reason I'm glad I have this car. I don't have to stand there fishing the keys out of a pocket when it's 5º or 95º, or when I want to load or unload items to or from the cabin.

Fobs themselves have been a part of the driving routine for me since 1997; I'm used to them and this one has a much greater range than any of my previous ones.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
I don't have a problem with the Remote Key Less Entry that has been around for well over 20 years, and yes I get the convenience of it. My 1994 Corvette has Remote FOB sensing for the alarm system and automatic locking and unlocking of the car. However, it is "buggy" and can be an annoyance if milling around outside the car, because the car keeps locking and unlocking itself.

I just don't see the need for the key less electronic push button starting, which is what people are really having a problem with. And yes some people may like it or even love it, until it's the middle of night, you're in BFE, and the damn car won't sense your key fob.

As a side note, I do agree that some of these problems may be associated with a weak battery in the remote. However...., my 2013 Verano actually gave me a warning message on the DIC that the battery in my remote was getting weak and should be replaced (I forget the exact wording). The car still started fine, and the message disappeared once the car was running. The message reappeared every time I started the car, so after a few days I replaced the battery, and the warning message stopped appearing.

Are the people who are having remote problems not getting this weak fob battery warning message?
Am I the only that has gotten this message?

Last edited:

Ana

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
If you change your key fob battery will you have to reprogram the key at a dealership?
I changed Mine and it still doesn't work, I have to put it in the hidden compartment in the cup holder every time I use it and drive with it saying "no remote detected", but once it starts it won't stop even with that warning. I took it back to the dealer and They couldn't figure it out, it's stupid and I'm stuck with it. Hopefully Yours is something simple like changing the battery like some of these People. Good luck

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
If you change your key fob battery will you have to reprogram the key at a dealership?
Short answer is, NO, since you are using the same FOB.

Just as a clarification for anybody reading this thread.
If you replace a FOB or want to add an additional key FOB.
You do not program or re-program the new FOB.
You do have to "program" the car to recognize and accept the new FOB.

Semantics.... but there is a difference...

MagD

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I see this is happening for others. I had the 'No Fob Detected' problem twice, three weeks apart, parked in the identical parking space. In between parking in this particular space in this particular parking lot, I had no problems and no problems since.

Both times it happened I had to have OnStar unlock the car, then start it with the key fob in the compartment under the cup holder.

Both times I had met up with a friend to walk on a trail. She has a Regal too, same year, and her car started with no problem. It was nice to have a warm, dry place from which to call OnStar.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.