• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Custom Bose Bypass Harness

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
I’ve stopped buying things from PayPal and EBay because of a $200+ purchase I made long ago that went bad. PayPal wouldn’t return my money so they’ve lost me as a customer for life. Similar rule in place for Amazon for a different issue. I paid full price for my cargo rail from a GM parts seller rather than the heavily discounted prices on eBay just because of this.

Good luck with your claim.

By the way, I tried to pull my USB/Aux assembly out and had trouble getting any sort of leverage. Screwdrivers are too long to get under the little pry point and I think I need something with a thin 90 degree angle. I need to look around the house to see if I can find my iPhone try tools.
Guess what?! PayPal approved my claim and refunded me $44.50. I also get to keep the USB module, which I can save as a spare or sell on eBay or something.

I got a phone number from an Impala forum for a lady named Jenny Davis with JD IVI Systems LLC, and I contacted her about the USB modules. She clarified that the USB module I purchased from eBay was specifically for ‘14-‘17 year models and it would have been compatible with HMI 2.0. She said she had a module with two USB ports and a 3.5mm audio jack that would work in my car. The hurricane delayed the shipment for a few days, but I have it and will install it tomorrow. No SD Card, but at least I can have two USB devices connected simultaneously.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
My quest to upgrade the factory USB module in the center console is finally complete. I have replaced the factory-installed module, part #13596807, with part #13519224 and it works flawlessly.

I now have two power/data USB ports and a 3.5mm analog audio jack instead of just a single power/data USB port.

So, just to clarify the part numbers I tried, their port setup, and whether or not they worked, here’s a list:

Part #​
Description​
Compatibility​
13596807(1) USB PortFactory Installed Module Full Compatibility
22990883(2) USB Ports
(1) 3.5mm Audio Jack
(1) SD Card Slot
USB Ports - Power Only
Audio Jack - No Signal
SD Card - No Signal
13536589(1) USB PortFull Compatibility
13519224(2) USB Ports
(1) 3.5mm Audio Jack
Full Compatibility

Last edited:

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
My quest to upgrade the factory USB module in the center console is finally complete. I have replaced the factory-installed module, part #13596807, with part #13519224 and it works flawlessly.

I now have two power/data USB ports and a 3.5mm analog audio jack instead of just a single power/data USB port.

So, just to clarify the part numbers I tried, their port setup, and whether or not they worked, here’s a list:

Part #​
Description​
Compatibility​
13596807(1) USB PortFactory Installed Module Full Compatibility
22990883(2) USB Ports
(1) 3.5mm Audio Jack
(1) SD Card Slot
USB Ports - Power Only
Audio Jack - No Signal
SD Card - No Signal
13536589(1) USB PortFull Compatibility
13519224(2) USB Ports
(1) 3.5mm Audio Jack
Full Compatibility

I‘m still hoping to find a compatible module with the SD Card slot, but I can work with what I have.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners