• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

killrwheels

South Florida
Buick Ownership
10 Lacrosse CXS, 08 CTS DI, 06 SRX, 05 Vette Z51

insurman33

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse CXS
Biggest exterior complaint- the position of the cylinder makers on the hood.
With coming of winter, you get snow and ice freezing in the makers and then
melting as you drive throwing occasional moisture on the windshield. On one
of the Buick models they moves them on the bend of the hood. Original markers in the "old" days were on the front side panels for those of us who
remember.

stagger72

Buick Ownership
2012 Lacrosse Touring Diamond
Biggest exterior complaint- the position of the cylinder makers on the hood.
With coming of winter, you get snow and ice freezing in the makers and then
melting as you drive throwing occasional moisture on the windshield. On one
of the Buick models they moves them on the bend of the hood. Original markers in the "old" days were on the front side panels for those of us who
remember.
Those stupid things are my biggest appearance complaint anyway. I wish they hadn't made indents on the hood where they're attached or I would've already removed them.

21howard

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks. I never considered looking at the phone. Your idea worked great with my iPhone. Able to transfer call seamlessly.
Thanks again Scandalous

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
When on the cell phone with Bluetooth how can I transfer the call back to the cell when I leave the auto? I am aware of the voice command but that cuts off the other party while doing it. I would like to do it in the console so that the other party is still talking.
With my Galaxy S III just turn off the bluetooth icon wich shows on the "call in progress" screen (which should be lit of you are currently talking using the LaCrosse).

buick26

A Regular
South Central PA
Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse CXS 2010
The trunk is not accessible via a "key" entry. I found this to be a huge issue shortly after I had my car. I accidentally left the lights on and my battery died. Of course, I had jumper cables in my trunk, however, since the battery was dead, I could not open the trunk. I had to enter the rear passenger seats, fold them down, and open the trunk via the emergency latch, you know the one in case someone is locked in the trunk....ugggg frustrating!!

GolfingDuo

Central Massachusetts
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
The trunk is not accessible via a "key" entry. I found this to be a huge issue shortly after I had my car. I accidentally left the lights on and my battery died. Of course, I had jumper cables in my trunk, however, since the battery was dead, I could not open the trunk. I had to enter the rear passenger seats, fold them down, and open the trunk via the emergency latch, you know the one in case someone is locked in the trunk....ugggg frustrating!!
That really sucked. I hope that wont happen to me. I did think though that the lights automatically shut off. Even the accessory switch shuts off after 5 minutes and anything on as well in my car.

sprek

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS
I just recently bought my 2011 cxs about 2 weeks ago I would have said the radio nav unit but after reading all the posts on problems it was easier to get the dealer to take care of them
Big Thanks:headbang:

I would say at this point my only complaints are very minor

1 I wish the cruise was back on the stick not the stearing wheel I have four other gm's that use the stick so it is hard to remember to use the stearing wheel

2 The gas door being on the passenger side

Loubiere

Buick Newbie
Texas
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse
It is way to difficult to load playlists into Navigation Hard drive.

Entry/Exit does not work well. If you use easy exit and require the seat to be forward when driving, it moves forward before you can get in position upon entry.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I wouldn't hate the option to remove the portholes.

On the 2011 Regal there were no hood vents, they added them on the 12's. I think if I had a '12 Regal I'd consider spending cash to get an '11 hood installed. Same goes for the LaCrosse... I love the car but if I could somewhat easily get an OEM ventless hood I'd probably give that some real thought. It's probably the tackiest piece of the car and most likely only going to look more and more out of place over time. No portholes on the new XTS nor my brother's Lexus.

Last edited:

GolfingDuo

Central Massachusetts
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
I actually like the fake port holes though I think it would have been better to be real. I would not say no to one without because I like the car even if that were gone. It is not the reason I like the car looks or otherwise. The hood would have to manufactured without the indent for the chrome pieces for obvious reasons. Still I like that little accent. I have never had a car that had that and it is and has been a mark of a Buick for as long as they have been around. They have placed it many ways and had many shapes but the signature of the line has been that vent.

HMTJ6821

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse 2016
I have to agree. I hated the look of the fake port-o-vents when I bought the car and I still dislike them. The car is very easy to wash and dry EXCEPT for those six indents that always drip water when I raise the hood to clean the engine bay.

If someone were to make an aftermarket hood without the dents, I would do everything I could to convince my wife it was a worthwhile investment in improving the desirability and resale value of the vehicle.

dtv757

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse 2014
love my LaCrosse
just wish is had CUE
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62u7rjjn1Ro[/ame]

maybe future Buick's will have it.

also wish there was a way to change the color of HUD but other than that love. it!

Last edited:

MHT

Indiana
Maybe the 2014 will have no port vents and the cue system. Some spy photo's are showing the 2014 with the same port vents.

Last edited:

donaldp

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Hammond, Indiana
Buick Ownership
09 Lacrosse, 1999 Century
09 lacrosse
Love how quite and comfortable to drive.
#1 complaint Gas milage.
#2 no comfortable place for left foot.
#3 A-pillars are wide. Did not realise till step daughter complained.
#4 I bought an arm rest that mounts in the window track from a truck stop. It sets higher an I can move it around. I love it.
#5 weather teck plastic things over door windows.Back door ones fell out when window was open

MHT

Indiana
In an earlier reply to this thread I said that I had no complaints but I do have some concerns. I too now find that it would be nice if the A pillars were not as wide as they do take a little time to adjust to.
The trunk opening on it's own needs to be better addressed and a 5 sec delay when pushing the trunk open button on the key fob should be considered.
Maybe it is time for Buick to let the past go and drop the port vents, in this day and time, just how many people remember the days of the port vents?
I like my LaCrosse and prefer it over many cars that I have owned, I do not see any of these things as being a deal breaker that would keep me from purchasing another.

UPDATE:
Just dropped the car off at the dealers, they will check to make sure the raspy sound I am hearing at moderate acceleration is indeed
normal. They are also going to look into the trunk opening issue as the trunk key pad replacement may not have resolved the problem.

UPDATE: Just got car back and dealer compared my car with another and stated that raspy sound at moderate acceleration is normal.
They could not duplicate trunk opening and other than replacing the trunk touch pad, I guess that is it for now.

Last edited: