• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TourX Exhaust Options from Germany

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1990 Lincoln LSC SE)
I put Magnaflow on a 98 Regal,.. It sounded great, but a little droney. Obviously cause it's got no baffles,. just straight through. I still have that muffler somewhere and last time I saw it, it looks almost new with many tens of thousands of miles on it.
Build quality is top notch !

But now, I kinda really like the super quiet muffs on my current Regal.
I was sitting at a stop light the other day noticing how boring all the cars driving by sounded. The only thing that sounded decent and made me turn my head to take a look was an old beater Chevy pickup that must have had a 350!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
That sounds similar to one I posted a while back
It would give you the best of both worlds, quiet for cruising and a little noise when you want. For me it would be the perfect solution since wagons are more likely to experience drone.
Even with the valve off, that still sounds kind of loud to my taste.
Wondering how loud would it sound like inside the cabin, considering the wagon's cargo area acts as a resonator.
I do like how it sounds outside with the valve on and wish there is a switch to control that.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I was thinking of using the switches in front of the shifter to control the valve. I was hoping the other unused switches could be wired up and possibly set to two different positions, one fully open and one half open. Then you could fine tune the sound based on what you are doing. Problem is I can only find mufflers with bypasses that use their box to control them with little remotes. I was planning on taking the mufflers off this summer just to hear what it would sound like, if it isn't too bad I may just have cutouts installed before the muffler rather than changing them. That would keep it 100% stock sound when you want to.

768mph

Buick Ownership
Looking to purchase a Regal Tourx
I have been toying with an idea that may allow more flow and tone down any “unwanted” sounds. Ive used this setup on previous full bolt on (FBO) and tuned V8s (G8 GT and SS sedans.)
I like the sleeper aspect of vehicles.

Proposed:
-2.5” pipe from cat
-dynomax bullet 12” long (middle)
- two Hooker Maxflow mufflers (rear)
Both with turn downs like stock location.

Should flow nicely and “Should” kill any drone associated. 🤔

EDIT:I have many different exhaust combos from different vehilces (ive owned) on my YouTube channel 768mph1

Car: 2002 Regal 3.8
Here is an example of Hooker Maxflows with Magnaflow resonator BUT has catless downpipe. So itll be louder than my set up.
Listen to how DEEP and “quiet” it is even with no cats. Should be a smooth system.

Last edited:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Why 2.5? I think stock pipe is 3". I don't know much about exhaust tuning but I would be reluctant to go more restrictive.

768mph

Buick Ownership
Why 2.5? I think stock pipe is 3". I don't know much about exhaust tuning but I would be reluctant to go more restrictive.

My 2019 Ram has 3” exhaust factory and looking under my Tourx doesnt appear to be 3”. Looks more like 2.5” (Maybe 2.75”).

But i will not go to 3” due to not modifying this like my previous cars (plan on another Bike purchase) and just want this as a nice strong DD wagon. If i were planning going past tune, drop in and “catback” exhaust, I would.

I want to keep the exhaust velocity similar due to many reasons. Besides, not sure if the rear mufflers are baffled, but almost sure they are and replacing with straight through mufflers will assist flow by themselves. Im sure the middle resonator is straight through.

Question is: do the stock resonator and rear mufflers crimp within? 2.5” to 2.0”. Many manufacturers do this to control exhaust velocity and tune out drone.

Last edited:

768mph

Buick Ownership
Worse comes to worse, I can explore the possibilities of getting an “older Regal 2.0” Magnaflow catback and modify it to fit. I may add another resonator due to wanting it quieter than this video portrays.

Again, I like thesleeper status.

But I feel the options others have posted, as well as RedX, sound better overall. But im sure we can make something that sounds similar thatll cost a fraction of the price.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
All of the exhaust options listed in the OP link are 76mm or 3" and I seem to recall measuring that a while back.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
I am thinking to replace my TourX mufflers with these aftermarket performance mufflers with a resonator delete. Straight through perforated cores for the highest flow possible. The sound is a deep rumble that isn't annoying and doesn't sound like a lawnmower. A minor improvement in the exhaust note and appearance.

1598996959779.png

Specification:
  • Overall Length: 12 inch
  • Body Shape: Round
  • Body Length: 9.5 inch
  • Body Diameter: 4 inch
  • Inlet Diameter: 2.5 inch
  • Outlet Diameter: 2.5 inch
  • Inlet & Outlet Connection Type: Pipe connection
  • Muffler Material: Stainless Steel
1598997167925.png

1598996322962.png

Inspired by Insignia's GSi sound

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
With that in mind, removing the muffler to create a muffler delete system will make the vehicle louder. How loud? It depends on the type of engine. This is subjective, but some people love the sound of a muffler delete. There’s just something about a straight pipe that gives your ride a powerful rumble. But one thing is for sure: removing the muffler is enough to wake up your neighbors in the morning as you start the vehicle.

In newer model cars, removing the stock muffler will result in dire consequences and often cause the check engine light or malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) to come on. Cutting off or removing the muffler in a modern car will make the ECU and exhaust sensors go wild. The result Less performance and poor idling.

1599000359872.png

1599000417382.png

Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Remember this was a $25K car,at least for a few well timed purchases. Stock exhaust works fine.

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
With that in mind, removing the muffler to create a muffler delete system will make the vehicle louder. How loud? It depends on the type of engine. This is subjective, but some people love the sound of a muffler delete. There’s just something about a straight pipe that gives your ride a powerful rumble. But one thing is for sure: removing the muffler is enough to wake up your neighbors in the morning as you start the vehicle.

In newer model cars, removing the stock muffler will result in dire consequences and often cause the check engine light or malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) to come on. Cutting off or removing the muffler in a modern car will make the ECU and exhaust sensors go wild. The result Less performance and poor idling.

View attachment 25414

View attachment 25415

Yeah that’s just wrong. There are no valves or sensors after the cat on our cars. Lobbing off the mufflers will not do anything besides change sound. Performance is debatable given that our cars are turbo sand restricted by the down pipe.

Aracan

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
The proper way to tune your exhaust sound:
There is also an Opel example :LOL:

Get your turbo buick badge right here!