• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

insurman33

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse CXS
Front storage....like a place to put spare change, etc...

No power outlet on the dash....

Ghost in the trunk that opens the trunk at various times...can't they figure out a reprogram for the fob of two clicks not one to open the trunk.

Wheel locks that don't cost an arm or a leg....or being able to find ones not from the dealer with the right size.

MHT

Indiana
The warning message is about the use of the Nav. The only time I have seen it is after the service department disconnected the battery to do a reset. When I went into the Nav screen the warning came up and after I did the I accept indicating I had read the message it went away. It came up another time when I was just exploring the Nav.
Unlike the Lexus and Genesis that I once owned it does not come up every time you start the car and I am glad it does not because that is annoying. I do not know why it is coming up at start up on the one posters car but sounds to me he should let service check it out.
I think the reason some of you may not be seeing it is because once accepted it usually does not show back up unless there is some sort of interruption in the system and it may have been accepted when the car was PDI.

Last edited:

tjc78

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 PIII
I have to hit "OK" on the Nav warning screen every so often. It happens maybe once a month if that. No biggie, I can't find any pattern as to why it does it, but it does.

airmike1

Jacksonville, Florida
Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse CXS
1. Slow transmission shifts in sport mode.
2. Lethargic throttle response.
3. Low frequency vibrations in door panels when stereo is cranked to 75%.
4. Sunroof sunshade is translucent (now I am getting picky).
5. Need a dead pedal as I do not want to mess the carpet up.

I love my '10 CXS that I purchased new. It has 36,000 miles on her. I still like it after it was repaired several months ago after a front end collision with a drunk driver on the way to work...it made for an excellant battering ram.

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
1. Slow transmission shifts in sport mode.
2. Lethargic throttle response.
3. Low frequency vibrations in door panels when stereo is cranked to 75%.
4. Sunroof sunshade is translucent (now I am getting picky).
5. Need a dead pedal as I do not want to mess the carpet up.

I love my '10 CXS that I purchased new. It has 36,000 miles on her. I still like it after it was repaired several months ago after a front end collision with a drunk driver on the way to work...it made for an excellant battering ram.
At the risk of getting flamed....I'll respond:
1) Isn't sport mode supposed to hold the shift point longer?
2) The LaCross was designed to be a lux. cruiser, not a Camaro. My 12 will break the front tires loose on a start.
3) 75% volume? Forget the door panel vibes...you just permanantly damaged your hearing. I know...speaking from experience and wearing hearing aids to prove it.
4) A legit. issue
5) I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what a dead pedal is...maybe vinyl area on the carpet at the base of the pedal?

MHT

Indiana
2) The LaCross was designed to be a lux. cruiser, not a Camaro. My 12 will break the front tires loose on a start.
3) 75% volume? Forget the door panel vibes...you just permanantly damaged your hearing. I know...speaking from experience and wearing hearing aids to prove it.
4) A legit. issue
5) I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what a dead pedal is...maybe vinyl area on the carpet at the base of the pedal?

#3 I like that unlike the Genesis the rear deck shelf can handle the bass without vibrating. I do not think I will be at 75% volume.
#4 2013 XTS has the translucent panel so you may see more of this on other cars. I too did not care for it at first but I have gotten use to it.
#5 I do not care for the dead pedal which is mounted to the floor.

airmike1

Jacksonville, Florida
Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse CXS
4) A legit. issue
No need for a flame suit Barry.
1. Yes it does hold and maintain. It will deny a downshift a thousand or so RPMs from the rev limiter.
2. Buick gave us customers the option to purchase "sport mode" which makes the car more spirited to drive. Because of the stiffened suspension under sport mode, the car takes turns even better, making it fun to drive on twisty rodes...very noticable and enjoyable.
3. I actually leave my stereo at low audio levels. I have cranked the stereo up on rare occasions when I was alone and noticed door panel vibrations on low notes.
4. Good.
5. That is alright, a dead pedal is a artificial pedal to rest your left foot, left of the brake pedal.

Good questions Barry. Enjoy that Lacrosse of yours :)
Mike

tjc78

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 PIII
3. I actually leave my stereo at low audio levels. I have cranked the stereo up on rare occasions when I was alone and noticed door panel vibrations on low notes.
Most cars with higher powered audio systems will do that. Both my Genesis and Avalon before that would vibrate when the system was pushed. My LaCrosse is doing it as well.

When I was into car audio in my younger days I would pop the door panels off and use foam any where I could to stop it. It would be fine for a few weeks and come back.

The hell with it! ;)

MHT

Indiana
My biggest complaint is that I have no complaint. This car is proving to be all I need and expect in a car. I love the Carbon Black color which looks so classy in the evening and night lighting. The car rides, handles and performs well. When using the correct voice commands it out shines all the other cars that I have had with voice command. The Harman/Kardon Sound System makes listening to XM Radio a dream. The Navigation has never failed me and the weather, traffic , and road constructions alerts is simply amazing.
Maybe I just got lucky and grabbed a good one, all I can say is, it's about time.
Both Buick Customer service and my service department experience has been second to none.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
2) I've adjusted the lumbar as far away from me as possible and I can still feel it digging into my back after a few hours of sitting.
Another 2500 miles on the clock over the past week and this issue has completely disappeared. Several 8 hour stints without incident. Loving this car out on the road. So much passing power. The speed limits from Denver to Vegas are 75-80 and the car cruises with certainty and ease up to 100 without any complaint. Straight up mountain passes w/ cruise set to 85. I think my 'passing to passed' ratio is around 1000:1 :)

Poor Camry drivers, so sad.

David P

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
2011 CXS. Maybe these are changed for 2012:

Principal gripe is that the shifter is too far back for convenient use of sport mode, one of the reasons we chose the CXS.

Also, in setting the Nav I really would like to be able to use the touch screen to drag to a different route (like we can do on a browser with Google Map.)

Last edited:

airmike1

Jacksonville, Florida
Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse CXS
Another 2500 miles on the clock over the past week and this issue has completely disappeared. Several 8 hour stints without incident. Loving this car out on the road. So much passing power. The speed limits from Denver to Vegas are 75-80 and the car cruises with certainty and ease up to 100 without any complaint. Straight up mountain passes w/ cruise set to 85. I think my 'passing to passed' ratio is around 1000:1 :)

Poor Camry drivers, so sad.
LOL@passing ratio and Camry drivers, too funny! I too, can neither confirm, nor deny exceeding 100mph and destroying my fuel economy average. The CXS is not only great on road trips, but fun tossing it around turns.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
My wife is a Colorado native and we've driven from Denver to Grand Junction many times (in many crappy vehicles). I've done most of the driving on our current trip but in Idaho Springs I pulled over to let her have the mountain drive as it's her favorite. As we were pulling away from our rest stop (Beau Jo's Pizza) I put the car in sport mode (which I've yet to show her) and she had the best time carving up the turns over Eisenhower, Vail Pass and back down through Glenwood Canyon towards Rifle. More than once she commented how well the car handled. I think I've created a monster.

We've now completed our Vegas loop and are checking out of our Grand Junction hotel this morning. We're headed back to Denver to have lunch with her mother. She's had her fun and I'm the morning person so this chunk is mine. It's hard to believe, but I'm super impressed with the 19" Goodyears, they are sticking to everything I give them like glue :)

Pete065

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello All,

It is great to get your honest feedback on the LaCrosse. If you should ever have a concern you would like looked into, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here on the forum via private message. We request the last 8 digits of the VIN be included so we may do some preliminary investigations.

Kind regards,
Sarah (Assisting Tricia)
Buick Customer Service
I owned a 2011 LaCrosee CXS, It seem that the vent from the A/C does not work, I can smell odors from the road. The dealeship says that it's working fine. Any suggestions?

21howard

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
When on the cell phone with Bluetooth how can I transfer the call back to the cell when I leave the auto? I am aware of the voice command but that cuts off the other party while doing it. I would like to do it in the console so that the other party is still talking.

Thanks

scandalous

Texas
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse eAssist
When on the cell phone with Bluetooth how can I transfer the call back to the cell when I leave the auto? I am aware of the voice command but that cuts off the other party while doing it. I would like to do it in the console so that the other party is still talking.

Thanks
What kind of phone do you have? On the iPhone you just pick source and tap on iPhone I believe you can also do the same on Android.

insurman33

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse CXS
I owned a 2011 LaCrosee CXS, It seem that the vent from the A/C does not work, I can smell odors from the road. The dealeship says that it's working fine. Any suggestions?
It might be the A/C evaporator. If you say it's an outside smell. All outside air
must first pass through the evaporator.

Pedal Commander