• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018+ Regal: All Things Accessories

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
The the biggest miss for me on the Buick branding of the car was lack of color on the center caps and lack of color on the tri-shield on the steering wheel.
Not sure there will be many in my camp, but I kinda like the monochrome look. It's subtle, subdued, and clean looking. I'd even entertain monochrome front and rear emblems.
1569257243272.png1569257254507.png

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Not sure there will be many in my camp, but I kinda like the monochrome look. It's subtle, subdued, and clean looking. I'd even entertain monochrome front and rear emblems.
View attachment 18527View attachment 18528
Aesthetically I have an issue with monochrome logos. Re-coloring the tri-shield actually made me take a 2nd look at Buick. I grew up in the Midwest where non-US brands were seldom seen in parking lots and driveways. My first car was a Celebrity in 2-tone brown with copper interior my 2nd was a white Oldsmobile with a blue interior.

I would have been the freak looking for a pearl white TourX with a bordello red interior if such a thing existed.

I also know I'm in the minority of consumers.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Aesthetically I have an issue with monochrome logos. Re-coloring the tri-shield actually made me take a 2nd look at Buick. I grew up in the Midwest where non-US brands were seldom seen in parking lots and driveways. My first car was a Celebrity in 2-tone brown with copper interior my 2nd was a white Oldsmobile with a blue interior.

I would have been the freak looking for a pearl white TourX with a bordello red interior if such a thing existed.

I also know I'm in the minority of consumers.
I think you had a rare vehicle in that Celebrity, but I was not real interested in Buick, until the last Roadmaster with LT1. So I may have missed it, unless it was a Chevy or a Century?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
[CheQUOTE="L J, post: 317409, member: 49094"]
I think you had a rare vehicle in that Celebrity, but I was not real interested in Buick, until the last Roadmaster with LT1. So I may have missed it, unless it was a Chevy or a Century?
[/QUOTE]
1982 Chevrolet Celebrity I can't swear to the paint colors but it was a light brown in the lower half and a chocolate brown on top. Color was just about the best thing about that car.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
[CheQUOTE="L J, post: 317409, member: 49094"]
1982 Chevrolet Celebrity I can't swear to the paint colors but it was a light brown in the lower half and a chocolate brown on top. Color was just about the best thing about that car.
[/QUOTE]
I guess that Chevy was pretty forgettable, because I did. That was same platform as Pontiac 6000 right?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I guess that Chevy was pretty forgettable, because I did. That was same platform as Pontiac 6000 right?
[/QUOTE]

GM A-body (FWD) 1982 to 1996
This replaced the RWD A-body
Although those RWD A-platform vehicles largely carried on and were called "G-body"

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You seem to have drawn the line at wooodgrain...or is that a given?
I think woodgrain would historically be more acceptable on a Buick Estate or Roadmaster wagon, then on a Pontiac Catalina or Grand Safari. Had a 70 Catalina Safari that had a factory?, black vinyl top that looked pretty strange with the baby blue paint that was on it.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
You seem to have drawn the line at wooodgrain...or is that a given?
I prefer my wood grain in the interior, this piano black and faux carbon fiber on the dash is killing me (but both are better than the brushed stainless look.)

I enjoyed saying things like "knock on fake wood" when driving my 1987 Oldsmobile around.

Pedal Commander