• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

OnStar announcement - connected to limited services

landsharkmz3

Things like feature updates, recalls, etc should all be done with notification and acknowledgement. Those can also be delay or opted out. Changes that are intended to be invisible can be done without acknowledgement. For example, if they need a little firmware update to maintain connectivity (like carrier information), then they will not notify.

trflesher

2018 Buick Regal Sportback
That actually depends on whether "They" want you to know or not.
Seriously.
I would agree with @Idano on this one @Ctrcbob ... much like with "regular computers" there are ways to run silent installs in the background that, in theory, no one knows about other than if they are able to check version of software, and then there are ways to let the informational messages come through that an install is complete .. so it really can depend on if they want you to know or not ... or if they don't want you to know but the silent install errors in some way, then you may still get to know. :)

FavaBean

DE
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The message played again about a week ago. Therefore, it's been an 8 month interval since I last got the message.

Wag0n

2018 Regal TourX Essence | 2019 Envision Essence
I've got this message twice now, once when I first deactivated OnStar and then several months later randomly. I had thought about giving OnStar a second chance after my last issues with them, but once that message came across with passengers in my vehicle on a business trip, I will never use OnStar again.

One of my passengers freaked out thinking the car was unsafe because of how the message is worded and spoken. These are the kind of small details that GM keeps failing on that build up and send people to shop competitors.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have 22.9 downloaded by dealer.
Still have Audio (SXM) presets graying out.
We are not on the same boat. I got an even older one. 🤪
At least, we know there is a 22.10 out there and it could be coming soon.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!