• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

ABS light / Service Stabilitrak

TJP

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I've just had this same problem on my 2011 LaCrosse CSX. Reluctor rings are the moving part on the hub that the sensor picks up on to determine wheel speed. In my case, with only 70,000 miles, the right rear reluctor ring is missing several pieces on the hub. The hub required replacement. $500 bill. Seems like a significant reliability problem on a $40,000+ car.

Milehighassassin

Buick Ownership
Buick
Well, I can say that I am truly disappointed in Buick and General Motors. After multiple phone calls, messages etc, I come to find out I must pay full price to have this repair done. My car has 62,000 miles on it. The thing that really irks me is that this repair (parts and labor) would cost GM under $200, because of their ridiculous markup on parts and labor, but it will be costing be $475.00, paying full rate and markup on parts and labor. In my business when something goes wrong, I stand behind my product, even if it is out of warranty. I have owned 4 Buicks before this car, and this will be my last one. I am very disappointed in the way this situation was handled. And to top it off, the reason this part failed, was due to Buick being cheap, and placing the reluctor ring on the outside of the hub. They should have owned up, replaced the part, and took care of it. I really can't say that I am surprised. Hopefully this will help some of you in the future. And just so everyone understands, it’s not the money that I care about, it’s the principle.:mad:

I don't see how it should be included in the powertrain warranty. It is not an internally lubricated part of the transmission or motor. The warranty is clearly stated and you are clearly outside the warranty. They stand behind their product. Where do you draw the line? If you had 80k miles should they still stand behind it? How about 120k miles? Buick may have been cheap with this part, but on the flip side if they weren't cheap or being cost conscious, would you be willing to spend another $6,000 on the cost of your vehicle?

With that said my 2011 Buick with 115k miles on it just had all these sensors go off. I'll find out tomorrow what is causing it. I inked up an extended warranty that covers me until 135,000 miles. Time will tell.

Milehighassassin

Buick Ownership
Buick
Pretty much same issue with mine as well. Three hubs replaced and the wheel speed sensors. $100 deductible on the warranty. I'm happy. Repair would have been around $1600

JFD

Buick Ownership
Buick
I just had this repaired on my 10.

The hub also started to go at the same time so that was replaced (what a pita the mech had trying to get it out), as well as the sensor...

400 later. :/ (had my rubber changed out on the rims too).

Fleascott5

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2011 Lacrosse, I've been getting a message that says "Service Brake Assist". Dealership said it was an "Exposed Wire" and fixed it. 2 days later it's doing it again. I'm worried. Now I'm getting this "Service Stabili Trak" then it changes to the Brake. What does this all mean? Mileage is 54000

Dpaul

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Bought my 2014 Buick Regal Turbo in September. Just had the stabiltrak service message + traction control and abs lights turn on when I started my car today. This car has under 27k miles on it... The dealership will be hearing from me in the morning...

Jankmikek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
I'm having the same problem with mine. It started after I had an oil seal replaced.

volkeyn

Buick Ownership
Buick
I had the same problem when the car was 50k miles... 2011 Lacrosse CXL AWD ...left rear hub and ABS sensor replaced...$800 bill...I paid only $100 deductible under extended warranty....
Just a modest advise to Buick owners who are getting close to 50k miles factory warranty expiration ....you should definitely get an extended warranty, trust me you WILL NOT regret!!! I have Ford warranty but next time I will get it from warrantydirect.com ... they have 2 year payment plan $30-$40 per months...its worth it..get the advanced package that covers all the electronics. BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT WITH THIS CAR!!!

CarbonBlackCXS

At cost of $720 or $960 over two years plus $100 deductible for each visit I'll take my chance as the odds are in my favor. Third party warranty agreements are designed to benefit the seller, not the buyer. If it were the other way around they wouldn't offer it.

Julieks

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I bought my Encore in May 2014. A few months after I bought the car the ABS and Stabilitrak lights started coming on intermittently. I have had my car in the service dept several times for testing and no one can figure out what the issue is. The owners manual says don't drive it if these lights are on but the service people keep saying you can drive it. Last time they told me to bring it in when the lights are actually on. Well, it always happens after hours or on the weekend. Finally I was able to get it there while the lights were on. Guess what they found...NOTHING! However, some error codes did come up but not ones for the current issue. What about those error codes? Just cross our fingers and hope they are not serious? I am getting so tired of dealing with this issue. Yesterday I was driving down the road the stabilitrak light came on, the guages started going haywire and the car started jerking, speeding up and slowing down. Today I call for an appt and the service dept can't get me in for 10 days. Really...this is an ongoing issue, under warranty and I have to wait 10 days when it is a safety hazard that has been going on since I bought the car.

Teda palton

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Did uyou ever figure out the problem because I have a 2010 buick lacrosse an mines doing the same thing an nobody seems to know the problem

tomtella

Wolcott, CT
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXL AWD
My 2010 CXL had this problem also (Stabilitrak and ABS warning lights on). The first failure occurred around 125,000 miles, the right front wheel, and the left front failed about 10,000 miles later. In both cases, the entire wheel bearing hub had to be replaced. Total cost close to $1000. I suppose at this mileage it might not be the worst thing, as now I have new front wheel bearings. Nothing wrong with the sensors, the problem is that the hub contains the target, or reluctor, for the sensor. Has anybody had a rear wheel problem with this same failure?

DonP

VA
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick LaCrosse.
Ran into similar issues with my '04 LeSabre. In my case it was the WSS in the right front hub. It was borderline spec in terms out output and resistance, and the sensitivity of the RF channel EBCS was a bit low. Hub replacement cleared the issue I had. However, the problem can also be caused by cable and connector problem and the EBCS.

LoganClem

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Same problem happened to me. 2012 Buick Regal with just over 50k miles and service stabilitrak and service brake assist notifications are on. Same problem just occurred with my parents 2011 lacrosse. I love our buicks, but expect better out of the brand. This is ridiculous.

ClayBelt

3.8L Turbo Member
North Florida
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS (3.6L)
I believe I heard something about a crunched brake sensor or loose wiring disabling it?

brianpb321

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Just had mine repaired on my 2012 Buick LaCrosse. Apparently on the inside of the hub there is a small strip of what appears to be little magnets that comes in like 100+ little sections that appear to be glued on. Apparently a few of them fell off causing my ABS warning light to go on. Parts & Labor from my local mechanic $335.87 because the entire hub had to be replaced.
2017-07-28_14-03-20.jpg

DonP

VA
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick LaCrosse.
Prices for a 2012 3.6L hub ass'y start at about $60. $100 plus shipping for OEM at RockAuto, $150 at AAP (excluding any potential sign-up-for discount). The rest is labor.

Ryan Johnson

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
This is on a 2013 regal with 70k miles.
Left rear reluctor ring was the issue.
Not under the power train warranty, cost me $450 today. I'm not impressed

Pedal Commander