What did you do to your Regal today?

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Do you have an estimate for the rear fender panel repair? That's painful looking. :confused:
Sorry - should have taken a pic of the other side!
Fixing the rear panel gouge has not been a priority for me yet - I have had so many other issues since I bought this car in 2018. First I had to replace all 4 tires, then fix a front bumper I damaged on a curb, replace the front headlight assemblies, and then replace the wheels and tires. It has not really been a "fun ride" for me.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Premium I - 2.0L Turbo
This is the bad part about buying a used car.
You just never know for sure what exactly you'll find that needs fixed after you buy.

I purchased my Regal in August of 2019 and I needed a Battery and the Drivers Side Heated
Seat fixed right away in October.

The Two Rims on the Drivers Side are damaged, curb rash, one has a couple chunks taken out of it.
Who ever owned my car before me loved those curbs.
Replacing the Rims has been on my list for over a year and I still haven't gotten them replaced.
They aren't having a problem holding air, so it's not a high priority, yet!
I might get around to them in early Spring of 2021?
I can pick up New Rims that match the Stock Rims for about $80ea. shipped, but I think I want a nicer set.
I will purchase a couple if needed before spring!

Then there was the almost $3000 for the Strut, Strut Mounts, Stabilizer Links and an Oil Pan Leak, but this
was all covered by the warranty I purchased when buying my Regal!
I did pay $2700 for the Warranty, so guess it's paid for itself and I still have 2 more years on the warranty.

These were thing that really didn't need to be done!
I did pay close to $1000 to upgrade the HMI and Radio Module so I'd have Car Play and Android Auto.
There were also the little things I did like changing the Headlights, Fog Lights and DRL's to LED Lights.
I also changed the Puddle Lights to the Buick Emblem Puddle Lights.
I hanged the Pedals, adding the matching Dead Pedal.

Anyway, sure hope things get better for you with your Regal.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Had a really nice day today and decided to give my car a good cleaning.
Took quite a while to get it all done, but it was well worth it!

Washed
Dried
Wiped Down the Interior
Vacuumed
Wiped down the Door Jams and Doors
Armor All'ed Tires
Waxed
Applied Rain-X to the Windows

BTW, In Mid-April in this post I talked about my wife's 2013 GMC Terrain with a 2.4L and it Burning Oil.
Well, the study is finally complete and her SUV goes in on Thursday to have the Piston and Rings Replaced.
They will look over the engine and repair any damage that may have been caused by it Burning Oil when it's there this week.

Last edited:

Delton

Sacramento, California
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS AWD w/ Trifecta Tune Previously: 2012 Buick Regal Premium I
Been on a roll, exploring the Portland, OR area as I just recently moved from NorCal. Visited what's thought to be the longest active railroad trestle in the US, Holcomb Creek Trestle. PXL_20201016_190417948.jpg

DjDom2011

Highland,IN
Buick Ownership
Regal CXL
Well, here she is in her new clothes! Crazy to see what she looked like in September to now. I have BC Coilovers and a few other things to install,but shes about done,for now. Oh,I bought a Maxton GS splitter to replace the universal one that's on it now.Have a Kenwood head unit with all Skar Audio speakers,amps and subs too.Hope yall like it? The only red Regal in my state,that I know of anyway. 20210122_041607.jpg 20210122_041307.jpg 20210122_041241.jpg 20210122_041224.jpg 20210122_041207.jpg

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Malo83,
Sure wish you'd stop posting Pictures of your GS in Black Cherry Metallic. ;)
I just absolutely love that color!

A Local Dealership has a 2017 Buick Regal Premium II in that Black Cherry Metallic
and seeing yours is really tempting me to go over and see what kind of deal I could
make with them.
It's a 1 Owner Car with 39,110 miles, a bit pricy at $19,175.
I'm sure it includes a good Warranty and Car Washes for life!

Sure could use those Car Washes right now, too cold outside to wash my car myself and
there's just so much Salt on our roads.
We still have about a foot of snow on the ground although it is starting to melt.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
The Sun was out and we did manage to get up to around 46° today so I decided to
go outside and play.
I vacuumed my wife's 2013 GMC Terrain out then moved on to my 2015 Regal.
My Regal wasn't that dirty inside but I did sweep a few areas .

After sweeping both cars I took my wife's SUV to the Dealership for a washing, she has
free washes for life.
Looks like everyone else had the same idea, the line was pretty long and it was about a
45 minute wait in line.
After the wash I pulled over into the Dealerships lot, then took my Detail Towel and wiped
her SUV down, removing all the exterior drips.
I opened the doors and tailgate and wiped down the door frame so the doors wouldn't
freeze shut tonight.

Finally I was home grabbing my Regal, off to the Car Wash.
I had to go to a good local Car Wash and not the Dealership, I don't have Free Car Washes. :(
I got thru this car wash much quicker, only took about 10 minutes.
Got the Underbody wash to get all that nasty salt off!
I pulled over into the Parking lot and wiped my car down just like I did with my wife's.
The Sun was gone and the clouds had moved in before I even got my car to the car wash.
With the wind blowing it surely wasn't feeling like it was 46°.

Boy, both vehicles look so much better after a good wash!

Last edited:

rbell2915

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6MT
Working on replacing the front speakers. Hopefully I'll get that finished up on Sunday. Bought another pair of speaker adapters for the rear doors. Hoping to get that done next weekend. I'll also be adding some tweeters to the back doors as well.

rbell2915

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6MT
Finished installing the speakers, definitely sounds a lot better considering that the right front was blown previously. I also washed it and installed the spare tire kit.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Malo83,
Hope you realize that I was joking about not posting more pics of your Regal GS?
I also love seeing those Palm Trees and Sunshine, neither of which we have here!

We did make it up to 63° here yesterday, but today we are back down under 40°.
We also had some Snow Flurries earlier this afternoon.
The flurries were happening while I was over at that Dealership looking at the 2017
Regal Premium II in Black Cherry Metallic.
At the Dealership is was marked at $18,225 instead of the $19,175 it is online.
I was really having trouble telling that it was the Black Cherry Metallic with our overcast skies.
Like my car (Dark Sapphire Metallic), it too looked Black!

rbell2915

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6MT
Replaced the HK speakers in the rear doors with some JBL components I had in the closet from a previous car. It sounds so much better and more clear. I also ordered CDT subs to replace the ones I have right now that are blown out.

PXL_20210306_204319169.jpg

luke_dubs

Macedonia, Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
I rotated my tires today at home. I also did sustain a minor injury while trying to take off a lug nut on the back passenger tire.

Somehow I broke my lug wrench, and that forced all my momentum, nose first, into the rear fender, right above the wheelwell. o_O:LOL:

My eyes watered a bit after that one, lol. Somehow there was no blood.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
I rotated my tires today at home. I also did sustain a minor injury while trying to take off a lug nut on the back passenger tire.

Somehow I broke my lug wrench, and that forced all my momentum, nose first, into the rear fender, right above the wheelwell. o_O:LOL:

My eyes watered a bit after that one, lol. Somehow there was no blood.
You must have wanted the exercise. My dealer rotates the tires for free with the $49 oil change. Hope you get better.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Same here, the Dealership Rotates my Tires during the Oil Change.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!