• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

no remote detected/ no response at all

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I wonder how many of these errors could be solved by changing the fob's battery? That's what I did 6-12 months ago when my Verano gave me this error and it's worked fine since.

I disagree with Kevin's stance on keyless entry - I've found it to be a boon and another reason I'm glad I have this car. I don't have to stand there fishing the keys out of a pocket when it's 5º or 95º, or when I want to load or unload items to or from the cabin.

Fobs themselves have been a part of the driving routine for me since 1997; I'm used to them and this one has a much greater range than any of my previous ones.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
I don't have a problem with the Remote Key Less Entry that has been around for well over 20 years, and yes I get the convenience of it. My 1994 Corvette has Remote FOB sensing for the alarm system and automatic locking and unlocking of the car. However, it is "buggy" and can be an annoyance if milling around outside the car, because the car keeps locking and unlocking itself.

I just don't see the need for the key less electronic push button starting, which is what people are really having a problem with. And yes some people may like it or even love it, until it's the middle of night, you're in BFE, and the damn car won't sense your key fob.

As a side note, I do agree that some of these problems may be associated with a weak battery in the remote. However...., my 2013 Verano actually gave me a warning message on the DIC that the battery in my remote was getting weak and should be replaced (I forget the exact wording). The car still started fine, and the message disappeared once the car was running. The message reappeared every time I started the car, so after a few days I replaced the battery, and the warning message stopped appearing.

Are the people who are having remote problems not getting this weak fob battery warning message?
Am I the only that has gotten this message?

Last edited:

Ana

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
If you change your key fob battery will you have to reprogram the key at a dealership?
I changed Mine and it still doesn't work, I have to put it in the hidden compartment in the cup holder every time I use it and drive with it saying "no remote detected", but once it starts it won't stop even with that warning. I took it back to the dealer and They couldn't figure it out, it's stupid and I'm stuck with it. Hopefully Yours is something simple like changing the battery like some of these People. Good luck

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
If you change your key fob battery will you have to reprogram the key at a dealership?
Short answer is, NO, since you are using the same FOB.

Just as a clarification for anybody reading this thread.
If you replace a FOB or want to add an additional key FOB.
You do not program or re-program the new FOB.
You do have to "program" the car to recognize and accept the new FOB.

Semantics.... but there is a difference...

MagD

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I see this is happening for others. I had the 'No Fob Detected' problem twice, three weeks apart, parked in the identical parking space. In between parking in this particular space in this particular parking lot, I had no problems and no problems since.

Both times it happened I had to have OnStar unlock the car, then start it with the key fob in the compartment under the cup holder.

Both times I had met up with a friend to walk on a trail. She has a Regal too, same year, and her car started with no problem. It was nice to have a warm, dry place from which to call OnStar.

KSASA

Buick Ownership
Envision
This is the 3rd time it's happened with my 2016 Envision. The other two times, it eventually started (after 10-15 minutes). I found this information online: "The Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) can lock-up and become unresponsive due to multiple signals being received in a short time span. This condition will be cleared by the BCM once 5 minutes has passed and normal operation will return."
So far it's not working for me. I waited 15 minutes and it still doesn't start. It's been about 30 minutes altogether and I can't get it started.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
To KSASA, have you replaced the battery in your Key FOB? Do you only have one Key FOB? If not, try switching and using the other one to see if that remedies anything.

I also wonder if "reprogramming" the car to your Key FOB(s) might solve this problem.
I guess its also possible you have a faulty FOB and a new one might be in order.
Note that if getting a new FOB, then the car will need to be programmed to recognize it.

Am I the only one that just wished I had a regular old key to start my car?
Keyless Push Button Start - a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

Jpollard1954

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse
As the title indicates sometimes I get a no remote detected on the DIC, but there is more to this story. This has happened 3 times now. I try to open my driver's side door by just lifting the handle, but no response. Then I try using the key fob. Still no response. So I use the key. Of course the alarm his off so I push the door open on the key fob and the alarm stops. So I get in my car and try to start it and there is no response. As if everything is dead. The horn works and the key fob responds but no start, not even accessory mode. So I try to reprogram my key fob but the car won't go into program mode. So I wait an hour or 2 and the car starts no problem. But then I get a no remote detected on the DIC, even with both fobs in the car. I have changed the batteries so I can eliminate that. there is no chargers or ez pass responders in the car so that is not it. this has happened to me 3 times in different locations that the car has been many many times so I know it is not unusual interference. twice I have taken it for service but they tell me if they cannot duplicate the problem they cannot fix it. there was a code oh the computer, I don't remember the code, that by definition says "no remote detected" . I have been in contact with customer support and have escalated this all the way to trying to get GM to buy out the car from me. that was denied. now they are telling me there is nothing else they can do for me unless they can duplicate the problem. I see this as a safety issue which was stressed to them because what would happen if my car stopped detecting the fobs while I was driving on a highway. Can anyone help me with this? thank you everyone
My name is Joyce Pollard, I’m in Monroe, La, I have a 2016 Buick LaCrosse in which I bought brand new and I am presently having this problem with remote not detected. I am unable to start my car with the push button start. I took it to the dealer and they had my car all day until they closed and still couldn’t find the problem. I’ll bring it back to them on Monday morning to try to find the problem again. Can you give me any suggestions?

G-18149

To KSASA, have you replaced the battery in your Key FOB? Do you only have one Key FOB? If not, try switching and using the other one to see if that remedies anything.

I also wonder if "reprogramming" the car to your Key FOB(s) might solve this problem.
I guess its also possible you have a faulty FOB and a new one might be in order.
Note that if getting a new FOB, then the car will need to be programmed to recognize it.

Has anyone ever gotten the message Service Keyless start system seems like my car is hesitating on cranking up and I haven’t even had this car a year ? I’m so frustrating because the dealers wants to charge a 167 dollars to put on diagnostic machine and no telling how ever much else they wanna charge to fix it.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
Has anyone ever gotten the message Service Keyless start system seems like my car is hesitating on cranking up and I haven’t even had this car a year ? I’m so frustrating because the dealers wants to charge a 167 dollars to put on diagnostic machine and no telling how ever much else they wanna charge to fix it.
Nope, never have seen that message.

The only message I have seen regarding the Keyless Start was a warning on the DIC that said something like... "Key Fob Battery Low". The car still started fine. I replaced the battery in the FOB and the message went away. Knock wood but I have not had any issues with my Keyless Start.

My Brother however has a 2017 Encore and has had the "FOB Not Detected" message a couple of times when trying to start the vehicle. It has only occurred while he was at work and trying to leave for lunch. He just skipped lunch, went out later, tried again and it started fine. He is assuming that it was some kind of temporary signal interference in the same frequency as the Keyless Start. In his case it was only an inconvenience, but if you needed your vehicle in an emergency, then it becomes a real problem.