• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2014 Enclave Transmission

willyj99

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I too have the same problm on 2014 Enclave. It's been happening since we bought it in 2015.

The dealer said that they could not replicate the problem.

Is there anyone who has had this problem and has gotten it fixed?

MBZ

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I have 2014 Buick Enclave, FWD and I have the same transmission issue. Usually turning a corner and slight uphill turns between 1 and 2 gear. It feels like it's missing gear and then will slam into gear.

redeyeENCLACE

Western, KY
Buick Ownership
2014 Enclave Premium
Same Here!!! Feels like transmission slips in my 2014 Enclave Premium (FWD) at slow speeds after turning and then grabs and slams into gear. Took it to my dealership and of course no problems found.

I have 60,000 miles now and was told it would be covered under the (5-15-2020) 70,000 mile Power train Warranty? Does this sound correct?

Is there a fix to this. Dealership knows this is a big problem but doesn't know what to do? Was wanting to upgrade to the new Enclave Avenir but this stuff doesn't help.

wentjr

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Enclave
I have a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL with the towing package which has been experiencing a shuddering problem at 40 mph and 60 mph and when climbing hills with a full load. A local reputable transmission repair shop test drove my Enclave and diagnosed the shuddering problem as a defective torque convertor. I had originally planned to get this work done but was concerned that this may not be the problem at all and that I may end up paying for other expensive solutions that don't seem to correct the problem.

So I had the transmission oil changed then made a long trip through Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan. Nothing changed and the shuddering continued.

It was then recommended that I add some fuel injector cleaner to the gas the next time I gassed up and after I did, the shuddering stopped. It's been some four to five weeks now and still no shuddering. My vehicle's now runs quieter and smoother and accelerates better without shuddering with or without a full load. I will be testing it shortly climbing steep hills to see if the shuddering will return. I will keep you posted.

Is anybody else willing to try this fuel injector cleaning treatment and report the results to this forum?

John

redeyeENCLACE

Western, KY
Buick Ownership
2014 Enclave Premium
I have a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL with the towing package which has been experiencing a shuddering problem at 40 mph and 60 mph and when climbing hills with a full load. A local reputable transmission repair shop test drove my Enclave and diagnosed the shuddering problem as a defective torque convertor. I had originally planned to get this work done but was concerned that this may not be the problem at all and that I may end up paying for other expensive solutions that don't seem to correct the problem.

So I had the transmission oil changed then made a long trip through Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan. Nothing changed and the shuddering continued.

It was then recommended that I add some fuel injector cleaner to the gas the next time I gassed up and after I did, the shuddering stopped. It's been some four to five weeks now and still no shuddering. My vehicle's now runs quieter and smoother and accelerates better without shuddering with or without a full load. I will be testing it shortly climbing steep hills to see if the shuddering will return. I will keep you posted.

Is anybody else willing to try this fuel injector cleaning treatment and report the results to this forum?

John
What do you thing about cleaning fuel injectors & only using the high Octane gas on fill ups? I also have been experiencing the shuddering problem but only after making a turn and experience a miss when accelerating then slams in???

redeyeENCLACE

Western, KY
Buick Ownership
2014 Enclave Premium
We understand an intermittent vehicle concern is frustrating to deal with. Like Jessica previously stated, we are more than happy to assist you throughout the process of working with your dealer if you choose to go this route in the near future. Please feel free to send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealer name. We are happy to help anyway that we can.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care
I'm having the same problem with my 2014 Buick Enclave Premium (FWD) with 60,000 miles. I took it to the Dealer and they said they couldn't find any problems. Can you help with a solution?

Davidayackle

I'm having the same problem with my 2014 Buick Enclave Premium (FWD) with 60,000 miles. I took it to the Dealer and they said they couldn't find any problems. Can you help with a solution?
I have posted this before. I believe the fix is to completely flush with Mobil 1 LV ATF and re fill. I know it's the fix on newer GM cars dealers will use about 20 quarts... Not 100% on older but wouldn't hurt. If you keep driving while it's shuttering you will be replacing the converter.

Last edited:
Pedal Commander