Android Auto

Delton

Sacramento, California
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS AWD w/ Trifecta Tune Previously: 2012 Buick Regal Premium I
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I have a 2015 Lacrosse and when I purchased it I thought it had android auto, apple play, projection, pandora, etc. because I looked at another one that was the same model, same year, same color and it had all of those apps but I chose mine because of the price and warranty. Mine doesn't have all of those apps. Can get those apps via update?
You'll have to check if your 2015 has the HMI2.5 module. If it has the HMI2 module you'll have to upgrade the hardware to the 2.5 module. If it has the 2.5 module, you should be able to take it into a dealership to get the update.

Delton

Sacramento, California
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS AWD w/ Trifecta Tune Previously: 2012 Buick Regal Premium I

Mom3W

Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse
Yes I want it super bad! I thought I had all these features already and to discover I didn't just irked my nerves! I even took it to the dealer thinking it was a simple upgrade. They updated my radio and nothing change :cautious:...what a waste! (like what did they update)

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Premium I - 2.0L Turbo
I did the Car Play Android Auto with White Automotive and Media Services.
It's not Cheap, but it is great being able to answer texts while driving (Hands Free).
I got the Update on my NAV too, much cheaper if you don't have to have Factory NAV,
but I'm stubborn and had to have it, I didn't want to loose that feature!
I don't have an Android Phone and neither does my wife so I have no way to even see if Android Auto
Works, it should, but who really knows?
Never even thought about looking in the Setting for Android Auto to show up, I might just go out and check!

I sourced my parts on Ebay Used instead of buying New from White Automotive to help keep the cost down.
Sometimes wish I had purchased them from White, they carry a 1 year warranty!
I think I maybe saved $300-$400 getting my parts on Ebay!

Last edited:

spazztic

Buick Ownership
2016 buick regal premium 2 turbo
There's a aftermarket dongle in the works. Google "Wireless Android Audio kickstarter"
Thanks but 120$ isn't worth wireless aa.
I could probably hack together my own system for slot less than that.

I'll see if I can mod the hu

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Thanks but 120$ isn't worth wireless aa.
I could probably hack together my own system for slot less than that.

I'll see if I can mod the hu
Wireless doesn't charge your phone. Another thing to go wrong.

Mom3W

Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse
I did the Car Play Android Auto with White Automotive and Media Services.
It's not Cheap, but it is great being able to answer texts while driving (Hands Free).
I got the Update on my NAV too, much cheaper if you don't have to have Factory NAV,
but I'm stubborn and had to have it, I didn't want to loose that feature!
I don't have an Android Phone and neither does my wife so I have no way to even see if Android Auto
Works, it should, but who really knows?
Never even thought about looking in the Setting for Android Auto to show up, I might just go out and check!

I sourced my parts on Ebay Used instead of buying New from White Automotive to help keep the cost down.
Sometimes wish I had purchased them from White, they carry a 1 year warranty!
I think I maybe saved $300-$400 getting my parts on Ebay!

On White Automotive it says it's $99, that's the cheapest I have seen. I already have navigation, I definitely wouldn't bought the car without that. But I'm going to check with my dealer again because my radio is acting up and maybe I can luck up on a new module without buying one (fingers crossed)

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Mom3W
That is the cost of Reprogramming a different HMI and Radio Module to your Car's VIN so it will work with your car.
If you buy the HMI and Radio Module from their List it already has Car Play and Android Auto Installed, just has to be reprogrammed!
I purchase my HMI and Radio Module on Ebay and they cost me about $400.
White Automotive does sell New HMI and Radio Modules, wish I had gone that route!
You also need to purchase the New USB (doesn't have the SD Card Reader).

$99.99 for the Reprogramming
$49.99 if you want the 2020 NAV Update
$174.99 for Full Hmi Unlock Programming

Last edited:

Mom3W

Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse
Mom3W
That is the cost of Reprogramming a different HMI and Radio Module to your Car's VIN so it will work with your car.
If you buy the HMI and Radio Module from their List it already has Car Play and Android Auto Installed, just has to be reprogrammed!
I purchase my HMI and Radio Module on Ebay and they cost me about $400.
White Automotive does sell New HMI and Radio Modules, wish I had gone that route!
You also need to purchase the New USB (doesn't have the SD Card Reader.

$99.99 for the Reprogramming
$49.99 if you want the 2020 NAV Update
$174.99 for Full Hmi Unlock Programming

Thank you very much!

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
No, sorry I didn't!

I did try to watch the Video above, but that guy was just in the way of the
camera too much and then didn't show how to change out the Radio Module.
What kills me is that I've ended up Tearing this all apart 3 Times, I could have easily
done a Video for YouTube.
So, I shouldn't complain, that guys Video is way better than mine!

1. The first time was to install the New HMI and Radio Module
2. The second time was to Take the HMI out to return it to White Automotive & Media Services
because the Ebay Seller sold me a Relabeled HMI and this part number didn't contain Android Auto.
White Automotive & Media Services did fix it for me, but I had to ship it back to them.
3. The Third Time was to install the HMI again after White Automotive returned it to me (Fixed).

My advice is to take your time.
The Parts you'll need to remove to get to the HMI seem like they're going to break as you do
need to pull quite hard (just be careful).
You may ask yourself, do I have all the screws removed, because they are so hard to pull apart!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!